The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to dean123us2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:39 PM

dean123us2000 is on a distinguished road
Curling Competition and bicep flex

So I was back to my hometown over the weekend. One night I stayed with a good friend of mine. We had a few beers out and came back to his apartment. I knew he had a curl bar in his living room and I also knew that after a few drinks the competitive fire would set in on the both of us. I am about 2 or 3 inches taller, weigh about 35 lbs more, and have always been more muscular than him. However, when he lifts routinely, he actually develops a good size bicep. I looked at it while we were out but it was difficult to tell how big it was/

After we are inside I head over to the curl bar and kind of say "so how much weight do you have on this thing". There was a twenty-five, ten, and five on each side, so including the bar about 85 - 90 lbs. His comment back was "more than you can handle". Which I fire back "we'll see". So I started to curl and got out about 6, maybe 7 reps. He comes over and says "let me show you a thing or two". My friend proceeds to do 9 or ten reps. I am shocked he was able to do that much.

My next comment to him was "Wait a minute, something is wrong, my biceps are bigger than yours. How can you possibly do more sets?". He then flexes a pretty decent bicep, which of course makes me flex back. He comments something like "Wow, your huge but I think I am getting close." We kind of feel each others biceps a bit. I notice that the main reason why I am bigger is that he really doesn't do much for his triceps. I explain that to him and talk to him about a few exercises he could do for his triceps.

He then astonishes me with the remark "let me see how far off I am". He goes and gets a tape measure. We measure his flexed bicep and its right about 15 inches. We measure mine and I had him, my arm was just over 15 1/2". Of course I look at him and say "I probably had a couple of more beers than you and that's why I did less curls". His comment was "next time you are back, I know I will win both. Bet you 50 bucks". Of course I say "you are on".

Everything basically ended there. We watched TV and one more time later I said "I can't believe you can curl that much". He would flex and comment back "wait till next time". I may get back in July or August, but I definitely have plans to be back in September. I went to bed just thinking about what he would look like then, as I know he can add more muscle than he has now. I will talk to him every couple of weeks to remind him of our bet and motivate him to keep lifting and get bigger.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to bpharv68's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2012, 06:06 AM

bpharv68 is on a distinguished road
I have had a longtime fantasy about an friend of mine getting bigger, and bigger, because of a similar competition. Hopefully your friend keeps the competition going and keeps working out.

Keep us updated.
  #3   Add to dean123us2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 14th, 2012, 08:40 AM

Next visit

Well the next visit came sooner than I thought. I was stopping in to say hello, so I knew the effects of not having alcohol would not make this as easy. I was correct. Once again he fortunately keeps his dumbbell bar out in the living room.

I counted the weight and determined it was about 30 lbs including the bar. I asked about his progress and he said he had been away and really stopped for a bit. I said "well lets see where we stand, but I need to add some weight." I put another 10 lbs total on and said "lets see what you got".

He proceeded to do 7 reps and then said, "I think I had enough". I went and did 6 and then pretended to struggle. I finished the seventh and said that we were pretty close. He commented "I could have done a couple more and I think you were kind of fake struggling to make me feel good. Thanks." I said I was and then proceeded to flex. He was very impressed with my size and then flexed. I was definitely bigger but encouraged him that he was close. I was telling him about hammer curls. This was great as I was able to keep feeling the small bicep baseball he had while he kept turning his arm.

We talked some more about and basically said I would be back in September and I expected more. He was like "yeah, but you need to start eating better too". I said "Okay deal. You keep on me about diet and I will keep on yuo about exercise".

I guess we will see what September holds.
  #4   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 14th, 2012, 03:23 PM

suma is on a distinguished road
Dean, that's an awsome encounter with your friend, the stuff dreams are made of LOL.

When I read the thread title, I thought it was actually a real contest with 2 parts: see who can curl the most, then see who's got the biggest best shaped biceps? that would be HOT
  #5   Add to dean123us2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 14th, 2012, 09:46 PM

Hi Suma

Thanks. It actually is a competition of both. What i forgot to mention was that years ago he seriously could pack on muscle quick (for his size). To this day he says "all I need is two weeks". While that was true about 10 years ago, he can pack on muscle if he routinely curls each week. So, it could be close if he sticks to a routine. We'll see if he does and I will start reminding him of our bet (that I think he forgot when we were drinking).

I would show you my "guns" but I am not sure how to post images.
  #6   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 16th, 2012, 06:25 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Cool recap and update. Hope to hear more and maybe even see some pics.
  #7   Add to dean123us2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 16th, 2012, 06:18 PM

I would upload a picture but under Posting Rules it says "You may not post attachments". I am not sure how to change that.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options