The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to LittleArm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2005, 09:12 PM

LittleArm
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleArm
30 Days

The guy who made the movie "Supersize Me" has a new show where he puts people through life-changing experiences for 30 days. In the "Anti Aging" episode, a former high school athlete, now a flabby couch potato, tries to get in shape. He takes over 40 pills a day and gets injections of testosterone and human growth hormone. He quickly starts having liver problems and emotional mood-swings and quits before the full 30 days are up. They don't do a full before-and-after comparison, which would have been interesting to see.

He did have big Bob Cicherillo as a personal trainer for the month though...

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2005, 10:26 PM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
I saw that! It was somewhat interesting, but the wife got on my nerves... she was fairly negative the entire way. While I understand her concern for his health and well being, there were just some elements where she jumped overboard (like the sperm donation... you would have thought her world had ended when, after he started his anti-aging treatement, they found out his sperm count had dropped significantly)

If I had to classify her, I would say that she's the type of person the Gov't just loves when it comes to propoganda/control. Give her a small scare and she's easily swayed by any information that she receives. For example: I've read over and over and over again by the "general masses" that steroids will increase aggressive tendencies in individuals and could create depression. However, if you look at the few studies that have been completed, the cases of depression/rage were more likely tied to a predisposition for such conditions. The only thing the gear may have done was increase those tendancies. I'd almost go on to say that he had outburst because he expected to have them... and it shouldn't have been hard for him, considering the ammount of stress his wife was adding to his daily life.

Anywho... as far as the actual "muscle" content... The BB trainer was pretty freaky. I esp. liked the part where his wife asks the trainer what he thought of the supplementation her husband was taking. I half expected him to say something like "Well throw a little insulin in there and up the test to 250mg/week and see how that feels" ... hehe... He did loose a noticable amount of fat and probably gained some muscle. If nothing else, it was an interesting diversion for a few moments out of my Sunday night.

Scott
  #3   Add to muscle_mastah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2005, 03:24 PM

muscle_mastah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscle_mastah
i'm sure this made much better TV having him display emotional rages. However, if he wasn't even taking 250mg/week, he'd be hard pressed to see any sides at all. That's barely replacement level. Did they happen to detail out the whole protocol?

All that being said, seeing Bob as the trainer every week would have been worth the hour.
  #4   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2005, 07:55 AM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
I hate to say this but one must assume that these complaints with the program seem to stem more from defensiveness than the actual flaws of the reporting. I believe the subject started experiencing liver failure but no one mentions that. While it seems a little quick for it to happen to him I have heard that many other famous bodybuilders have also died early from organ problems that many relate to steroids.

It would have been nice for them to have jettisoned the entire steroid approach and go with some less controversial supplements but then they wouldn't have had a show. Let's face it: if everything had gone just hunky dory either way we sthenolagnics would have been the only ones interested!

That said, I'm excited for tonight's episode: A straight guy has to spend 30 days in the Castro! This will either be a complete disaster or the straight guy (who seems pretty homophobic) will prove not to be so straight. And since bodybuilding has become en vogue I hope we'll see lots of sweating, shirtless studs in the clubs.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options