The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Off-Topic > Site News, Feedback & Suggestions
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Site News, Feedback & Suggestions For discussion related to forum itself, including features, feedback and suggestions.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to JeffXeno's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 17th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Jeff Xenobuilder

JeffXeno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to JeffXeno
Question I have created a detailed How-To Document

The document explains the process of embedding images and video in the forums. I'm pretty much super geek, and learning the some of the features took a bit of trial and error for me to figure out; I'm thinking for the less technically inclined, it could be very frustrating. Because of this, many just end up putting links to external sites for their videos and images; as we all know this can be dangerous even though I'm unaware of anyone attempting to redirect us to a dangerous external site.

Regardless of that, I now have a 9 page 3MB PDF file with detailed instruction and associated images. I thought I was going to be able to post it some how, but I don't really have a place to host it. I could create 9 jpeg images, one per page, and post it that way, but I think it would look much better if we could just make the PDF available.

Are their any system admins that have any ideas? I'd be happy to e-mail you the file, or share it via Google Docs or iCloud.

Jeff

Detailed instructions for posting embedded images and video at The Evolution Forum are available HERE.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to JeffXeno's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 17th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Jeff Xenobuilder

Trying Something with Google Docs here...

How to embed Images and Video at The Evolution Forum - Click HERE for the Google Docs version (requires a Google Account). Or you can click HERE to download the original PDF file from RapidShare.

Well that works fine if you have access to Google Docs...

And RapidShare works for everyone else... until it gets deleted due to lack of use.

Jeff

Detailed instructions for posting embedded images and video at The Evolution Forum are available HERE.

Last edited by JeffXeno; May 17th, 2012 at 05:29 PM.
  #3   Add to JeffXeno's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 17th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Jeff Xenobuilder

Both the Google Docs version and the PDF download from RapidShare seem to work fine, but for me the original PDF from rapdishare looks better on my screen.

So, where to post, and who should post it? Maybe a Sticky Thread at the top of the media forum?

Jeff

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options