The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2005, 08:24 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
Suited Muscle ALERT (Daily Show)

The Daily Show episode for 08-24-2005

During Samantha Bee's segment she interviews the lawyer representing two military officers fired (IMO unfairly) from their seats on a New Jersey town council because they were called to foreign service.

But the star is the lawyer, Harley Breite. I wish I could find photos but all I can say is that he was built heavily and was wearing a very nice suit (too bad it wasn't very tight) while talking with Bee. This being the Daily Show, Bee took advantage of the situation to feel up Breite's biceps and made some very nice comments and Breite played along nicely. There was only one shirtless photo displayed but it showed that he was as solid below the neck as he is above.

Brains and brawn and a sense of humor. Nice.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2005, 04:55 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Found on the web

From their website:

Samantha Bee [color=#0000ff]files a report[/color] today about a town called Prospect Park, in New Jersey. Mayor Will Kubofcik (what a nifty last name) has been having a little bit of trouble with his six-member city council: two of the members have been frequently absent to meetings because they have been called away for military duty. So, he simply fired them, leading to uproars among the community. Part-time attorney, part-time love god Harley Breite says that it's disgraceful and undemocratic (Breite's this massive guy with long hair). He goes in-depth about how he feels about this situation until Bee can't take it anymore and asks, "Do you work out?" He says yes. "May I touch your enormous pythons?" she asks. He obliges and she feels his massive biceps, murmuring, "Ripped... Solid..." before meekly saying thank you. To continue her research for the report, Bee calls up the two members on military duty to question them. She didn't really get any good answers though because the gunfire in the background kind of drowned everything out. She instead goes to visit the wives of the men. Of course, the women are outraged, disgusted by the mayor's actions and saying that he had betrayed their families and the townspeople. They said that a better thing to do might have been for the mayor to make them the replacement members. Bee chuckles quietly. Yeah... women on a council? Whatever. "And you don't think your boobs would get in the way?" Bee asks. Well, the women don't think so. Bee returns to the mayor, telling him what the town feels about him... They think he's uncaring, heartless, un-American, a dickhead, a ginormous jerk-off -- wait, there's more -- a douche, Mayor Stupid Fucking Fucker, and some other lovely names. Doesn't really matter anyway, though, because the mayor's only going to stick around for about thirty days more because he's about to move into a new house about 25 minutes away. He can't move right away due to the construction around the house and some hardwood floor trouble. Poor guy! There's no way you can't sympathize with this man now. Unfortunately, the wives have found a way to still hate him, calling him a "media whore". Suddenly, they show a clip of the mayor waving his arms around and sing Ricky Martin's "She Bangs", mangling the lyrics... I didn't think anyone would be able to maliciously destroy an already poor song more than William Hung but I think I've been proved wrong.
  #3   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2005, 07:23 AM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
I thought it was now against the law to terminate an employee who's serving in active duty. This may not be the case since these are elected positions, but it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Reminds me of another situation in Texas where a student has been asked to pay out-of-state tuition because he's been away in Iraq for most of the previous 2 years.
  #4   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2005, 08:02 AM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Send a message via Yahoo to hulkmuscle
Harley's got a nice build, but get that boy a haircut...sheesh!
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #5   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2005, 03:25 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
I know! Not only is it inappropriate for his job but his hair is too thin for the Bo Bice look. He needs a crew cut or even one of those politician's cuts (you know the ones.)
  #6   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 26th, 2005, 05:11 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
The law and the military

As a retired member of the military and reserves, I can tell you that there is no law requiring employers to keep you on their payrolls or hire you back after serving. However, a lot of employers recieve government contracts or provide services to those who do. If an employer who provides government services is found to discriminate against military members, they will lose their contracts. If an employer employees sub-contractors that discriminate, they will also be barred from government contracts.

I know from experience that there is only so much that they can do to employers. Small mom-pop outfits are least affected by government requirements.
  #7   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 26th, 2005, 08:23 AM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
According to a quick search, the Uniform Service Employment and Reemployment Act (USERRA) was signed into law in 2004. Employers had until March 10, 2005 to post the required information at work sites.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options