The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Community > Surveys & Polls
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Surveys & Polls Cast your vote or create your own polls here!

Poll: In a story, over how long a period of time should a person grow?
Poll Options
In a story, over how long a period of time should a person grow?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to tygrefyre's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:56 PM

tygrefyre is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Duration of Growth

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2005, 06:14 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
It's kind of like morph photos

When I see a morph that is so outlandish, it's not even worth looking at. The same is true with stories of a guy who goes to sleep one night as a skinny wimp and wakes up as a gorgeous outlandish muscle hunk. Okay, great if you're bewitched or something but totally unbelievable and unfathomable. Something a little bit more realistic (though obviously not realistic) is more palatable and can be envisioned more.

It's kind of like morphs by Kiwi Mike of bodybuilders. None of his work was outlandish, just "enhanced" and it made all the difference in the world. I'm sure all of his models wished they could look as good as he made them.

Ps., I have a whole collection of his photos.
  #3   Add to tygrefyre's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 29th, 2005, 06:29 PM

tygrefyre is on a distinguished road
I'd have to agree, I think the subtilty of the muscle growth is hotter since it's more realistic. I think a lot of writer's here just create a quick growth scene for a quick vibe, don't plan on writing sequels, or just aren't devoted enough to showing the growth over such a long period of time.
  #4   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2006, 04:51 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
I'm not going to vote in this poll, not because I don't like it, but because of how vague it is. If a story has a guy take a pill and grow, then it could be within a few minutes or hours. Although if it's something like Davey's Destiny, then it can take weeks and still be fine.
  #5   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 12th, 2006, 11:30 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
I think it's a balancing act. Since it takes so long to grow muscle in reality, I can't bother with a story where it's instantaneous, but I also hate it when a story goes on, and on, and on, and on... Then 20 chapters in it starts getting good. I have very little time for reading stories, so do many others, so please respect that. I guess, write a story You'd like... it's your work.
  #6   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 12th, 2006, 09:09 PM

vlad is on a distinguished road
there are merits to each kind, but my favorite is over a long period of time. there's more tension, and more time for the person to gradually realize their power both physically and sexually.

sometimes though, I like those instant gratification things where it takes just minutes to grow HUGE, that's always really hot. so maybe that's my favorite. one of the two.
  #7   Add to nightwolf285's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 21st, 2006, 10:04 PM

nightwolf285 is on a distinguished road
Disclaimer: The story depicts how the sequences occur. As long as they are appropriate to the story, then that is fine. That is good writing. As far as my personal preferances...

I have to admit, a quicker growth opposed to a drawn out growth has always been a personal favorite. I agree that a growth that occurs "off screen" or outside of the narration is no fun at all. (It defeats the point of an MG story in my opinion.) However, I am not a fan of the "realistic" growths either because, well, you can get that in real life.

This is fantasy. It is something that can't be seen quite like this in real life. Thus, a growth that occurs over a "short" time span, something that is obvious to the person it is occuring to and the people around them, is my favorite. Can't get enough.
  #8   Add to Mad Dog's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 22nd, 2006, 12:08 PM

Mad Dog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Dog
The speed of it in the story doesn't bother me, it's how big the person ends up growing that I have an interest in. :P
  #9   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 22nd, 2006, 01:44 PM

falseyedee is on a distinguished road
depends on the story. as a writer there are a miriad of different themes and ideas that i want to explore. in a muscle growth story, i'll have the growth happen in a manner and at a speed that suits the ideas i want to explore.

my new website: www.falseyedee.com

my new ebook, a short story, is available at amazon.com. all my books are at at amazon.com as both paperbacks and kindle ebooks:
http://astore.amazon.com/muscleficti...ail/1452858519

for nook users, all 3 of my short story collections are available as nook ebooks!

my first 3 books are available as PDF files at gumroad.com.

www.musclefiction.com
www.falseyedee.com
  #10   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2010, 10:09 PM

FuzzyKB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygrefyre View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]
No single rule, it depends on the context of the story. I tend to like longer stories with very realistic elements. Time allows the author and reader to get into far more erotic elements. Is the subject afraid of his change? Is the subject aware of his change in the beginning? If you have time you can play with all kinds of erotic elements as the transformation takes place. If the subject gains 100 pounds in 5 minutes those options cease to exist simply because in reality the subject would not have time to react to the changes and or even have a good perception of those changes. [/COLOR]
  #11   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2010, 11:49 PM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
Since I love reading descriptions of the new muscles, long duration works better for me
  #12   Add to boricua1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:36 AM

boricua1 is on a distinguished road
There wasn't a choice of hours lol. I think watching someone or one self expand, develop, and break down in an emotional ecstacy of flexing, posing, and self gratification within a few hours is satisfying and pleasurable.

Each minute you get to savor, pump yourself up with adrenaline, and release all that excitement and enthusiasm vocally. One could possibly become more uninhibited ... to me it can become very invigorating, a release from peaking boundaries, a primal rage, and an aspiration, goal, or wish coming to full arousing fruition.

Tearing and breaking the constraints of fabric, basking in the tremendous glory of thick massive muscle. I would not be able to stop smirking with joy while bouncing my pectoral muscles, or hands behind my head to spread lats that looked like solid slabs were carved or molded on my body.

V shape torso with quads and gluts ready to tear the seams of my underclothing ... not to mention the huge erection from the shaft poised to be the final say of what clothing was still hanging on my body.

Even with that said it probably wouldn't even take me that long to j.o. especially if I was standing in front of a mirror flexing 30 inch arms or bigger. Forearms looking outrageous, traps looking insane. Ahh yes ... time would move so slow, yet so fast when growth takes place.
  #13   Report Post  
Old December 19th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Chaos7Theory

I'd choose between a day (or several days), to several minutes... But I picked several minutes since it's only one choice.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options