The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to zombieburger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2005, 07:49 PM

zombieburger is on a distinguished road
Hgh?

Hey, you guys all seem really helpful (and hot in many cases). i was wondering if anyone had any info on HGH (Human Growth Hormone) from first hand experience. I can't trust what I read online anymore, one site says "its the best thing ever" and one site says "its a total scam". I'd rather hear from real people.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 1st, 2005, 07:08 AM
Muscled Chub Club

Minotaur is on a distinguished road
I use hgh replacement daily for gh deficiency. It is a very low dose, really only what my body should produce. Even getting my blood level up to normal, hgh is not a miracle. In too high doses it can cause insulin resistance which can lead to diabetes. In a word, hgh is not what it's cracked up to be. It is not the fountain of youth, nor will it reverse the graying of your hair, as some people claim.

It can also cause edema and the infamous 'roid gut' which I suspect is not that the internal organs have enlarged, but rather it is abdominal fat deposited by insulin resistance. I will bet that any of the pro bbers (Coleman, Cutler, et al) have very high levels of serum insulin and slightly elevated blood glucose. They use hgh by the boatload. I also have insulin resistance (not caused by my hgh according to my endo), and I have a roid gut, though it is shrinking with closer attention to diet and more consistent cardio.

Dorothy: You really haven't grasped the concept of this gay thing yet, have you?

Blanche: There must be homosexuals who date women.

Sophia: Yeah, they're called lesbians.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options