The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to musclemaxx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2012, 12:35 PM

musclemaxx is on a distinguished road
"Media Markt" ad!

Probably the best ad with a bodybuilder in it:

#2   Add to Perados's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2012, 04:01 PM

Perados is on a distinguished road
lol thats not fair... At first whole europe has to pay for the greek budget and now german companies start to produze even better advertisments for the greeks
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to greekdude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2012, 05:15 PM

greekdude is on a distinguished road

Well it happens to know this muscle guy personally and he is from Athens. A very nice and easy going guy...Oh as for the debt...Well it was our politician's fault but noone ever thought that Germany owes to Greece over 500 billion euros for the damages in World War II...And this was decided by international courts and not only several years ago...But people forget so easily...Anyway i got off topic. We got some very sexy muscle guys here and some of them are even hotter when in off season mode...
  #4   Add to RonnieRules's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 5th, 2012, 01:51 AM

RonnieRules
Send a message via Skype™ to RonnieRules
I'm fucking jealous of that guy!!!
  #5   Add to craig698's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 5th, 2012, 07:23 AM

craig698 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to craig698 Send a message via Yahoo to craig698 Send a message via Skype™ to craig698
haahh i seen this tv ad it reminds me of me when i was kid hahah
  #6   Add to AlphaCanisLupus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 5th, 2012, 11:50 AM

AlphaCanisLupus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to AlphaCanisLupus
XD Awsome ^^ The guy is realy well built. ^^
  #7   Add to Perados's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 5th, 2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekdude View Post
Well it happens to know this muscle guy personally and he is from Athens. A very nice and easy going guy...Oh as for the debt...Well it was our politician's fault but noone ever thought that Germany owes to Greece over 500 billion euros for the damages in World War II...And this was decided by international courts and not only several years ago...But people forget so easily...Anyway i got off topic. We got some very sexy muscle guys here and some of them are even hotter when in off season mode...
Lol the greeks spend every year 120% of their income, also "the greeks" think that a plus of 10% every year in income was fine...
And all you can do is to blame your gov... Or germany for something that is nearly 70 years back in time. But dont forget if you count the 500 billion (by the way its a totaly wrong number) all the money (subventions) greece got in the past dekades for EU. So its not always "the others" some times you have to blame yourself.

But no it wasnt the failer of the greece people. At the end you still can blame goldman sachs, cause they helped you by cheating and get into the eurozone
  #8   Add to mutador's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 5th, 2012, 01:00 PM

mutador
Greekdude could you translate what the ad says? I just don't understand why the guy would rub against the muscle guy. I understand why I WOULD do that, but not why that guy does that, hehe.

Sorry for the off-topic, but there is part of the greek debt that comes from that country being forced to buy weaponry from Germany and France. I mean forced in a way because to protect themselves from their closest enemy, Turkey, they shouldn't really need to buy weapons, germans must just help them because they're supposed to be part of the EU...
  #9   Add to B.A's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 5th, 2012, 03:28 PM

B.A is on a distinguished road
Why are people turning this into an offtopic political issue if they clearly have no knowledge on the matter at all?

And just to make sure that people won't get a warped sense of reality, since news seems to go through some kind of mixer before it reaches the other side of the ocean; Turkey and Greece used to be enemies a couple of decades ago. And now, while the political ties aren't the best at the moment, they're definitely not enemies either. So having a strong military just for Turkey's sake is complete bull. Where's the logic in trying to enter the EU and still be enemies with a member of it?
And the current crisis in Greece is really multifactorial and is not just one institution's fault. But let's not go into that since this has gone too much off topic already.

As for the ad; I don't know Greek either, but Media Markt usually has some form of a greedy guy doing random stuff to save some money in their ads.

So I'm guessing the skinny guy was too cheap to buy sunlotion and sees the big guy using an excessive amount of it. And to save some money he walks over to him, acting like he knows him, and rubs himself all over him to get some free second hand sun lotion.
Maybe this sight will be seen more often on the beaches with the current crisis. I'm sure some people won't mind. :P
  #10   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 5th, 2012, 07:59 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,032 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
BA, it is because Greece is the center of European economic concerns right now. People get emotional because the entire continent is connected by currency and trade. It is an unfortunate circumstance of international business. I completely understand what he is dealing with because the US has a very similar problem with Mexico and Canada.

I don't want this to escalate into a war of words though because this thread was supposed to be for our personal satisfaction, not to create more conflict.
  #11   Add to mutador's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 6th, 2012, 03:39 PM

mutador
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A View Post
Why are people turning this into an offtopic political issue if they clearly have no knowledge on the matter at all?

And just to make sure that people won't get a warped sense of reality, since news seems to go through some kind of mixer before it reaches the other side of the ocean; Turkey and Greece used to be enemies a couple of decades ago. And now, while the political ties aren't the best at the moment, they're definitely not enemies either. So having a strong military just for Turkey's sake is complete bull. Where's the logic in trying to enter the EU and still be enemies with a member of it?
And the current crisis in Greece is really multifactorial and is not just one institution's fault. But let's not go into that since this has gone too much off topic already.

As for the ad; I don't know Greek either, but Media Markt usually has some form of a greedy guy doing random stuff to save some money in their ads.

So I'm guessing the skinny guy was too cheap to buy sunlotion and sees the big guy using an excessive amount of it. And to save some money he walks over to him, acting like he knows him, and rubs himself all over him to get some free second hand sun lotion.
Maybe this sight will be seen more often on the beaches with the current crisis. I'm sure some people won't mind. :P
If you don't want this to go off-topic, why do you continue the discussion?
Of course crisis are multi-factorial, I just wanted to show one example of one of those factors. I thought it was unfair to put all the blame on the greek population for their crisis. Because my country has also had a huge crisis 10 years ago and there were a lot of jerks blaming it all on us. I feel simpathy for the greek people that are being forced to cut on social benefits.
Military spending has been a factor in the greek's crisis and Greece does spend a lot more than it should on defense.
And you don't know greek but you know what the ad is about, and the news get "mixed" anywhere else, so if I don't live in Europe I can't have an opinion. Awesome.
That's a pretty arrogant reply from you.
  #12   Add to greekdude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 7th, 2012, 02:21 PM

ending a subject

To give an end to all the off-topic discussion.
1st: After 1974 we lived the life Americans, Germans and British people forced us to live with their products and their policies...I mean even if you go to Aithiopia and offer to someone there a Porsche Cayenne he will accept it gladly but after some time he will realise that there is no chance he can keep it for a long time...This is what happened in Greece too with some very clever tricks from the biggest european countries...Whoever is able to simply understand that then his IQ is way over 50...

2nd: Two big families of politicians run this country since 1974 and are in great coordinance with the United States and Germany's desires...These people did most of the major damage and there is a very small part to blame on the simple greek people...Once upon a time a politician in Great Britain stole from the country 10.000 pounds and he was taken to prison...Here, even the most unimportant politician steals millions of euros from the country and enjoys spending them on a yacht located outside of Mykonos...

Last but not least...: Even after 70 or 170 or 1170 years a debt is always a debt and Germany will owe our country more than 500 billion euros always...Should i not mention the killings...And dear Perados if i follow your line of reasoning then most of our debt was made in 1967 and 1981...Ah it is such an old debt over 40 years now and so therefore no need to pay for it...Hooray we are free...!!!

Thank you for your understanding

PS : Yes B.A. your explanation of the advertisement is totally correct
  #13   Add to Perados's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 7th, 2012, 03:55 PM

oh come on do you realy believe this shit?

I sayd these damages are 70 years away, cause of this long period its impossible to say that your problems now are cause of this... So your argument that your debts are mainly out of the 1970's dosnt count. Also your country made these debts always for 3 - 5 years and then they had to make new debts to pay the "old debts" back. So the latest time you renew your debts for the 70's are just a few years back... So there is another lack in your argument.

Yes i know about the problems in your political system and your two families that run the country. Its a real big problem, cause they support their loyal voters with state jobs and higher payment. So yes they are a part of your problem... BUT NOT ONLY...
The simplest question would be, why dont YOU - the greek people - doesnt change the political system? Or run a new party?

Also again... The greeks are importing 20% of their gdp... Thats not cause we force you, but you want to.
It doesnt matter if you buy a porsche or a fiat or renault... No matter what kind of car, you have to import every kind of car.

And thats your problem. Your country doesnt owns a real high technology industry. That creates two problem...

First, cause of the lack in your economy you cant realy get high payd jobs

Second, you have to import nearly everything you wanna consume...

So you - the people of greece - have to desite now...
Do you wanna stay in the ez, then you have to akzept cuts in your payments of about 25% and reforms

Or you have to leave, then the devalue of the new drachme would do the cuts for you...

But no matter what desition you will do. The whole euro zone has to support greece, that you will make this mass as good as possible.
  #14   Add to greekdude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 8th, 2012, 03:51 PM

ending a subject

I will say only this...Greece had great automobile heavy industry and your beloved European countries forced her to close it once and for all with the Nissan factory in Volos in 1994 and with the Pony factory in 1987.Anyway Greek people know many ways out of all this mess but your beloved European countries and the United States will never let us use them and guide our fake politicians to that decision...Greece has so much gold,uranium,oil and gas under its soil that could easily supply the whole of Europe for centuries...But this would not be good for our beloved US or Germany or Britain because then Greece would become economically very strong and not only(they want to control all of Greece's under soil wealth to their interest)...This is why we are constantly in conflict with Turkey about the Aegean sea and Cyprus...and this conflict is subleaded by the US and your beloved European countries...The whole colapse of the Greek economy is a very well planned and written plot by all of the countries i have mentioned...and trust me...there are some great evidence about my sayings and i am not the one to tell that to you...but some of the biggest members of IMF and some other nice secret services of foreign countries...So let's end this discussion here and please dear foreigners put some brain into your thoughts and head because once you are out of a country you really do not know what is really happening inside...Greeks tried many times to change the whole political scenery in Greece...But there are some other major and foreign forces that will always play the game their way...And you know very well what i mean. This is my last answer to this off topic subject. I wish everyone good health and wealth but bare always in mind that things sometimes are not exactly as they appear on the news...Good night and forgive me for continuing this discussion.

PS WE NEVER FORGET THE KILLINGS AND DEBT OF GERMANY TO GREECE...BUT NEVER
  #15   Add to Perados's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 8th, 2012, 06:00 PM

your last words show what spirits child you are... So full of stupid hate and stereotype. Yes we shouldnt forget... But how you interpretate it now is the same way it was interpretated to start the war you are talking about...

So forget your hating or you will make the same mistakes again.
Also is this thinking the real reason for your trubble with turkey and not the usa or eu... And why should we stop you from developing??? Thats bullshit... We push billions in your country to push you by subventions (thats money you dont have to pay back - a present.

So the real politic shows you are wrong, with pushing you down... And what would be the benefit for germany to do so? Germany is an exporter... For this they need people who can buy their goods

And who forced the companies to close the faktories? No one... But the workers themself. The wanted to high payments and extras. It stoped to pay off to produce in greece.
  #16   Add to greekdude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2012, 05:18 AM

For another time you could not be more wrong.My last words were written like this in order to emphasize that no debt is erased. The Greek Prime Minister doubled the salaries during the mid 80s so your reasoning of greek people wanting high payment is so incorrect...I will not say anything more...Just try to study your lesson better and next time you will say something about Greece do your homework better because arguments like bullshit show how small truth there is in your sayings. I explained very well why foreign countries will always want to interfere in our economy. End of subject
  #17   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2012, 05:27 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Getting back to the ad...

The ad is supposed to show that even a really money conscious shopper like the tousel haired guy at the beach who won't spend money on suntan lotion, can get a good price at the Media Markt.

Rubbing up against another guy to get suntan lotion, particularly when the guy is muscular and has no idea what the other guy is doing, is (supposed to be ) funny and a bit racy.

The bodybuilder has a great body, btw!

Mdlftr
  #18   Add to RonnieRules's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2012, 08:58 AM

RonnieRules
Send a message via Skype™ to RonnieRules
As a German I could tell my very own version of the European/Greek debt crisis - but I won't. It's just not the place.
  #19   Add to Perados's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2012, 01:26 PM

ronnyrules du bist hier nicht der einzige deutsche

And greekdude... For the last for years my worklife and homework were nearly only about the finance and euro crisis. So believe me, for the economical reasons i know real well why are you in this mess.

But its not only about your country... Also britain and the usa are in a nearly similar problem. But their plus is they have a own currencie...

Greece and portugal should had never joined the euro. Thats the main mistake greece ever did... With a drachme that had a way lower value then the euro, no one would had offered you so mutch debts.
Just compare the intrest greece had to pay for debts befor and after they joined the ecu (euro currency union)... It went down from over 20% to 7%... And for this you could lend more money as it was good for you.

Also it doesnt care that your gov raised in the 80's your salaries... Cause back then you owned your own currency.
Simple explained... If you rise your salaries to high in a country, your currency will devalue compared to other currencies. Cause of this effekt it doesnt care for foreighn economies...

But now you joined the euro.
This has to effekts for greece.
First... As soon as you rise your salaries stronger then the mainpart of the eurozone, you will become to expensive compared to them... Cause of this the 1980's doesnt care anymore, only the time you stayd in the eurozone...

Second... The greek economy is just 3% of the whole ez economy. Cause of this greece isnt big enough to influence the value of the euro just by raising their salaries (like they did with the drachme)... Cause of this a strong rise in salaries would make greece less competitiv to the rest of the world...

In germany the salaries grew in the last 10 years just by 3% (without inflation)
In greece by 25% in the last 10 years...

You became to incompetitiv
  #20   Add to greekdude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2012, 02:03 PM

ending a subject

Most of what you say is correct but some are so wrong...There is no 25% raise in salaries from 2002 to 2012...Anyway i don't want to discuss it any more because there are many aspects of this subject that you would never take into perspective.
Good night
  #21   Add to Perados's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2012, 02:16 PM

maybe you didnt earn so mutch more... But in total your country did. But even at 10% you would have lost competivity compared to germany...
And the other problem is still that you are importing 20% of your gdp... To finance this you have to make debts. So the austerity of your gov to stop the state debts isnt enough, as long as you dont stop importing or to export more... And for bouth you have to become less expensive

And believe me it is 25% from 2002 - 2012 (you are till the late 1990's in the ecu / even if you joined the euro in 2004). And 25% in 10 years isnt so mutch. The inflation about the last ten years was about 2%. That means a rise of 4% a year in salary would get 25% in 10 years easely...
  #22   Add to greekdude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2012, 02:20 PM

ending a subject

You still have a lot to learn about this country...If you ever pass by northern Greece we will drink a coffee and show you things you never imagined...Good night
  #23   Add to Perados's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2012, 02:35 PM

north greece? I spend a the summer in 2008 there with a beautyfull older lady (the aunt of my best friend). We helped his father to move back home ( 30 km from pella). I also met his whole family in thesaloniki...
I love this country and the people. I was astonished that you teache german at shool...

But the next time im there i will call you. Was one of the best time of my live
  #24   Add to Aardvark2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Growing and Writing

Aardvark2 is on a distinguished road
LOL, Mdlftr, kudos for trying
  #25   Add to Perados's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:16 PM

not a try...
You can believe it or leave it
  #26   Add to Aardvark2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Growing and Writing

Aardvark2 is on a distinguished road
Hm? I was addressing Mdlftr's attempt to get this thread back on topic
  #27   Add to Perados's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:53 PM

sorry...

Was wondering what that short tack should mean
  #28   Add to deano's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2012, 02:51 PM

deano is on a distinguished road
Getting back to the ad, again...

I wonder how many takes were required to shoot that ad.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options