The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Muscle & Mind
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Muscle & Mind Motivation, Inspiration and The Mind. What drives you?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 2.20 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to hypnotik's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Helping you get bigger

hypnotik is on a distinguished road
Musculinity

Some men (gay or straight) need to pack on some muscle to access and engage their masculinity. I call that musculinity.
  #2   Add to Frankly's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2011, 03:16 PM

Frankly is on a distinguished road
you have any hypnosis tips to help us access this musculinity?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to hypnotik's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Helping you get bigger

Frankly,

There are a lot of ways to answer your question. Real hypnosis, as opposed to fetish hypnosis, is about interacting with the unconscious aspects of ourselves in order to allow new ways of being to be tested out and adopted.

When talking to people about packing on muscle, I suggest that there are two pathways a man needs to follow: the behavioral pathway (lifting, eating clean, etc.) and the psychological/emotional pathway (being strong enough to be self-discipline, deal with the heightened attention from others, and most importantly taking charge of one's life.) You can't successfully build that body and maintain it without both processes.

Some guys just naturally do both, it seems to be in their genes and family background. Some men follow the behavior path but avoid the psychological/emotional one. These guys can often end up building the muscle for interesting reasons: to get the right partner, to hang out with the right guys, to be seen by others in a certain way - reasons that are less about their own development and more about the social benefits of muscle.

My first suggestion to anyone: What would it be like if you were bodybuilding just for your own self-improvement? Who would you be? Who would gaining that body allow you to become?

And then we could talk about the link between muscle and masculinity. In truth, in reality, there isn't one. There are plenty of very masculine guys who never set foot in the gym. But for those of us who come to this Forum, that link is very present in our minds and hearts. It's as if we bought into the idea that we were less than masculine from a very early age. Personally, being in my mid-50's, I remember the messages about homosexuality that were prevalent when I was a kid: perverted, weak, not a man.

So working out and getting bigger can be a powerful doorway into something we all innately have, but do not let ourselves experience or live from.

My next suggestion: Get your butt off the couch, turn off the computer, and get into the gym. While you are there, learn to enjoy the experience of physical exertion. Trust me, it can feel great and have many benefits.

But you asked for hypnosis tips. First off, work with someone who actually has enough skill to read and understand your unconscious communications (as opposed to listening to tapes or listening to someone read a script.) Second, build a strong goal state: know what you want to look like, feel why you want to be that way, metnally rehearse the behaviors that will get you there. Build intermediate goals: who do you want to be a years from now. Six months from now. What do you need to do in the next week to get you there.

Okay, enough from me. But the process of bulding muscle will take you to musculinity if approached correctly.
  #4   Add to hypnotik's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Helping you get bigger

Frankly,

There are a lot of ways to answer your question. Real hypnosis, as opposed to fetish hypnosis, is about interacting with the unconscious aspects of ourselves in order to allow new ways of being to be tested out and adopted.

When talking to people about packing on muscle, I suggest that there are two pathways a man needs to follow: the behavioral pathway (lifting, eating clean, etc.) and the psychological/emotional pathway (being strong enough to be self-discipline, deal with the heightened attention from others, and most importantly taking charge of one's life.) You can't successfully build that body and maintain it without both processes.

Some guys just naturally do both, it seems to be in their genes and family background. Some men follow the behavior path but avoid the psychological/emotional one. These guys can often end up building the muscle for interesting reasons: to get the right partner, to hang out with the right guys, to be seen by others in a certain way - reasons that are less about their own development and more about the social benefits of muscle.

My first suggestion to anyone: What would it be like if you were bodybuilding just for your own self-improvement? Who would you be? Who would gaining that body allow you to become?

And then we could talk about the link between muscle and masculinity. In truth, in reality, there isn't one. There are plenty of very masculine guys who never set foot in the gym. But for those of us who come to this Forum, that link is very present in our minds and hearts. It's as if we bought into the idea that we were less than masculine from a very early age. Personally, being in my mid-50's, I remember the messages about homosexuality that were prevalent when I was a kid: perverted, weak, not a man.

So working out and getting bigger can be a powerful doorway into something we all innately have, but do not let ourselves experience or live from.

My next suggestion: Get your butt off the couch, turn off the computer, and get into the gym. While you are there, learn to enjoy the experience of physical exertion. Trust me, it can feel great and have many benefits.

But you asked for hypnosis tips. First off, work with someone who actually has enough skill to read and understand your unconscious communications (as opposed to listening to tapes or listening to someone read a script.) Second, build a strong goal state: know what you want to look like, feel why you want to be that way, metnally rehearse the behaviors that will get you there. Build intermediate goals: who do you want to be a years from now. Six months from now. What do you need to do in the next week to get you there.

Okay, enough from me. But the process of building muscle will take you to musculinity if approached correctly.
  #5   Add to Ayakitayama1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2012, 11:50 AM

Ayakitayama1 is on a distinguished road
Very interesting post, from my personnal experience i really needed to pack on a lot of muscle to express my masculinity...
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options