The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Community > Surveys & Polls
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Surveys & Polls Cast your vote or create your own polls here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2005, 06:40 AM
dancer56

dancer56 is on a distinguished road
Do bodybuilders like other bodybuilders only?

I have a question that may not even get answered here. Do muscle guys only like other muscle guys or are they more open minded about friends and relationships? I personally think they like to keep to thier own circles, but im not sure. When you are with family you dont have much of a choice, but when you select your friends and partners do you focus on physique? [email protected]

Last edited by dancer56; October 3rd, 2005 at 02:18 AM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2005, 04:50 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Friends ;

are very special,very important&can come from anywhere.Partners are friends+chemistry!For some of us,that means muscle!I do know bodybuilders who are sufficiently insecure that they will only go out with someone smaller.It varies.A lot.
  #3   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 2nd, 2005, 11:55 AM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
generally most built guys I have met on the scene date people who are reasonably serious about the gym too. Alot of it is about a mutual understanding of what it takes eg the training regularity, the diet stuff, supplements, and fundamentally why you do it.

I certainly know that as I've got bigger I am more interested in people my shape or bigger and less interested in non-gym types.
  #4   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 8th, 2005, 04:12 AM
dancer56

musclemen and smaller guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
are very special,very important&can come from anywhere.Partners are friends+chemistry!For some of us,that means muscle!I do know bodybuilders who are sufficiently insecure that they will only go out with someone smaller.It varies.A lot.
Well in a way I recently answered my own question. Met a big guy on this forum who kind of likes fem guys like me. Not that I'm effeminate, just not ROCK HUDSON, and I really appreciate the honesty. Cause even smaller guys love to please, especially when we know how.
  #5   Add to Roidlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 15th, 2005, 06:52 AM

Roidlvr is on a distinguished road
It would seem for the most part, that 8 out of 10 bodybuilders would rather hang with their own kind, and most guys that become bodybuilders, do it so they can be around the huge muscle they crave, and there is nothing wrong with that, but what the big men have to remember is they are missing out on alot of great people, and a good friendship could never based on just an incredible body...But it sure don't hurt....And if a big man is looking for a little admiration, it is more of a rush to have a smaller guy on his knees worshiping all his hard work,letting the big man know that he is the most superior to all, at that moment in time.
  #6   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 16th, 2005, 07:03 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Do muscle guys only like or want to be with other muscle guys? The answer is yeah....and why not? I mean if YOU admire bodybuilders and guys with great bodies, why shouldn't they? Oh, sure, we would all like for muscled guys to love us for our inner beauty....then we wouldn't have to workout now would we? But those of us who also enjoy working out also want to be with someone also works out for many more reasons that just the great sex. And for those of you guys who think that bodybuilders or muscle men are missing out on guys who have great inner beauty (or some such thing), guess what??? A lot of bodybuilders and muscle men have inner beauty too! Some of them are even, god-forbid, intelligent with advanced degrees and common sense!

So, for those of you who don't want to step foot in a gym but want to be with a bodybuilder/muscle man, take heart. Do all muscle men fall in love with other muscle men? Heck no! I've known bodybuilders who fell in love with guys who never set foot in a gym. Okay, so they were those naturally great looking guys or had other qualities but they weren't also bodybuilders.

Hope I didn't offend anyone with my observations. Best thing, though, from my point of view, is if you wanna land a bodybuilder/muscleman, get yourself to a gym, learn about bodybuilding, have something that you can have in common and can speak to on nearly the same level.

Is it too late for you? It's only too late when you're six-feet under.
  #7   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 27th, 2005, 02:41 AM
dancer56

Waiting For Mr Muscle Right

Thanx for your replys to my question posted. I realize that muscle men workout not only fo competition, but for hot sex partners too. I don't begrudge them that. But one day geeks of the world who get shoved aside by the ones they love are going to find other alternatives. Especially the strong willed ones. The world is ever changing and things change. I'm talking about male muscle robots or androids. It's no joke. There is a growing awareness of groups who are interested in the world of cyborgs for hire, servants and sexual pleasure. I would love to see the day I can flaunt my cyborg muscleman lover around without thinking he's out for another thrill with someone else. The world is changing my friend and one day humans won't dominate the planet. I'm ready. And I won't have to be six feet under to wait and make love to the man of my dreams. TO QUOTE A CARTOON WITCH: "What's the use of being a witch if you don't use witchcraft."
  #8   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 3rd, 2005, 11:37 PM
dancer56

The Sword

The sword cuts both ways on this one. Just because you're a successful oversized bodybuilder doesnt mean you have a degree. Personally I do believe musclemen are sharp, witty and up on things. But not all of them. Just as normal people like me are not high school drop outs. I have two seperate computer certificates hanging on my wall, plus plaques winning top honors in photography and art. But because I CHOOSE to be a normal looking fit guy is a choice made deliberately by me. I just do not see myself struggling to lift heavy weights in order to have some jack ass cum all over me. Honestly, is it worth it? I want the muscleman of my dreams to love me for who I am inside. And then he can hump me all he wants to.
  #9   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 4th, 2005, 07:29 PM

glammaman2000
"I want the muscleman of my dreams"...(outside)

...to love me for what I am inside(?)mmmhmmm.Is it worth building yourself up to have some"jackass"come all over you?YES!(Actually,they were pretty nice guys!)
  #10   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2005, 03:16 AM
dancer56

Swirls Of Black Hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
...to love me for what I am inside(?)mmmhmmm.Is it worth building yourself up to have some"jackass"come all over you?YES!(Actually,they were pretty nice guys!)
I didnt say muscleman OUTSIDE, you did to prove a point. And Ive already been with several musclemen myself various times, and one happened to sneak into my life who looked just like Superman's double. As a matter of fact he could have put alot of them to shame. Gorgeous face, handsome smile, beefy built loggers chest (wonderfully hairy), and log legs. Swirls of movie star black hair. And like you said THEY WERE nice guys. Past tense. UmmHmmmmm. I'm looking for a long term ratio. My memory book is full.
  #11   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2005, 08:36 PM

glammaman2000
THINK I cleared this up...

I IM'ed dancer.I used"they were"instead of"they are"because it would imply I was carrying on multiple relationships simultaneously.I'm not.But I've been very lucky in that even my most casual relationships have turned into lifelong friendships.&a lifelong friendship has turned into a"casual"relationship!Life is full of surprises!
  #12   Add to yobdior's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2005, 03:48 PM

yobdior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancer56
I realize that muscle men workout not only fo competition, but for hot sex partners too. I don't begrudge them that. But one day geeks of the world who get shoved aside by the ones they love are going to find other alternatives.
There are a minority of muscle guys who are attracted to guys with 'average' or slim bodies. However, most of the rest bodybuild because they like muscle and are trying to attract other muscled men. Since these guys are building their bodies because they like muscle, its pretty unrealistic to expect them to be attracted to a guy thats slim or average, regardless of how wonderful the guy may be 'on the inside'. This also completely ignores the fact that muscle guys can be nice on the 'inside'. Why just have 'inside' qualities when you can have the 'outside' ones as well?

This may seem superficial, but no moreso than any one else. Otherwise men with beautiful faces or huge cocks wouldn't be so popular. Most people dont criticise (though they might bitch about) attractive or well endowed men because they wont give 'average joe' a go. There is an expectation that those guys will almost always pick another stud themsevles. That is the way of the world, though there are always a few exceptions now and again. If you want to attract a muscle guy, the most rational and logical course of action would be to become one yourself.
  #13   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2005, 01:50 AM
dancer56

attracting musclemen

So you're saying I should lift weights? Not just go to the gym 3 times a week?
  #14   Add to yobdior's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2005, 05:31 AM

yobdior is on a distinguished road
I'm not suggesting you should do anything that you don't want to do. But I am pointing out that if you want a big guy for yourself, you would improve your chances dramatically by becoming more muscular. And yes, to become more muscular you would need to undertake resistance/weight training, as well as increasing your calorie and protein consumption (i.e. lifestyle changes).
  #15   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2005, 01:40 PM
dancer56

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobdior
I'm not suggesting you should do anything that you don't want to do. But I am pointing out that if you want a big guy for yourself, you would improve your chances dramatically by becoming more muscular. And yes, to become more muscular you would need to undertake resistance/weight training, as well as increasing your calorie and protein consumption (i.e. lifestyle changes).
How big are you? And what kind of protein are we talking about. Is cardio essential? Do I have to lift mega heavy, or is moderate OK.
  #16   Add to CDNmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2005, 02:25 PM

CDNmuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CDNmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CDNmuscle
Relationships

I've always gone for chemistry, intellect etc. I like em fit tho and health consious. That doesn't mean that they need to be lifters to the extreme.
My bf worksout at home and is more into yoga. Now that's got its own set of benefits...lol.

Here are a few other perks.

1. I get the bigger portions of beef
2. He can't wear my clothes or he looks stupid
3. I hate cooking so thats his job - I lift heavy things
4. I enjoy time liftin at the gym doing my own thing - I share other activities with him.

Peace
  #17   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2005, 09:23 PM
dancer56

Red face Big And Small

That's just what I mean. I mean, I enjoy cooking. And I dont mind doing the laundry. Im like an errand person that can take care of alot of things domestic wise. But some of these guys come to the conclusion that because Im not a mega bodybuilder, Im useless. So I have all these out of the gym talents being unused for a strong husband that could have utilized my domestic savy. I could be at home chopping up all those ingredients he needs to make himself a good meal when he gets home. I could be doing the laundry, washing floors, cleaning out the kitchen, yadda, yadda. I live in a conservative town, thats why I have trouble finding a big husband. And I like working out at golds to keep FIT. So even though I should be lonely and a mess, I have decided to use my domestic know how to make my life comfortable-for me. Im even a photographer that could keep a profile of my bodybuilding husband. Even help promote his career on the Internet. I love being behind the computer. And Im not bad in bed either. You and your BF are very lucky indeed.
  #18   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2005, 09:39 PM
dancer56

The Drool Factor

Oh, and Ive noticed that it seems the biggest motivator at this site is what I call THE DROOL FACTOR. These mature men who havent outlived what seems to be an ongoing adolescent period of wanting big huge fantasy musclemen. Well so what! Is he going to help you pay your bills?
  #19   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2010, 10:33 PM

FuzzyKB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancer56 View Post
I have a question that may not even get answered here. Do muscle guys only like other muscle guys or are they more open minded about friends and relationships? I personally think they like to keep to thier own circles, but im not sure. When you are with family you dont have much of a choice, but when you select your friends and partners do you focus on physique? [email protected]
[COLOR="SandyBrown"]
There is no single answer to this. It would depend a great deal on the chemistry between the individuals. If the smaller individual was supportive of the larger individuals need with regards to assisting with diet issues and or other things to help that person achieve the goals it tends to change the viewpoints.

Though I ended up married to a non-bodybuilder, I very successfully dated a number of men years ago who were VERY large. Those that dated me did not want to go out and be in any form of "competition" with a romantic interest and the idea was to have two different but complementary individuals making up a relationship.

Also, over time many of the really big guys discover over time that they are not getting the attention for any reason as a general rule other than as a "sex object". In the beginning it really stokes an ego, but in the long term it is not really a great marker for a successful LTR.

When this was going on I weighed in at between 170-180 at 5'9" in height. Many of the fellows I dated were in the 220+ pound weight class at a similar height.

I don't think that there is any one single rule on this. In my dating practices I based everything on the people. What I discovered was a number of interesting things about physical appearance. With me it could open a door to a date, but no matter how good it was to look at, the chemistry still had to be there or the relationship simply evolved into a friendship.

[/COLOR]
  #20   Add to bigbob111's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2010, 07:53 PM

bigbob111 is on a distinguished road
when it comes to being active, most people generally prefer someone equal or larger than themselves, or at least stronger/more endurance. For other stuff, not so important. But i guess most would rather be amoung their own league, than mixing with different interests.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options