The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to LittleArm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 5th, 2005, 09:27 PM

LittleArm
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleArm
Desperate Houswives' Doug Savant

We've seen Doug with his shirt off before. He has a nice build but not particularly muscular. However, this week the camera happened to catch him just right. He was cringing at the thought of killing a rat, and his pecs did a giant twitch. He might not be the most ripped guy on the show, but the meat looked good nonetheless. This capture doesn't do it justice.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...arm/savant.gif
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to muscleted18's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2005, 05:58 AM

muscleted18
Send a message via Yahoo to muscleted18
mmmmm

i've always thought he was the hottest on the show since all last season. and your right, that one eppisode where he was trying to rekindle his and his wives love life and he suprised her in a skimpy little bikini was nice
  #3   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2005, 05:56 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
Doug Savant has a very hot body, not the biggest or most defined but thick and natural. It's like his body is just naturally that shape which is incredibly sexy and very rare.

And yet he often gets the shaft when compared to the other male actors, probably because his storylines are the more down to Earth/sitcom like stories. As much as I love how crazy the stories are on that show I always come back to Tom and Lynette because their story is the most realistic which, oddly enough, makes it the most interesting.

But I can't figure out why more people pay attention to Jesse Metcalf and James Denton. Obviously James Denton is a hunk but he's a little disappointing with the shirt off. Jesse Metcalf however is really overrated. He's too young, way too pretty, and isn't that great of an actor either. Jesse does have nice pecs though, but they need some chest hair.
  #4   Add to tjstoys's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 10th, 2005, 07:51 AM

tjstoys is on a distinguished road
Totally Onboard with you guys!

Doug Savant is nice and beefy just like I like them and his face is adorable to boot. I read that he was a real jock in high school and college playing football, and baseball, and hockey. Your all around athlete. To bad he's straight and I liked his wife so much on Melrose Place. (SYDNEY)
  #5   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 10th, 2005, 08:48 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Savant's character on Melrose Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjstoys
Doug Savant is nice and beefy just like I like them and his face is adorable to boot. I read that he was a real jock in high school and college playing football, and baseball, and hockey. Your all around athlete. To bad he's straight and I liked his wife so much on Melrose Place. (SYDNEY)

????On "Melrose Place" Doug Savant played the "token-perfect-human-being-and-and-all-around-just-swell-in-every-way-gay-guy". I think you must be thinking of some other actor involved with the "Sydney" character.

Mdlftr
  #6   Add to tjstoys's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 27th, 2005, 03:02 PM

No No Not the Character of Sydney

IN REAL LIFE! Doug Savant is married to Laura Leighton who he met while they were costars on Melrose Place. Yes Doug played Gay Matt and Laura played Evil Sister Sydney Andrews.

But in Real Life they are married and have been for about a decade now.
  #7   Add to muscleted18's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 27th, 2005, 04:26 PM

muscleted18
Send a message via Yahoo to muscleted18
i saw Doug on Celebrity Polker Showdown, he really didnt seem as much fun in real life as his character does on desprate housewives, i was kind of disapointed
  #8   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 28th, 2005, 08:10 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Conflating real life v. "reel life"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjstoys
IN REAL LIFE! Doug Savant is married to Laura Leighton who he met while they were costars on Melrose Place. Yes Doug played Gay Matt and Laura played Evil Sister Sydney Andrews.

But in Real Life they are married and have been for about a decade now.

Gotcha! From your earlier post, it wasn't clear who was relating to whom or in what context.

Has Laura Leighton been in anything recently? She's one of those classically beautiful woman who is usually cast as an ice queen (probably due to the pale white skin and red hair)

Thought:
Have you ever noticed how all the "gay" characters on prime time are just short of sainthood, and have no interesting character traits or any sort of social life?

Example: Jack and Will on "Will and Grace". They're about as engaging as Eve Arden or Rosslyn Russell in their prime---and about as masculine!

The one character who seemed mildly interesting-- Marcia Cross' character "Bree"'s son on "Desparate Housewives" who 'came out' in the pool, and who has a real snarky mouth on him, has been shipped off to 'reindoctrination camp' or some such place.

But, Example#1: The bowdlerized version of "Sex and the City" has the character of Carrie's gay friend (?Grayson/can't remember) who is funny AND seems to actually date real people who have a pulse. He's not so campy that he's a caricature, like Jack on W&G, but he does have a bit of an edge to him.

But, example#2: The gay parntered couple on "Northern Exposure" who had the big cool house, and were gourmet cooks, and pretty forthright about their living arrangements. That was actually more "normal" than most of these other examples, since those characters had lives totally separate and apart from their sexual orientation.

Another slam against "Will and Grace" : The character of Jack strikes me as the gay version of "Stephen Fetchit", since he panders to every negative stereotype about gay men that every 7th grader has ever heard. Who would ever want to identify with him? Shoving this vain, simpering, flouncing, immature idiot in people's faces every week doesn't make you empathize with him. You find yourself increasingly turned off by his self-centeredness and cruel humor. Unfortunately, the local stations have picked up reruns of this show as filler in the late evening, so it's either this or the infomercial on broadcast TV.

I suspect that prime time will either: come up with gay characters that act more like real life or move on to the next minority group they can show case on prime time.
  #9   Add to luvyalots's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 28th, 2005, 08:40 AM

luvyalots is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr
The one character who seemed mildly interesting-- Marcia Cross' character "Bree"'s son on "Desparate Housewives" who 'came out' in the pool, and who has a real snarky mouth on him, has been shipped off to 'reindoctrination camp' or some such place.

I always thought Andrew (Bree's son) was cute and we finally got to see him with his shirt off in the most recent episode where he is on a swim team. He's pretty stockily built, but not very ripped.

Of course, the only problem I have with him is that he seems to have some issues. When he told George (the psycho pharmicist Bree is dating) about what his mother's climax sounds like was a little disturbing. I would never tell someone what my mom sounded like during sex (shudder).

Anyway, sidenote, did anyone see the swimmer in the scene where Andrew attacks George at the swim meet. He was kind of off to the side for a quick second. Shit, he was built and gorgeous. MMmmm oo! Perhaps someone can post some screencaps so everyone knows what I'm talking about.
  #10   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 28th, 2005, 04:57 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
I noticed him too but forgot until you reminded me. He was good but not that memorable.

And, Mdlftr, I completely agree. The gay characters on television are usually not well developed and Will and Grace does nothing but promote a shallow stereotype of gay life that actually frightens some gay youth who don't want to live by those standards.

I saw an episode recently where Karen's gay nephew, who was far from stereotypically gay, was given "lessons" in being gay. Saying that all gay men have to primp themselves and love Liza Minelli (yuck!) is like saying that all black men have to wear their pants around their ankles, listen to 50 cent, and shoot each other. Sad thing is that the media does that as well...

Fucking straight male wasp idiots in power...
  #11   Add to musclemike85's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 28th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Campus Muscle Inspector

musclemike85
Send a message via AIM to musclemike85 Send a message via Yahoo to musclemike85
My biggest beef with gays on TV right now is this: How come there aren't any gay people on Lost? Sure there's like 40 some odd left, but there has to be at least ONE gay guy on the island. I thought Boone was for a while, until they did his backstory, but it would be hilarious to see Sawyer and Jack makin out in an episode or somethin :P
  #12   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 28th, 2005, 08:40 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Will&Grace catches a lotta shit....

...but for a while;it was one of the most consistently funny shows on television.The actors are WILDLY talented(some of the plots would be intolerable,otherwise).The big problem,right now;is that the actors are just too old for their parts.It's not as if there aren't singles in their 40's still looking for love.It just isn't funny on TV.(This has affected straight comedies,also)
  #13   Add to tjstoys's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 31st, 2005, 07:47 PM

Laura Leighton

She has been cast in a couple series since Melrose. Last time in Eyes staring Timothy Daly (from Wings fame) and I thought the series was great it was kinda a Spy series with a twist. Laura played Tim's Attorney and it was a good role for her. Alas no one watched it and it only lasted a few episodes.

In 2003 she stared in Skin on Fox again no watchers and it was short lived. After Melrose ended or her character died she was immediately moved over to 90210 for their last season and she played a side character for about a half a season. She also has had a bunch of TV movies but I won't get into all them.

Last edited by tjstoys; October 31st, 2005 at 07:51 PM.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options