The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media > Before + After Transformations
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Before + After Transformations Exclusively for real-life transformation photos

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Chi-town's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2012, 04:04 PM

Chi-town is on a distinguished road
Aussie actor PJ Lane bulks up

PJ Lane, 27, has had a dramatic transformation as one of the lead actors in the soon to be aired Underbelly: Badness series, putting on 18kg of muscle for the role.

The After photo (w/article):
http://www.pjlane.com.au/don-lanes-s...s-all-grown-up

If you click around PJ's web site, there are plenty of Before photos. He has the classic Aussie long and lean build, but now he's pumped. Looks great.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to JeffXeno's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Jeff Xenobuilder

JeffXeno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to JeffXeno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town View Post
PJ Lane, 27, has had a dramatic transformation as one of the lead actors in the soon to be aired Underbelly: Badness series, putting on 18kg of muscle for the role.

The After photo (w/article):
http://www.pjlane.com.au/don-lanes-s...s-all-grown-up

If you click around PJ's web site, there are plenty of Before photos. He has the classic Aussie long and lean build, but now he's pumped. Looks great.
For US folks, that show, Underbelly:, often plays on the Audience Network, Channel 101 on DirecTV. I'm not sure about playing other providers.

Detailed instructions for posting embedded images and video at The Evolution Forum are available HERE.
  #3   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:21 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
From PJ Lang: an honest response about bodybuilding....

From Aussie Actor PJ Lang's website, here is his blog about "was it worth it?" when he discusses his bodybuilding efforts. He is 6'4" and added 36 Kg of muscle to play a bodybuilder in an upcoming Aussie series....

His honest answer given below:

http://www.pjlane.com.au/gym-junkie-...about#more-400

Gym junkie ? Do I have nothing to talk about?!

Posted on: June 8th, 2012 by PJ Lane 1 Comment

Bodybuilding ? Is it worth it?

I can dumbell press 50 kgs for 7 reps, I maxed out on 140 kgs for bench press, and I have more muscle mass than ever. These numbers may not seem like much but for me starting at 6?4 ? 94 kgs it?s impressive! Especially with my limited timeframe of 8 weeks. I?m hitting the gym for 2 day splits and doubling up sessions 3 days a week. Never have I felt more powerful and completely morphed my body like this before! The problem is that these facts seem to be reoccurring in every conversation that I?m having which made me think to myself, ?Is this all I have to discuss now??

Sleeping, eating, and training ? That?s my life at the moment! I?m spending a fortune on supplements, I read bodybuilding magazines, I?ve befriended some serious gym junkies, and it seems every second website I visit is full of nutritional advice. While my stresses used to be about work and personal relationships, they are now about muscle depletion and lack of sleep. May not seem like a big deal to the outside world but muscle depletion and lack of recovery are part of a bodybuilder?s worst nightmare. I don?t mind the new friendships I?ve formed because there?s some serious common ground, but my regular friends are starting to look at me like I?m crazy. I start to explain diet and their eyes roll into the back of their head, I turn down their social invitations again and again and they get a little irritable, I?m carrying around canned tuna and boiled chicken everywhere I go which I can?t imagine is pleasant for them. Nobody seems to have any understanding or respect for what I?m doing, but when I roll up my sleeve and flex my bicep it seems to gather a crowd and a flurry of questions. Everybody wants the results without the work which leads me to my next question, ?Is bodybuilding worth it??

In short, from my experience ? I don?t think so?
Here?s why?

Is it worth it?

I do love the looks of admiration, I love watching my body morph, and I like being able to talk shop with the big boys at the gym? However, this has all come at a price, the price being time and relationships. By no means am I advocating an unhealthy lifestyle, in fact I encourage everyone to live healthier which usually leads to living happier. I think everyone should consistently visit the gym and enjoy a healthy diet, but what I?m doing is borderline obsession? It rides the fine line of crazy. For those who read my tweets and the occasional newspaper you will understand that the reason I?m bodybuilding is to play a bodybuilder in the upcoming season of Underbelly. I?m still not legally allowed to go into depth about my role or the series itself but that?s what sparked my interest in this world of muscle.

The legitimate bodybuilders seem to be very genuine and focused on what they want to achieve. The gym is full of complete try hards, guys who make too much noise, swear loudly all the time, travel in packs, and most of all have no idea what they?re doing. I?m very fortunate to have some wonderful people helping through this whole process (more on these people in a future post). Another main thing I?ve learned is that everyone is full of advice, 95% of people having no clue. I have heard some crap from supposed former bodybuilders but there are some stupid pieces of information that have stuck in my mind. I would name and shame but I?m fortunate enough not to remember their names, so I?ll just shame with the horrible info they gave me?

* ?Don?t work out your legs, it makes you too heavy?
* ?You don?t need much protein, just heaps of bread with oil?
* ?You better be drinking your milk because you need calcium, otherwise your bones will break?
* ?Crossfit will make you look like a bodybuilder?
* ?You don?t need to work out. Just drugs?
* ?If you need to bulk, pizza and beer all day?

All of the above is bogus information! If you don?t know why I?ll let you do the research.

But getting back to my point about why obsessive bodybuilding isn?t really worth it. My diet pretty much consists of boiled chicken, broccoli, canned tuna in water, sweet potato, brown rice, almonds, avocado, natural peanut butter, and wholemeal bread (which is soon to go). I?m eating the same food all the time, I?m tired, I?m cranky, I have a constant brain fog, and the only time I ever really feel good is when I?m at the gym. The supplements are driving me insane with the casein protein, whey protein, weight gainer, jack3d (jack3d is a pre-workout formula ? coffee x20!), and the BCAAs?

Say I wished to compete in some Sydney bodybuilding comp, I would have this crazy regime, spend an arm and a leg on supplements, and have no time for friends. Then lets say I win the comp? Prize money ? $500

I?ll let you guys tell me

I have enjoyed the stories that have come through this whole experience, but I can not wait until I am done so I can shove my face into a big box of krispy kreme donuts!!

Until next time
PJ

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode