The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2005, 03:14 PM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
Passing on clothes you can't fit into.

I'm not sure where this item goes but today was the first time I donated to two friends a couple of shirts that I bought earlier this year in the US that I can no longer fit into and hardly worn. We had quite a discussion on where I could find clothes in London that would suit as most of the obvious places don't really cater for bigger built guys - aimed more at the skinny bitch end of the male spectrum...

Perhaps alongside the good places to train etc we should have a log of places that sell clothes that seem to fit built guys without looking like a tent...
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2005, 03:43 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Is that what you're saying?, you have gotten so big that you have outgrown US clothes?!? and your friends must be so puny that they must be American sized? ..ya big limey b*stard!!
That's it, we are sending American troops to the UK to stock the shelves with US shirts and pants, let's see you try to go outdoors with your shirt buttons popped open. That will teach you to call us puny! LOL!
  #3   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2005, 04:29 PM

It was a "vintage slim fit" shirt in large size from American Eagle. I bought it to be a nice fitted look but as I've put on a fair bit of size in 2 months it now looks far to "spray on" for a cotton short sleave shirt.

I was thinking as I walked around London this eve on various journeys how weedy people look here. I'd see someone and think "they'd look better with big arms...he needs beefy legs....he could shape up...." etc etc.
  #4   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2005, 04:50 PM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBeefy
it now looks far to "spray on" for a cotton short sleave shirt
Now that's an idea... "Bodypaint by A&F".

Quote:
I'd see someone and think "they'd look better with big arms...he needs beefy legs....he could shape up...." etc etc.
I sure wouldn't mind having "muscle vision" myself, if that were a superpower.
  #5   Add to jacestar's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2005, 05:50 PM

jacestar is on a distinguished road
I can so see that from A&F
  #6   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2005, 06:38 PM

ottomun6
Quote:
... I'd see someone and think "they'd look better with big arms...he needs beefy legs....he could shape up...." etc etc.
I do that all the time!
In fact there are two young men (both about 20-21)that I work with (yes, the gaydar is pinging) that make me think I could really be interested if only they had muscles...any kind of muscles. You can almost feel the sexual tension bouncing off these guys (I'm beginning to think there is a secret competition going on to see who can lasso me in ) I have to admit, there was a moment where the 20 year old almost blew me over with his blue eyes! (I swear , I almost heard angels and trumpets)
But to add insult to injury, I have trouble growing a full beard, he grows a full "moutain man" beard in 2 days!! He even looks more seductive with 1 day of growth! I don't even want to mention how much he "adjusts" his package when we are talking (a lot )
Now if only he would pack on some muscle and do something about the body odor, I would have a real problem keeping my distance!
The 21 year old is nice looking too, and always seems to find time to say hello each and every time he passes, but again the "no muscle" look just lets the air out of the sails for me.
Anyway, like you said UKbeefy, Its nice to picture passersby with bigger shoulders, arms, legs, chest etc. Wish I could tell them what they need to do to be really sexy.
  #7   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 26th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Muscled Chub Club

Minotaur is on a distinguished road
I'm forever packing clothes into bags and dumping them into the used clothing dumpsters. First it was the S and 14 1/2 shirts. Without muscle I'm actually pretty small: 5'5" and 140-150 lbs. But muscled up with some excess fat I'm currently 225 lbs. Next I outgrew the M and 15 1/2 - 16 shirts; Lastly were the L and 16 1/2 shirts. I'm most comfortable in XL or 17 1/2, though some more generously cut L or 17s will fit. The last batch waiting to go are a pile of short sleeve polos in L that are too snug. I know some people like to see built guys in extremely snug clothes, even a size too small, but I don't.

Dorothy: You really haven't grasped the concept of this gay thing yet, have you?

Blanche: There must be homosexuals who date women.

Sophia: Yeah, they're called lesbians.
  #8   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2005, 05:30 AM

Well I am finding after my recent growth spurt that almost all of my shirts feel tight and not very relaxing. I search around for anything in my wardrobe that does not feel like a tight T. Still this a dilemma that we all actually aspire to so I should be happy with myself for having to go shirt shopping!
  #9   Add to superhugegod's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2005, 07:59 AM

superhugegod is on a distinguished road
Don't even get me started on passing on clothes you can't fit into anymore, I have a whole closet full. I usually wear short sleeves shirts or shirts with no sleeves, b/c if I wear a long sleeve shirt I feel too hot.

I have to have my suits customed made and Big 'n' Tall is my new home. I usually give me clothes to Goodwill, but there's not many people who wear a 5XL to 6XL shirt.
  #10   Add to muscle_mastah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2005, 02:23 PM

muscle_mastah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscle_mastah
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomun6
In fact there are two young men (both about 20-21)that I work with (yes, the gaydar is pinging) that make me think I could really be interested if only they had muscles...any kind of muscles. You can almost feel the sexual tension bouncing off these guys (I'm beginning to think there is a secret competition going on to see who can lasso me in )...
Damn, either I need to move to a different company or I need better gaydar. All the hot guys seem to straight where I am.
  #11   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2005, 03:39 PM

ottomun6
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhugegod
Don't even get me started on passing on clothes you can't fit into anymore, I have a whole closet full. I usually wear short sleeves shirts or shirts with no sleeves, b/c if I wear a long sleeve shirt I feel too hot...
Super, so what is your story? Were you a tall skinny guy before or heavy set?
Are you still lifting?
  #12   Add to explodingmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2005, 03:52 PM

explodingmuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to explodingmuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur
I outgrew the M and 15 1/2 - 16 shirts; Lastly were the L and 16 1/2 shirts. I'm most comfortable in XL or 17 1/2, though some more generously cut L or 17s will fit. The last batch waiting to go are a pile of short sleeve polos in L that are too snug. I know some people like to see built guys in extremely snug clothes, even a size too small, but I don't.
You're right where I am- venturing into territory where the choices get fewer and the price gets higher. I can wear some 17 1/2s and mostly 18 shirts. Most of what comes in those sizes is meant for guys who are fat. I get really sick of seeing a cool shirt and then finding out the biggest size it comes in is XL or 16 1/2. People make fun of some of the clothes bodybuilders wear, but once you grow to a certain size, some things dont work well (hard to get on/off), or are impossible to find to fit. Those multi colored workout pants are actually very practical, for instance, and I wear them around a lot. More and more I find myself in sweats and sleeveless t-shirts. I "complain" about this, but my goal is to make it even worse.
  #13   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:30 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
"Exploding" growth

Ex,
According to your profile, you went from 172 in Jan. 2005 to 206 as of Aug. 2005, while keeping a 34" waist!

Where's YOUR growth thread?

Awesome!

Mdlftr
  #14   Add to nolanspice's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 16th, 2006, 08:13 AM

nolanspice is on a distinguished road
H&M does NOT stand for Huge & Massive

Coming in at a titanic 5'5" and a beefy 210, I'm just turning that corner of finding clothes that fit. H&M, which was a place that I did most of my retail therapy, is now off the list. I was looking for a funky shirt and jacket to wear to a Thanksgiving dinner and to a subsequent company Christmas party. Long story short, my shoulders are now officially too broad to fit anything that's not a pullover in that store.

While I'm glad of this phenomena (like all of us on this site), I wasn't prepared as to how fast I'd be growing. I'm too small/short for a big and tall man's store. The Gap, Banana Republic, and Aberzombie & Bitch don't carry clothes for men with builds. Does anybody happen to have a similar problem wherein you are short AND broad? I'm not a fashionista (or is that fashionisto?) but I do like to look nice when I go out.

I'm in the NYC area so going to the City is no problem for me. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

-j!-
  #15   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 18th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Muscled Chub Club

I took a good look in the men's room mirror and was unhappy with what I saw.

I've lost about 2" from my waist so far. But of course my pants are the same size at 40. Since my pants are new, I cannot afford to replace them. And I'm not really at a point to have them taken in yet. So I cinch the belt.

Added to that I wore a merino wool long sleeve polo. These are meant to be worn untucked. I wear an XL shirt in either pullovers or buttondown (17 1/2 - 18 1/2) to fit my shoulders and chest. The shirt had a lot of room in the midsection.

When I looked in the mirror, I looked so completely WIDE it was sad. When I took my pullover off at home, I saw much more of a taper.

This is why people think I'm so fat.

Dorothy: You really haven't grasped the concept of this gay thing yet, have you?

#16   Add to CDNmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 18th, 2006, 05:20 PM

CDNmuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CDNmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CDNmuscle
I've grown so much over the last few years that I gave up on those trendy/fashionable clothes.

1. Jeans don't fit over my ass - I'm wearing 36" so that the legs and crotch are resonably comfortable...ugh.
2. Casual Shirts ... gezz i got me a 19.5 neck. They all look painted on.
not something shy ole me wants.

I'm a pure discount shopper now. All my clothing is "Grow and Throw" I ain't paying over 20$ for a tee. I beat the crap out of them anyway.

Ok this may sound like a rant, but I'm happy to keep chucking.
This season I'm hitting the xxl rack.
  #17   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 18th, 2006, 10:46 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Quote:
It was a "vintage slim fit" shirt in large size from American Eagle. I bought it to be a nice fitted look but as I've put on a fair bit of size in 2 months it now looks far to "spray on" for a cotton short sleave shirt.
AE, like the Gap is made for skinny bitch boys. If you need clothes bought for you here in North America, and sent to England, I'm sure a few of us could help. Also, check websites: many stores have extended sizes and less popular fits like "modern", "European", or "slim" on their websites.
  #18   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 19th, 2006, 04:57 AM

Thanks Brent...that's great of you to offer to buy stuff. I do hope to resume trips over to your side of the pond when I get a job and an income again.....

I used to get to the US every year on some trip or other but recently a poor student life has meant a lack of funds to do stuff..last time I was there was last May - hence the AE purchase as I needed some "smarter" clothes or at least one decent shirt that did not look like a discount T shirt. Now that one shirt has been passed on...

I find sometimes here I can find stuff but it is generally not at the dressier end of the spectrum. When I start work again I envisage it will be in an environment that is not suits or chinos but a well dressed casual environment - I have nothing that suits that sort of look but will have to get some things regardless. My problem with shirts with collars is what many have related already...the billowing volume of the lower part of the shirt that u think u could turn into a tent for refugees...

Has anyone here ever got formal shirts either from a "bodybuilder" type website with a built in taper or ever had their shirts tapered in by a tailor...did it look better as a result?
  #19   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 19th, 2006, 08:15 AM

I have thought of seeing how much a taylor would charge to make a custom shirt, although I'm afraid it might be a lot. It might be a lot less dear to get a nice shirt that's too big, and get it altered down. I think most dry-cleansers can do that. Still, I have always wanted a nice toile shirt...
  #20   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 19th, 2006, 01:10 PM

I wonder in the end if people just get their clothes tailor made as their size goes up...you look at people like Cutler and Warren and no off the shelf stuff is going to work...

I don't think i am quite at that stage yet but I am finding it hard to get stuff and need to be particularly careful with formal shirts that I need to button the collar on.
  #21   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 19th, 2006, 07:25 PM

Quote:
I wonder in the end if people just get their clothes tailor made as their size goes up...you look at people like Cutler and Warren and no off the shelf stuff is going to work...

Well, I'm sure those two get their clothes taylor made as I'm sure they have the money for it. However, I'm sure most bbers can't afford that option. I would like to learn how to make my own shirts as I could make a better fit, but I've only done curtains etc. (straight stitching). I have been thinking about altering clothes I don't really love, to learn how to do it. The only problem being that I recently moved and got rid of all the clothes I don't love, and that don't fit. Also, I feel like I've been stuck at the same size for the last year (this is now changing with a new trainer & good advice from HulkMuscle, but it still takes time.)

I don't envy your selection in the UK. I've never been there, but I have lived overseas, and traveled enough to know that North Americans are spoiled in sizes & prices.
  #22   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 20th, 2006, 10:10 AM

Ooh don't we live in a liberated world where a gay man can admit to making curtains on a mixed internet site.

Anyhow I find here in the UK that clothes are more expensive than the US (duh) but also that sizes and suits etc are tailored on the assumption that David Beckham is more the natural model than say a beefier build. I find certain shops are a no no and others I need to be selective to find somethng to fit.

You can kind of see why bodybuilders often are casually dressed in t shirts, sweats and baggies ....finding conventional clothes is harder and especially getting clothes which do not look "spray on" - I know some guys want always to be looking practically on show the whole time but there is a time and a place for that and say in business environments it is generally a no...also there are times when you just want to blend in rather than stand out (well not often I know.....).

PS to all of you like Brent who have never been here please come and visit...Brent you can come and see real grass growing without sprinklers and observe people walking more than 50yds to their car.....
  #23   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 20th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Muscled Chub Club

I'm having a semi-custom shirt done at Men's Wearhouse. When I buy an off-the-rack shirt I buy 17 1/2. I have two or three 18s. But when I was measured for the mtm (made-to-measure), the store manager measured me for an 18 1/2. He said I could not get away with 17 1/2 and be comfortable wearing a tie. He measured my sleeve length exactly. If there is any measurement that is off when the shirt comes in, they will alter it. All this for $75. I can't afford this for all my shirts, but this is one that will be perfect with a suit. Btw, it's burgundy and white stripes with contrasting white collar and French cuffs. It's going to look hot.

#24   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 21st, 2006, 04:59 AM

Quote:

PS to all of you like Brent who have never been here please come and visit...Brent you can come and see real grass growing without sprinklers and observe people walking more than 50yds to their car.....

I really want to get over to England. It sounds like London is extreamly cool, but I have a lot of bills to pay off first, and my car is dying (and you need a good car in the desert...) Since I used to live in Oregon, I have seen grass grow naturally. However, walking more than 50 yards to your car: now you're just being ridiculous! On a side note, the ground here is nearly sterol, and living dirt must be shipped in from LA. I find a certain irony in that...
  #25   Add to nolanspice's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 5th, 2006, 12:09 PM

nolanspice is on a distinguished road
Loving London!!!!!

Quote:

Indeed! I've been to London at least a dozen times and consider it my second home! Two beefs about London (and they are minor). First, clothing. Since we're talking about it, I find it incredibly hard to shop for clothing there. As much as I love my Brits, The majority are on the slim side with narrow shoulders sliding down to a small waist and skinny legs. Sideways, they all but disappear. So when I go now, I don't shop as much there as I used to, mainly because I can get the same things here in NYC at half the price (since the pound is twice that of the dollar).

Secondly, I can't find a gym that doesn't look like a day spa. I'm not really looking for rough and tumble, dungeon gym. But some place where I can see a few well placed ruggers and beefier types who actually lift for their own enjoyment and not for the bars/clubs. (Sorry if this is going off topic.)

But back to the clothing issue, UKBeefy, I will gladly offer to be your personal shopper. Just give me sizes and dimensions and we can go from there. And if it's timed right, I can bring it to you on my next trip over the pond. Let's discuss.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options