The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to otkuman2003's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2005, 04:11 PM
The Beast Master

otkuman2003 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to otkuman2003 Send a message via MSN to otkuman2003 Send a message via Yahoo to otkuman2003
Magi-Ranger

Something to possibly look forward to this coming up year...or early next...

There is a series known by many in the states and Canada called Power Rangers...Well, I stumbled, by accident, on a few PICS of the new GREEN Ranger...that people might be going...OMFG! Check these out! Unpumped...AND PUMPED!

The Person of Interest...

Check out them GUNS!

And Yes...this IS from the series... I am gonna try and find a place to download it now...maybe i can get some more screens...as well as a clip or two...
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2005, 05:17 PM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
Magi Magi MagiRanja! hehe.. yeah I caught that in a clip I downloaded last week. Unfortunetly the site that hosted the clip only had it up for a few days and has since taken it down. TV Nihon carries subtitled episodes, but they only have up to ep 21 or so last I checked and I think MagiGreen doesn't pump up till later in the series (after MagiRed gets those silly boxing gloves). If North Americans thought Power Rangers had been silly in the past, they are in for quite a surprise come Feb of 06!

Scott
  #3   Add to otkuman2003's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2005, 06:10 PM
The Beast Master

Send a message via AIM to otkuman2003 Send a message via MSN to otkuman2003 Send a message via Yahoo to otkuman2003
I havent watched it in a very looooooong time... LOL... I saw up to the Lost Galaxy stuff...And caught a few ninja... Super Sentai is much better IMHO...

BTW... Nice sig Optimus... Watsuki is GOD! Kenshin and Armored Alchemist is cool...Also some pretty big guys in the Kyoto Arc... Sorry...Bit off topic...Otaku in me coming out...although...it never really went back in!
  #4   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2005, 07:06 PM

Gotta love that second arc of Kenshin (where the quote is from) It's funny how many of his one liners kinda stick in your head, if nothing else but for the profound nature of them. I mean, you'll always have the "wow" factor with things like "I'll be back" but nothing quite strikes you as much as a quote that reminds you that it's not always possible to understand the circumstances that have brought others to a certain point and in that, once that bond between two is apparent, sometimes it becomes difficult to live in the present. I think this applies well to why there are so many "Veterans of Foreign Wars" Organizations in the US. They share a common experience that few could really relate to in the everyday shielded American world.

Anywho... if you're wondering I do keep up with Sentai and it's American counterpart. Hey, what can I say, I like giant fighting robots that transform Trust me, if you see pics of my room and office you'd think you'd died and gone to robot heaven... everything from Appleseed to Zeta lines my desk/shelves/floors/bed/chairs. It's actually gotten pretty bad ... I can't even see my floor in my bedroom! I think I might have to build a house to hold my collection! Now that's Otaku... (let's not even get into my DVD collection)

Now, to bring this back on topic ... this isn't the first time that there's been muscle growth in Sentai. Way, way, way back in time, I think in Dynaman the black ranger does a quick muscle growth scene. It's cheesy, but it's there... apparently muscle growth in sentai pops up every few renditions (I guess it's gonna happen when week after week the monster gets a sudden growth boost at the end of the episode... rangers have to follow suit every now and again).

Muscle growth as a whole in Japanese culture (sentai/anime/manga) is fairly limited though. The image of a really well built guy is not exactly mainstream thought. In fact, it's no where near desirable. Due to the limitations of space it's not feesable to be a 325lb massivly muscular guy living in a one room apartment. About all you'd be able to do is turn around and prey to God that the floor doesn't fall out from underneath your weight. Two, I would imagine that getting the proper nutrition might be more than difficult. I remember reading in a book on creating characters for Anime/Manga in Japan. In it it showed a comparision chart of what types of characters you'd generally have. The main lead male character was, I think, 5'8-10 and slender build. Which is probably fairly true about the majority of the stuff coming out of Japan. (Name me the last time you saw a built guy in anime as the lead character... even in Macross (First section of Robotech) Hikaru Ichijo(Rick Hunter) was way shorter (and somewhat leaner) than Roy Fokker.)

In fact I'm kinda surprised that there hasn't been more muscle in Korean Animation. It seems that there culture is far more accepting of the like than Japan/China/Taiwan. Who knows, maybe there will be a change in mentality about muscle in anime. Change can be a good thing!

Scott (typing wayyyyy too much for his own good)
  #5   Add to DJ_Muscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2005, 08:54 PM

DJ_Muscle
Exclamation Also...

FYI (For your information) ...

The Red Space Ranger from 'Power Rangers in Space' also got pumped, but only for a couple(?) of episodes. For Example, in "Mission to Secret City", Andros the red space ranger...[in my opinion/I think]...used his battlizer to press '01' and free himself and his friends from some handcuffs. The Battlizer had 3 options: 01, 02 & 03. His friend asked why Andros doesn't use '03' because Andros said pressing '03' is dangerous and might bring him too much power. Anyway, Much later, Andros was about to get killed by a monster, when a girl from behind the bush pressed '03', Andros was shocked and transformed into the Red Battlizer Ranger.

*sigh* OK?
  #6   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2005, 09:00 PM

Yup .. forgot about those instances. The only reason that didn't trigger in my memory is because I always saw that as like body armor and not necissarily muscle. But you're right, he does power up in those eps (plus the finale Countdown to Destruction -- I believe)

Overall though, the American rendidition seems to play it safer on those aspects. I kind doubt that the muscle growth of MagiGreen will actually make it here.. in fact I think there's gonna be a ton more American footage next year. I just can't see them using alot of MagiRanger footage (beyond the mecha fights). There was quite a bit of "ranger on" "ranger off" in the Japanese footage this year and a ton of stand unhenshined next to henshined rangers, especially now that MagiShine has shown up.

Anywho, if I think of any other muscle instances in Sentai I'll post it later

Scott
  #7   Add to jiggyborg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2005, 09:22 PM

jiggyborg is on a distinguished road
This image has been floating around on 2chan for the past couple of weeks
  #8   Add to otkuman2003's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2005, 09:29 PM
The Beast Master

Merry X-Mas! ;)

Heres a nicer one...dont gotta click the image now...uploaded to my account.

#9   Add to DJ_Muscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2005, 11:52 PM

DJ_Muscle
Hit!

You mean this?

Magimuscle (download link)

http://www.dszone.info/Extra/PowerRa...Magimuscle.avi
  #10   Add to CanadianGordon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2005, 12:11 AM

CanadianGordon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CanadianGordon
I'm excited about this new development. The MMPR were one of the first series where I realized as I was watching I had homosexual tendencies..

I always enjoyed pretending to be a Ranger with a buddy.

I even made myself my own MMPR props.

Then I realized how bad the series really was... lol.

And I moved on. Well I grew up... But for a year or so it was my favourite show. It may be time to revisit the series...
  #11   Add to otkuman2003's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2005, 12:36 AM
The Beast Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Muscle
You mean this?

Magimuscle (download link)

http://www.dszone.info/Extra/PowerRa...Magimuscle.avi
OMG!!! Thats sooo awesome! Thanks DJ!
  #12   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2005, 12:37 AM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Muscle
You mean this?]
Oh my god, that was so campy. I love it!

Then again, I grew up watching Goranger and Bioman so I'm predisposed to like these things. (Yes, even the live-action Sailor Moon. )
  #13   Add to jacestar's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2005, 02:43 AM

jacestar is on a distinguished road
I dunno, personally as far as those sentai shows went I kinda perferred VR Troopers and there was another one though I can't remember what show that was. as for the whole concept of an anime with a tall musclebound maincharacter, you should look into Bastard!! the main character's over 6' and unbelieveably muscled
  #14   Add to Mad Dog's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2005, 07:22 AM

Mad Dog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Dog
Fullmetal Alchemist actually has quite a few beefy characters, one of them more than willing to pose for the camera.
  #15   Add to buzzard's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2005, 08:40 AM

buzzard is on a distinguished road
thats WOW . can't wait to see the full thing...
  #16   Add to DJ_Muscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2005, 11:21 AM

DJ_Muscle
You think that's weird, WELL, Look at who he might fight with ...
Sorry, but the link is in Thai language(sp?).

http://www.thai-toku.com/cgi-bin/Y1G...num=1121662893
  #17   Add to DJ_Muscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2005, 12:07 PM

DJ_Muscle
Part 2

Here's a fanart of...you'll see...

http://ahiru15.ifdef.jp/t/hero-4.html
  #18   Add to buzzard's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2005, 02:28 PM

buzzard is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know in which episode this transformation is going to happen?
  #19   Add to StarPhoenix's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 3rd, 2005, 07:24 AM

StarPhoenix
Send a message via AIM to StarPhoenix
The episode this transformation is in is Stage.21. This show calls their episodes "Stage". Anyway, Makito, the eldest brother and Magigreen, proves himself to be the one of the 5 siblings that keeps them all together and what have you, so upon transforming, he recieves a new spell that'll make him super muscular and strong, "Maagi Magi".

This episode just came out a couple weeks ago just after it aired. Stage.22 came on last Sunday and TV-Nihon should have it up sometime this week, possibly today.

If anyone cares, all 3 guys are shirtless at the beginning of Stage.10. Although, Makito is probably the least defined of all 3... Tsubasa (Magiyellow) is so much better in that instance!
  #20   Add to BlitzK's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 3rd, 2005, 09:54 AM

BlitzK is on a distinguished road
Talking

Howdy! Long time lurker, first time poster.

First of all, otkuman and optimus- it's great to see some other Watsuki fans! I've been a great admirer of his work for years now, and I still get tingly thinking about the majesty of the Kyoto Arc (my only regret is that Sanosuke wasn't drawn beefier )

Anywho, thanks for that clip and the pictures of Magi Green so far! I did a little bit of searching and found a website that offers a summary of what happens in the episode (Stage 21: Mahou Dokyuu De Ikkou Goo Goo Gorudiiro/Ride the Magical Express): http://www.fortunecity.com/tatooine/.../magi/m03.html

Here's the excerpt related to the muscle growth:
Quote:
Makito leads the others into their armor. When they finish, his phone beeps for him. 0-1 "A new spell?" he wonders. Magishine tells him the magic's come in answer to his courage. So Makito calls it, and suddenly his body sprouts enormous muscles. Like a body-builder dressed in an outfit that reveals every curve. Somehow it balances and he does not look deformed with this rippling chest and all. He makes some muscle poses as part of the spell activation sequence. "Mucle!" he calls. The startled Berudan is up and ready to fight. Berudan swings his enormous hammer, Makito flexes his muscles and his siblings gather around to admire. (can't wait to see Houka use this spell) Suddenly, Makito scoops them up by their ankles so they are sitting on his powerful arms. Kai yelps delight. "Everyone GO!" calls Makito, and he flexes back. "Magical Power Airiel!" he flings them at Berudan. They strike in turn, Kai, Urara, Houka and Tsubasa. He falls hard. The four scoop him up for their brother and toss him that way. Makito takes a slap at him (okay, it is hard for the suit actor to move in that outfit, but he does it). The slap sets Berudan spinning and Makito adds a punch. Berudan goes flying between the others and finally lands outside in the real world. He's in bad shape. The real world it is, Makito's body back to its normal proportions. His sisters skip to him, giddy with pride.
Kinda silly, but the thought of him scooping everyone up in his arms and all the others admiring him as he flexes is intriguing.

Has anybody managed to track down any other screencaps or clips from the episode yet?

Blitz
  #21   Add to otkuman2003's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 3rd, 2005, 02:25 PM
The Beast Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacestar
I dunno, personally as far as those sentai shows went I kinda perferred VR Troopers and there was another one though I can't remember what show that was. as for the whole concept of an anime with a tall musclebound maincharacter, you should look into Bastard!! the main character's over 6' and unbelieveably muscled
Screw BASTARD!! Try Berserk! XD

Berserk has MANY giant guys...including the main character Guts (Gatts)... Also some men on men action... XD

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options