The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2005, 03:27 AM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
Too many no-muscle sightings

It's summer and time to visit amusement parks and festivals. Can't they make a rule to prohibit guys with no muscle whatsoever from wearing tank tops and muscle shirts? Some of those guys are really disgusting. What are they thinking?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2005, 06:09 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Muscle vs No-Muscle Tanktops

I find it quite odd that when a skinny punk (or fat bastard) wears a tank top, people think he's just trying to stay cool. When a bodybuilder wears a tank top, they say he's showing off: "He's so egotistical" or "What a showoff"

Personally, I love the insults!
  #3   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2005, 06:24 AM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
Likewise there should be a rule against white shorts or lycra leggings for those with 40+inch waists but nobody seems to care - some have asses big enough to show a drive in movie on.
  #4   Add to wbhunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2005, 08:56 AM

wbhunk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wbhunk Send a message via Yahoo to wbhunk
Well, like I always say, spandex is like a jetski.....it should come with an owner's manual, a licensing requirement, and a weight limit.
  #5   Add to bigbearny's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2005, 12:23 PM

bigbearny
Send a message via Yahoo to bigbearny
In reply to Jim.. I'm a big guy without a lot of muscle.. granted i don't fit into the "round" category of fat where my waist is bigger than my shoulders but i'm not in shape either.. by your description people like me, who happen to get overheated much faster, are supposed to suffer in the heat in full t-shirts while only the "beautiful" people get to wear tank tops and sleeveless shirts? I have news for you there are people who do happen to like the way we look! granted i think spandex or tight shorts/tops are not the way to go either.

to WBHunk.. to quote the movie Hackers "Spandex it's a privilage not a right"
  #6   Add to muscle_mastah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2005, 05:16 PM

muscle_mastah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscle_mastah
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasmsl
I find it quite odd that when a skinny punk (or fat bastard) wears a tank top, people think he's just trying to stay cool. When a bodybuilder wears a tank top, they say he's showing off: "He's so egotistical" or "What a showoff"

Personally, I love the insults!
I can hardly wait for the insults to begin!
  #7   Add to sixpacked's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2005, 06:49 PM

sixpacked
ok... on the topic of muscle sighting... here's my first post on the subject...

Yesterday, while picking up a few supplies at the grocery store for a festive family gathering on the 3rd of July, I happened on to a nicely muscled dude walking up to the service counter. I had just gotten to the check-out line and started unloading my cart when I look up & see this dude walking by... man did he have macho-ism pouring from him. While I was checking out, he was talking with a nice looking girl & they finished right when I was done.... so that I could follow him out. What timing!!!! lol Ok... first, general description... think Harley-Davidson guy. I would say that he was about 5'10" or 5'11" (or 178 to 180cm??) & about 200lbs (or 91kg). The guy was wearing jeans ( and boots of course... ) which were not too tight but just tight enough to really show off his assets. I mean... the jeans were not the baggy, rapper-hoodlum type, but were not so tight that you could read the underwear logo thru the denim. They were just loose enough to make you wonder if he WAS wearing any underwear. He was very small waisted... I would say it looked like he had a 30in waist... that tapered up to broad shoulders. He looked to have a very small bodyfat % also, so his face looked lean & chiseled without the gaunt look though. He wore a goatee which was very neatly trimmed to a thin line that really accentuated his facial bone structure (not that I looked that closely lol). Ok... on to the good part.... with his jeans... he was wearing a leather sleeveless Harley shirt (if you could call it that) or maybe vest would be more appropriate. His arms & shoulders really stood out & grabbed your attention ( as if the rest of him didn't lol). He was tanned to the point where he either worked outdoors or was an avid outdoors man who went shirtless often. Ok... I would say that his arms would have been about 18" of nicely shaped muscle. They weren't bulky or bulging like a massive bodybuilder, but very muscular & toned like a gymnasts or a really built fitness model. They just looked like they had power in them and were not to be messed with unless he wished it. He really had wide shoulders or atleast the allusion of them from his small waist. He carried himself with confidence... I mean... his walk was such a swagger that I really did have to laugh to myself (quietly of course). This guy was 'something' and he knew it!!! I would say that his age was about 35 and he was in excellent condition. All-in-all .... a really nice looking guy... but I would definitely have to say that his charisma just screamed... cocky....macho... player. Definitely didn't look the intellectual type (ok... I know that was stereotyping). Also, I think I caught him checking himself out in the glass doors as he was walking out. lolol
A nice sighting ... but not someone I would strike up a conversation with... just didn't give off an open friendly vibe.
J
  #8   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2005, 11:11 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim USA
Some of those guys are really disgusting. What are they thinking?
Um, maybe that they are human too? Maybe they are thinking that it's a free country, and that they can wear something cool in the heat too?

I think it's great that people of any shape or size can feel confident to wear what they want. I think you need to work on attitude, and the rest will follow. What really gets me (and remember that I live & work in Las Vegas) is when people wear stupid tee-shirts on vacation. I always wonder if they will show their vacation pics to their trashy friends when they notice that all their vacation photos have them wearing a shirt that says something like, "Beer, it's not just for breakfast anymore!"
  #9   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2005, 06:49 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
LMFAO...

I actually saw an "I'm with stupid <----" t-shirt yesterday when I was Downtown. I thought they stopped making those in the 80's?
  #10   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2005, 08:47 AM

newmus is on a distinguished road
at least i'm not alone, yeasterday at universal studios, not one guy who caught my eye was really much to speak of.
  #11   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2005, 09:13 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
T shirt logos

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
What really gets me (and remember that I live & work in Las Vegas) is when people wear stupid tee-shirts on vacation. I always wonder if they will show their vacation pics to their trashy friends when they notice that all their vacation photos have them wearing a shirt that says something like, "Beer, it's not just for breakfast anymore!"
Agree with that!

I took a trip to Europe several years ago. Before I went, I asked several well-traveled friends what to see, and, conversely, what to avoid. To a person, they ALL said to NOT wear T-Shirts!! Americans have an unfortunate, and [unfortunately] well-deserved reputation for dressing like uncouth slobs when they travel. My friends all told me to wear cotton shirts with a collar, especially when viewing "serious" sights like the Vatican in Rome or the Louvre in Paris. They said that you want to 'be taken for an Australian or a Canadian, rather than an American. The service people will treat you better."

Unfortunately, they were completely accurate!

As I came out of the Vatican, I saw an American family: Mom, Dad, and two kids. All four of them could've used fewer trips through the McDonald's drive thru, and Dad was wearing a dark purple T-Shirt that said, {this is outside the Vatican, now}
"I'm only here for the Beer!"

[--So WHY did you bother leaving the hotel?!]
  #12   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2005, 08:27 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Travelling in Europe...

...I suddenly realised how vulgar a T-shirt with an American flag could seem.Countries with wildly different cultures&languages are as close together as states here!(duh!)It would be like somebody from Philadelphia showing up in New Jersey with a t-shirt that said"Pennsylvanians Rule!"
  #13   Add to wbhunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2005, 07:04 AM

wbhunk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wbhunk Send a message via Yahoo to wbhunk
In general, I've found Europeans to be pretty accepting of American dress -- but it still is a huge courtesy (and will indeed get you better service) to wear a nice shirt with a collar AND -- this is the big one -- slacks or khakis. Shorts are not something that Europeans are as culturally used to wearing as are we Americans (quite the loss, given that being able to see a nice set of legs and calves is one of my biggest turnons!).
  #14   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2005, 08:39 AM

thanks for the warning - i'll be going to greece and turkey this fall.
  #15   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2005, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
It would be like somebody from Philadelphia showing up in New Jersey with a t-shirt that said"Pennsylvanians Rule!"
I'm fine with something stating where someone is from. As a retail worker, it makes breaking the ice much easier, like when someone with a Toronto tee-shirt came in the other day, I was able to start with, "Our manager is from Toronto..." (Bad example since that isn't technicaly the US, yet..."

Although I do agree that when you are abroad it is nice to be mistaken for a Canadian, and when I lived in NZ I tried to pass as one much of the time. I never perfected how they say, "out" (it isn't really "oot") but someone from outside of North America can't tell the difference anyhow. As a side note, when I lived in NZ, my family & I could easily spot American tourists, and we did make fun of them too.
  #16   Add to Buffling's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Evolving Jock

Buffling is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Buffling
Quote:
it isn't really "oot"
It's actually about halfway between "awt" and "oat"... which, to me, seems so much more efficient than the "Standard American Accent"'s "OW-oo-t". Dipthongs, I have always said, are best left to countries being run by Replicans.

I suppose I'm going to get in trouble with glammaman for getting us off-topic, now, so...um.... getting back to the *original* thread concept, I can safely say that I have enjoyed being in Smalltown, Ontario, for the past six weeks: almost all of the men here are in very bad shape, so I make a good showing by comparison. And since they all wander around in tanktops, so can I. Nyah nyah nyah.
  #17   Add to deetrakt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2005, 05:05 PM

deetrakt is on a distinguished road
Sorry, Buphling, er, Buffling...

It's "diphthongs", believe it or not (great Scrabble word, by the way), from the Greek "di" (two) and "phthong" (sound).

Oh, yes, to get back on thread, the Greeks knew a lot about muscle sightings.
  #18   Add to CanadianGordon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2005, 05:07 PM

CanadianGordon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CanadianGordon
I guess I'm one of the few guys who gets a muscle sighting every day or so then. lol. My next door neighbour (20yrs) is hot. And loves showing it off. I gotta get a snap of him one of these days...

Remember Chase?
He's kinda built like that.
  #19   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2005, 06:07 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
kinda-sorta-back-on-topic...

..don't know about the"no shorts in Europe"concept.When I was in Amsterdam(early August)the first half-week was surprisingly cold.The men there were wearing;a light turtleneck,under a light sweater,under a light jacket.Timberlands,thick under-the-calf socks&HIKING SHORTS!It's a great look,&sensible,if you're going to be in&out in changeable weather.I can often spot Northern European tourists in NY;in,say late October,because of this(sometimes Aussies)Wish the look would catch on here...
  #20   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2005, 01:00 AM

back off topic

I'm sick of the topic police. So I'm going to say that I love the Canadian accent. I think it's very cute: a lot like west-coast American, but with a few quirks. I realize it changes a bit from area to area, but it sounds very cute to me.
  #21   Add to muscle_mastah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2005, 03:59 PM

Quote:
I'm sick of the topic police. So I'm going to say that I love the Canadian accent. I think it's very cute: a lot like west-coast American, but with a few quirks. I realize it changes a bit from area to area, but it sounds very cute to me.
I wish more hot studs would feel that way.
  #22   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2005, 12:30 AM

What way? Pissing off the topic police, or liking Canadians? I thin Canada is a lot like the US would be if it were run by sencible people...
  #23   Add to Buffling's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Evolving Jock

Buffling is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Buffling
Quote:
I think Canada is a lot like the US would be if it were run by sensible people...
Maybe, maybe not. There's a cultural shift underfoot here that is, no doubt, tied to the cloud of silliness that's been hovering over the USA for the past few years. The Conservative party in Canada would probably be in power if they didn't have a leader who is an absolute tool. While we've celebrated a couple of great victories lately (gay marriage, most notably), they have generally been narrow victories. The current minority government has turned parliament into a cartoon circus, and that's turning a lot of people off of politics altogether.

I love my country passionately, but it's not a utopia. It would be very hard for me to use "sensible" and "leadership" in the same sentence when describing our current government... but compared to the USA, I suppose it's a relative improvement.
  #24   Add to muscle_mastah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2005, 01:30 PM

Quote:
What way? Pissing off the topic police, or liking Canadians? I thin Canada is a lot like the US would be if it were run by sencible people...
mmmmm, I guess in my hastened response it may not have come across as clearly as a compliment to you and at the same time try to indicate that I lived in Canada. No matter. And since the topic police seem to be vacant anyway it seems only fitting that you insult a country. I'll not take this down to pissing contest as to whose country is better, it really will get us no where.
  #25   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2005, 12:10 AM

Maybe we should get back on topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_mastah
And since the topic police seem to be vacant anyway it seems only fitting that you insult a country. I'll not take this down to pissing contest as to whose country is better, it really will get us no where.
While I've unfortunately participated in plenty of pissing contests, and am far from perfect, I don't understand how you could possibly be insulted. I simply meant that Canada seems better run than the US. Down here many states are buying voting machines that Diebold corp. has guaranteed to give elections to the Republicans. I'm sorry if you felt insulted.

BTW, I was contacted by the topic police via PM.

What was the topic again?
  #26   Add to muscle_mastah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 10th, 2005, 07:43 PM

To satisfy the topic police, I've sent my apology via pm.

And to satisfy the topic police:

We've had one of the hottest, sunniest summers yet in my area. And I'm seeing tons of people out in muscle t's. There seems to be a lot more buff guys out there wearing them then those who are obese. However, I haven't been to amusement parks yet, so maybe I'll just avoid those places if as Jim indicated there just isn't much to see.
  #27   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 11th, 2005, 10:46 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Topic: remember this? "Too Many No-Muscle Sightings"

Brent,
Always glad to oblige.......

Here in the DC area, despite the influx of tourists, there haven't been too many sightings by yours truly. Large 'n' chunky, yes. Big 'n'built...ah...that's a negative, Roger!

I was at Home Depot yesterday, and saw a guy with huge arms leave his shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot against some one else's car.

What, your big arms short-circuited your sense of courtesy? Being a built dude [even if it's in your own mind] doesn't excuse being an inconsiderate jerk.

So, slim pickings so far this season.........as per JimUSA's original comment!

Back on topic and back atcha!

Mdlftr
  #28   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 12th, 2005, 07:01 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr
I was at Home Depot yesterday, and saw a guy with huge arms leave his shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot against some one else's car.

What, your big arms short-circuited your sense of courtesy? Being a built dude [even if it's in your own mind] doesn't excuse being an inconsiderate jerk.

So, slim pickings so far this season.........as per JimUSA's original comment!

Back on topic and back atcha!

Mdlftr
I've always taken being big/tall to be more or less a very specific RESPONSIBILITY to go out of our way to be a little nicer, a little more careful, when dealing with "the little people" around us. I'm sure you can identify with this mdl but people look at taller guys as threatening from the go and we have to be extra careful if we want to have a normal conversation with someone sometimes.

Guys like that - piss me off.
  #29   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 12th, 2005, 01:56 PM

I love looking for muscle-guys at Home Depot.

I've generally found bigger guys to be nicer than most, but that's a generalization. All generalizations are false by nature...

God, I keep going off topic. Could someone please get us back on topic again?
  #30   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 13th, 2005, 01:35 AM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Remember -be nice to little guys, be nice to little guys,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethernet_jock
I've always taken being big/tall to be more or less a very specific RESPONSIBILITY to go out of our way to be a little nicer, a little more careful, when dealing with "the little people" around us. I'm sure you can identify with this mdl but people look at taller guys as threatening from the go and we have to be extra careful if we want to have a normal conversation with someone sometimes.

Guys like that - piss me off.
Yeah well, so long as you giant guys don't step on us little people, we would hate to call in an air strike .
By the way, Jose Canseco is on "Surreal Life" on VH1 (6'4" 250lbs of bulging muscle and twice the size of everyone else) They set it up with the others not knowing who the last character was, then a magazine was dropped off with Jose's recent clashes with the law. (assault, domestic assault, jail, steroid bust, etc.) needless to say they were scared sh#tless when he lumbered into the house. After they talked, Jose bent over a pool table to make a shot, and his muscle-bound butt put almost everyone into heat (especially me !!) Those tight jeans were about to split!!.
..Phew ! its gettin hot in here!, but yes the big/tall giants can be VERY intimidating.
  #31   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 13th, 2005, 08:56 AM

Quote:
I love looking for muscle-guys at Home Depot.

I've generally found bigger guys to be nicer than most, but that's a generalization. All generalizations are false by nature...

God, I keep going off topic. Could someone please get us back on topic again?
sorry to take us off topic again but almost every bodybuilder i have ever met was generally a really nice person (except one). and yes for some reason home depot does seem to be a muscle magnet.
  #32   Add to beeflover2001's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 16th, 2005, 11:06 PM

beeflover2001
Angry

Quote:
It's summer and time to visit amusement parks and festivals. Can't they make a rule to prohibit guys with no muscle whatsoever from wearing tank tops and muscle shirts? Some of those guys are really disgusting. What are they thinking?
Yeah, those fat people should have the decency to stay in their homes during the day and not subject others to the sight of a less than perfect body. Hell, if they won't stay inside on their own, maybe we should start legislating some kind of curfew to keep them inside, or better yet, some kind of relocation camp where we can concentrate all the fatties of this country.

Overweight people really do have a lot of nerve, trying to be comfortable in their own bodies, wanting to live their lives but being bombarded and lambasted by a shallow, judgmental society that equates fat with bad, and skinny with good.

I guess that fear of not being perfect makes some people use a morphed photo in their avatar.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options