The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old December 19th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Chaos7Theory

Lightbulb Muscle Journal

When I was younger, in my teen years specifically, I had the fastest metabolism out of anyone. I'm also a major fan of food... so before it would always go through pretty quickly. However, now that I'm 19 years of age, my metabolism as either drastically slowed down, or my eating habits have increased; I've found myself going from ~120 pounds, 5'6" to today, where I'm 156 pounds, 5'7". I'm nearing the end of a healthy BMI, and most of weight is in my gut as fat. I have no muscle whatsoever, I can probably hardly lift 20 or so pounds...

So I've finally decided today that I need to put a foot done. However, I don't really know anything about muscle training, except for some obvious facts that about consistent & enough sleep, eating habits, and eating healthier (though not what specifically)... I basically know nothing about specific regimens in exercise. I don't really have money for weights, let alone working out at the gym. For now, the most I have is my Wii Fit (pathetic, I know, right? T_T)...! Regardless, better to do something rather than nothing, so I've started my muscle journal.

So I'm not sure whether to post my photos daily or weekly, and if anyone has any further advice, I'd greatly appreciate it!

(I'm a dork/geek, I know, x-x. And I'm not showing my face for the sake of anonymity.)
12-19-11 Front
12-19-11 Side
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Report Post  
Old December 19th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Chaos7Theory

I learned that supposedly I may get a set of weights for Christmas, which is better than nothing. I figure I'll be working out/exercising every morning and night except for Sunday and Saturday to allow for resting. If I update weekly, I'll probably post at 10 PM (Arizona time) every Sunday, or if daily it'll be the same time.
  #3   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 19th, 2011, 11:58 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,032 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
Chaos, there was a guy like you a few years ago that was a tremendous artist and one day decided to take up the practice that he drew day in and day out. He was heavy into Dragonball Z and became obsessed with looking like the characters on the show.

In case you want to check him out, he is Durrah1986 on YouTube. The guy is an unreal success story. He literally changed his body in a matter of months through hard work, dedication, and a drive to become the very thing that he drew and was interested in.
  #4   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 20th, 2011, 12:03 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos7Theory View Post
I learned that supposedly I may get a set of weights for Christmas, which is better than nothing. I figure I'll be working out/exercising every morning and night except for Sunday and Saturday to allow for resting. If I update weekly, I'll probably post at 10 PM (Arizona time) every Sunday, or if daily it'll be the same time.
Been there (except that I've never had fast metabolism). Search and learn about Mark Ripptoe's "Starting Strength". it is for beginners, and is a good program with solid reasoning , since it coaches you to do the basic strength movements.
oh, and there's no need to train 2xday ! make your morning workout a fast walking session instead, if you want fastest results.
  #5   Report Post  
Old December 20th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Chaos7Theory

Thanks for the head's up, Raven79! I checked his account out, and it is really impress. I don't really expect myself to go to that level, but who knows? It does help give a sense of motivation and drive.

Also thank you for the advice, Inm, that's something I've needed to look into by now.

Thanks for the encouragement, I guess things like these does time and patience, which has never been my strong suit... ^^'
  #6   Report Post  
Old December 21st, 2011, 04:22 PM
Chaos7Theory

I found a pair of 10 pound dumbbells that I can at least use for now. I'm not sure if a weight bar is entirely necessary yet, such as which muscles dumbbells benefit as opposed to the bar.
  #7   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Chaos7Theory

12-28-11 Update

I suppose this is where I excuse myself for not having updated last Sunday, but I'm not going to really bother to try, since I don't really have any excuses. I've still been trying to workout off-and-on, to be more and more consistent. I also did a major workout today from a sudden fire and motivation.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...28-11Front.jpg
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...-28-11Side.jpg
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...28-11Chest.jpg
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...11RightArm.jpg
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...-11LeftArm.jpg
  #8   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Chaos7Theory

Apparently I can't edit my posts after I post them... I messed up the links and I have no way to fix them. Agh!
  #9   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2011, 06:50 PM
Chaos7Theory

So I've signed up for a Strength Training class, which will allow me access to the fitness center and being properly taught weight trianing as well as other strength training methods! I'm already excited for this, and it'll be on Mondays and Wednesdays at 4:15 PM to 5:10 PM, starting January 30th.

And since it's New Years Eve, I figure it will be appropriate to have a New Years resolution. I may be having too expectations, but I aim to at least be 200 pounds by the end of next year.
  #10   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2011, 07:23 PM
Chaos7Theory

After talking with some friends on it, they suggested I instead switch to weight training if I wished to gain more muscle bulk. I did so, and instead the times are Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3:30 PM to 4:25 PM starting January 31st.
  #11   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Chaos7Theory

So I've been at it for three weeks now in my class, and I figure it'd be a good idea to update on it.

~160 pounds

2-9-12 Front
2-9-12 Side
2-9-12 Chest
2-9-12 Right Arm
2-9-12 Left Arm
  #12   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:41 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos7Theory View Post
So I've been at it for three weeks now in my class, and I figure it'd be a good idea to update on it.

~160 pounds

2-9-12 Front
2-9-12 Side
2-9-12 Chest
2-9-12 Right Arm
2-9-12 Left Arm
You're making some progress. Slow and steady...don't sacrifice good form on your lifts to try to handle too much weight. Cheers.
  #13   Report Post  
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Chaos7Theory

I figured I should do another update! Well, I sprained my "second dorsal interosseous", or aka. my third/middle foot bone, on my right foot from jumping exercises a week ago. That hasn't really stopped me from my workout exercises, but my chiropractor suggests not running or jumping for at least two weeks. As said, I still aim to still workout at least, since it doesn't inhibit my upper body exercises. It really hurts to walk, but I'll make it okay, ^^;.

I'm still 5'7", and roughly 161 pounds.

2-28-12 Front
2-28-12 Side
2-28-12 Chest
2-28-12 Right Arm
2-28-12 Left Arm
  #14   Report Post  
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Chaos7Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigwoof View Post
You're making some progress. Slow and steady...don't sacrifice good form on your lifts to try to handle too much weight. Cheers.
Thanks for the advice. Not like I can lift too much weight anyways as is, but I try to focus as much as I can on form and take any advice I can from the trainer and his assistant, who's actually aiming to be a bodybuilder himself. I'll try to pace myself as much as I can.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options