The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to joslhank's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2011, 10:33 PM

joslhank is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to joslhank
New

Hello, My Name Is Josh.

I'm new to the forums, but my quick look around tells me I'm home.
I know this is probably overly posted but it is here all the same. I would
like to grow. I am sorta new to the whole gym thing when it comes to gaining size. I just lost 50lbs on my last diet and now I would like to fill out my clothes a little better.

If you haven't guessed by now I am posting in hopes some of you guys might be willing to help me. I am completely clueless on what to do. I never really know what is right for me. I'm sure there are several of you that can say the same. lol. I would really apprieciate ANY help anyone could give me. Just message me if you need to know anything.

Thanks,
Josh
  #2   Add to joslhank's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2011, 12:24 AM

Goals

If it helps intice anyone into helping me. What I would like is to grow a massive set of pecs. I mean til I can't wear a shirt anymore if need be. Over all size is a given but anyone who can help me with my focus I am yours to mold like play dough. I am willing to follow anything you say to reach my goal. Also if at all possible I would like to work in a nice bubble butt, not that mine is flat haha. I just want that ass that you can see the orbs moving in any pants. XD

I know this is asking for a lot, but who knows lol
  #3   Add to THE BODYBUILDING GIANT's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2011, 08:57 AM

THE BODYBUILDING GIANT is on a distinguished road
i had just wrote a hole eassy and it disappeared fuck fuck fuck it was so good well here goes again

1. whats your tARGET no matter what set yourself a target and dont think about anything else but that
2 eat every 3 hours or 4 hours or 2 what ever is best for your body if u have a fats metabolism then 2 hours if not 4 but find out how your body works
3 protein and slow carbs shoudl be your diet with minerals and vitamins as supplement
4.squat bench deadlift over head press should be your foundation no matter what you do these few exercise this foundation with make u big and strong and huge.
day 1 shoulders triceps over head press
day 2 legs squat
day 3 chest bicep bench
day 4 back abs dead lift

these exercise will build your core and body into a body that can handle muscle if not ur body will not be able to handle muscle and so will not grow
5 dont focus on other people and what they are doing and think should i be doing that cause the answer will be no keep to your target
6 steroids work if im honest but only on a foundation u have no foundation so how will they work dont touch them until you have 5-10 years of training under yuor bely other wise all that will happen is u ill bloat like a ballon and will get injured and have ashit physic
7 take advice off people and spit out what u think is bullshit

my advice is free and it the most basic advice to a begginer if u was an intermediate i would be saying many other things but dont make it complicated

train eat sleep \
train eat sleep
keep to that routine and u wont go wrong stress stops u growing and so does shit trainign form and not eating

8 find your rep range what i mean is when i di a set my muses burn when i do an exercise 10-12 times per set i know that on a heavyish weight if i get 10-12 reps my muscles will ache and thats good sometimes on some on a heavy weight i can go 15-20 till they ache
what im trying to say is see when does you body react when your using good form and see when your body reacts after how many reps and sets then write it down so you know and ythen look back in 6 months time and see if youve gotten stronger on certain exercises
ego goes out the window lifting to heavy will only do one thing -injure you
i train heavyish every now and then because i have a powerlifting back ground and my body lieks heavy weights my training partner grows doing moderate weight slots of reps
ego has no place in the gym leave it at the door think to grow i need to punish my body and put it through hell for the next 2 hours is doing 1 rep gonna do that no it will injure u though

keep in target keep on target keep on target once u have done this for 6 months let me know and ill give u intermediate advice

hope this helps

where u from maybe train with u sometimes to show u a few thinsg if ur in the uk tats is
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #4   Add to joslhank's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2011, 09:05 AM

WHOA! OMG THANKS! That is like... WHOA! I am printing this off and going to get started ASAP! If you come up with any modifications just let me know. I REALLY thank you for everything you do!

P.s. I'm in the States
  #5   Add to THE BODYBUILDING GIANT's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2011, 09:07 AM

THE BODYBUILDING GIANT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by joslhank View Post
WHOA! OMG THANKS! That is like... WHOA! I am printing this off and going to get started ASAP! If you come up with any modifications just let me know. I REALLY thank you for everything you do!

P.s. I'm in the States
shame u live there i
just ask me questions and ill answer mate
  #6   Add to joslhank's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2011, 07:35 PM

Numbers

Now I just need to figure out numbers. I am planning to take some pictures of the gym and post them so if anyone see's a machine I should be using just say so. As for figuring out numbers how do I know how much weight to use for maximum effect? How many Reps? Sets?

Thanks,
Josh
  #7   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2011, 07:57 PM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
I'm pretty much a beginner myself, but let me share how I started my workout routines in regards to reps and sets.

I started out with light weights. Weights I could pump out 15-20 sets before having to stop. I did 4 sets per exercise using this concept. Even though it was a lighter weight, I was still real sore just because the muscles weren't used to doing any working out. I basically kept up this system until it felt too easy. That's when I knew I was ready to start going at it for real. Now with each exercise I do 4 sets still, but I increase the weight by 10 in between each set. Also, the reps decrease as the weights increase. So right now my 4 sets are broken down like this: 1x12, 1x10, 1x8, 1x6. That last set has low reps, but it takes all I got to crank out the 6 reps. I've definitely been seeing progress now and the amount of weight I'm lifting has at least doubled for every exercise I'm doing.

I could go into more detail (such as what exercises I'm doing), but really the main point I'm making is starting with lighter weights at higher reps then working towards what I'm doing now. The reason I liked doing it this way is I did get sore, but it wasn't as intense as I'd get in the past when I could barely move. I know soreness helps, but I don't want to be rendered immobile either. Taking it slow like I did I think helped me really hit the ground running when I stepped up my workouts, and so far I've really been impressing myself (and others heheh).

You never know, this may not work for you, as we're all different, but hopefully it gives you some ideas to work with as you're starting out. You'll definitely get good advice and different tips from the more experienced guys around here. Best advice I was given was pick out what seems to work for you and run with that. Best of luck!
  #8   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2011, 07:59 PM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
I made a typo and I wanted to edit, but apparently you can't edit on this particular board, so I have to double post...

Quote:
I started out with light weights. Weights I could pump out 15-20 sets before having to stop.
I meant 15-20 reps per set, not 15-20 sets heh...
  #9   Add to joslhank's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2011, 08:09 PM

Thanks

This gives me at least something to start with. Thanks. I hope you reach your goals.

Also, I set up a Bodyspace. So If anyone wants to peek at that...
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/joslhank/
  #10   Add to joslhank's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2011, 08:19 PM

I think...

So here are my stats if I have done it right, probably not.
joshlhankins: Height: 6'5"
joshlhankins: Weight: 185lbs
joshlhankins: Arms: 12"
joshlhankins: Waist: 32"
joshlhankins: Thighs: 20"
joshlhankins: Calves: 14"
joshlhankins: Forearms: 11"
joshlhankins: Neck: 15"
joshlhankins: The rest I will have to get a bigger tape measure
  #11   Add to joslhank's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2011, 10:16 PM

Day ONE

Tonight I Realized I Need To Build Up My Strength.... sigh

I know abs aren't until Day FOUR, but I did 2 sets of 25 with 90lbs. I will do a lot more on Day FOUR though. I did four sets of 10 on the Lat Pulldown. I did one set on 70lbs, then 90lbs, then 110lbs then finally on 130lbs. Then I used 2 20lb dumbbells and did 4 sets of 10. I hope this was ok for my first day. What do you think?
  #12   Add to joslhank's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 10th, 2011, 11:22 PM

Day TWO

Day TWO was Legs.

I was disappointed with myself for being weaker than I anticipated for my first day, but I was able to tough through some of it. Not too horrible for my first leg day, next time I know what to prepare for.

I jogged on the Treadmill @ 4mph for 10 min (sadly barefoot killing the bottoms of my feet *wiggles toes* ) Supposedly this is supposed to get your heart rate up and help your reps count more.

I did Ab Crunches 2 Sets of 10 @ 130lbs (but it felt more like I was working my arms) so I took it down to 110lbs for now and did 3 Sets of 10.

Then I did Squats. I was a little unsure of my form but I can feel it now. My ass is THROBBING lol. Until I have someone approve my form I did 4 Sets of 8 @ 135lbs.

I drank one serving of creatine and one serving of protien (~30g).

Any comments or suggestions?
  #13   Add to joslhank's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 10th, 2011, 11:33 PM

pix

For anyone keeping track. Here are a few pictures of me before working out at all.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/...e/DSCF0315.jpg
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/...701_194108.jpg
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/...427_032616.jpg
  #14   Add to joslhank's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 12th, 2011, 12:44 PM

Sups

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cs/monstermilk.html

Anyone give me a personal review or opinions?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options