General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Diablo11d's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 16th, 2005, 02:32 PM
the midwest hurricane

Diablo11d is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Diablo11d
disappearing?

what happened to the muscle pics section? did it disappear or something?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 16th, 2005, 03:28 PM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Flexodus has temporarily taken down the link.
  #3   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 16th, 2005, 09:49 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Yeah, I think that we need to keep the size down when we post pics. Something I've been saying for a while, but nobody ever listens to Brent until something happens... blah... blah... blah...
  #4   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 17th, 2005, 03:46 AM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
Well it would be good although I don't know the technical feasibility of having some kind of resizing programme to shrink pics that people post to a reasonable size.
  #5   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 17th, 2005, 07:44 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
I meant that we should watch the size of pics before we post them. The responciblilty would be on the poster, not the software.
  #6   Add to Aikuchi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 17th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Always a fan.

Aikuchi is on a distinguished road
i try to keep all myu pic posts to the safe limit of 72 dpi for web friendly resolution., Aymore is too large and any less if usually lbur/unclear. 72 is the web standard i believe. However, it is very easy to upload larger than that if we just link upload from a computer folder/file.

It is however quite tedious but worth it in the end to have it arragned for that size. The dimensions dont really matter as much, but even a cap on that would help I s'pose. I dont think every has basic graphic editing software either do they?

But i'm rambling now :/ ...

Yinn
  #7   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 17th, 2005, 05:49 PM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
Since I'm not an expert on the way the forum database operates, this suggestion may be complete crap.

One thing that might reduce the size is to post pics and files using original threads rather than simply posting replies to existing ones. After all, if there are a dozen+ pages of pics being ignored simply to find the latest comment/post doesn't that increase the transfer of unnecessary information leading to bandwidth issues?

I'll grant you that this is a great way to stay on top of a preferred contributor's thread. If it's running the risk of losing a favored section of the board, however, I'd rather work with the moderator to facilitate a solution that will keep the board viable.

Once again, this is not an attack or an accusation; I'm just trying to figure out why this situation has come up at this particular time. If there is anyone with more experience in these areas that could confirm or refute my ideas please feel free to do so.

Last edited by RadRx; June 17th, 2005 at 05:54 PM.
  #8   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 17th, 2005, 05:59 PM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
A lot of bandwidth can be saved if the Visible Post Element selections under Options were turned off, especially "Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)".

Instead of seeing and unnecessarily re-downloading the pics everytime a page/thread is revisited, you'll only see image links and just have to keep track of the pics you haven't seen yet. It's a little more effort, but one worth doing, IMO.
  #9   Add to Ogun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 17th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Flaming Dreamer

Ogun is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ogun Send a message via Skype™ to Ogun
I'm npot sure i like that last idea....

ON ething iDID notice was that somepeole were posing HUGE pictures that couldn't even fit on one screen, even in 1048 size. That made no sense.
  #10   Add to deetrakt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 18th, 2005, 06:58 AM

deetrakt is on a distinguished road
Pictures and Images-Suggestions

As one of the "enthusiastic posters" who undoubtedly contributed to the bandwidth overage problem, I'd like to make a few points and offer a few ideas:

- Had anyone communicated to the group that there was a problem, or might be a problem, I would have been happy to curtail posting frequency, image size, etc. The first sign of a problem was the disappearance of P&I.

- Whatever else might be done, wouldn't it be possible to prune old, inactive threads and/or archive them like stories?

- Whatever is decided by the forum owner, there should probably be a section specifically for original artists and morphers who display their work on the Forum. Posting photos of muscular men might go by the wayside, but I see no reason to punish the brave, talented souls (O'melissokomos, Yinn, etc., etc.) who share their own work.

- I hear what may be a tone of impatience and frustration from some commentators who don't seem to frequent or value P&I. All I can say is that within the base of 5000+ members there are probably many different subgroups, some of whom particularly value the advice- and information-oriented sections, some the fantasy-oriented. There are those who find the byplay on other topics as tiresome as others do this one.

My 2 cents.

David
  #11   Add to deetrakt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 18th, 2005, 08:07 AM

deetrakt is on a distinguished road
More Info, In Case It's Useful

Only the threads on pages 1-8 of Photos&Images have been active this year. That means the threads on pages 10-18, the majority, have not had a single post in 2005!
  #12   Add to toughluck's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 21st, 2005, 08:24 PM

toughluck
I miss that part of the board too, but I'll be patient! Good luck.
  #13   Add to LG2005's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 27th, 2005, 05:50 AM

LG2005 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikuchi
i try to keep all myu pic posts to the safe limit of 72 dpi for web friendly resolution., Aymore is too large and any less if usually lbur/unclear. 72 is the web standard i believe. However, it is very easy to upload larger than that if we just link upload from a computer folder/file.

It is however quite tedious but worth it in the end to have it arragned for that size. The dimensions dont really matter as much, but even a cap on that would help I s'pose. I dont think every has basic graphic editing software either do they?

But i'm rambling now :/ ...

Hmmm....

Yes, 72dpi is a standard but it has nothing to do with images posted on screens.

Yes, dimensions DO matter, totally! An image 400x300 pixels is 400x300 pixels period! Dots per inch (dpi) has nothing to do with it. 72 dpi is just a measure used to determine the resolution of an image scanned from or printed to paper.

Any image intended for the screen should be measured by its pixel dimensions. Most web forums ask that the largest dimension of an image be kept under 600 pixels.

If one doesn't know how to specify and modify image sizes one shouldn't be posting images.

To be a little more clear it might be said that if you are scanning an image to be sent to a screen, scan at 72 dpi . The image will be APPROXIMATELY the same physical dimension as the original image (depending on the size & resolution of the screen). If you're going to someday print that image you should scan it with about 200 dpi. Once an image has been scanned there are any number of simple image editing & resizing programs available and some of them are included with your operating system. (windows picture editor, paint, etc.)

Granted there is actually quite a bit of science involved in resizing images to retain the best possible quality but the programs are pretty straightforward in operation.

There are a lot of "if this, then that" situations. If you have questions, just ask. I'm unemployed with time on my hands and often just itching to teach somebody something.

Summary: post images no bigger than approximately 500x500 pixels.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options