The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Muscle & Mind
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Muscle & Mind Motivation, Inspiration and The Mind. What drives you?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to GlitzPianoman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:25 PM

GlitzPianoman
It's all worth it

Hey Guys:

Today's been one of those days where nothing seems to go right. I forgot about a test I had this morning, as well as an assignment that was due. Thankfully, neither were worth that much of my mark, and my professor was willing to take the assignment late, so I handed it in online tonight. Another assignment I was working on earlier this evening didn't work out as expected. I experimented with dinner and ended up botching it. And at some point this morning, I spilled hot tea on my hand.

The whole day was leaving me discouraged and bitter, until I decided to take a break from it all and head downstairs to the gym. From the moment I began doing lat pulldowns, I began to feel better. As I worked through rep after rep of my back and shoulders routine, I felt pumped and energized. All that negativity that was pent up in my body was being released through the weights. Would it be vain to say I haven't looked this good in almost two years? More importantly, I haven't felt this good in almost six years (since the last time I was in school).

Tonight, the gym got me focused on what was important again. I'm in a great state of mind right now. Next time you're having a crappy day, go out for a run, head down to the gym and throw some weights around, or do some boxing, or whatever else it is you do for exercise. It's good for your muscles, it's good for your mind, and it's good for your soul.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to iluvmassivemusl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Big C

iluvmassivemusl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to iluvmassivemusl
Is it really?

Whenever I go to the gym, I always catch myself looking at the clock wondering, Can I leave now? Am I done? I think I've spent enough time in here. How can you stay driven like that, motivated like that? It's a complete mystery to me. I can't stay driven in ANYTHING I do much less working out, I'm trying, and I've come a ways, but not fast enough, and not good enough. I really need help in this, I just want to know how to drive myself harder and try, really try, for once.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options