You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to ushersdick's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 7th, 2005, 01:27 PM
my name's tom

ushersdick is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ushersdick Send a message via MSN to ushersdick Send a message via Yahoo to ushersdick
Too big for everyday life?

Do the massive guys (like ronnie coleman) find that theyre so big it stops em from doing things they could before?

I mean, watching videos the massive guys have to kind of swing there legs around and stuff, and the idea of being a guy getting so big he cant do everyday things is so hot.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 7th, 2005, 02:57 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
"Too Big" or "Lack of Flexibility"

Good topic here.

You have to consider the difference between a guy who is so massively developed that his limbs have to swing out of a typical arc in order to move, e.g., the example of Ronnie Coleman or others having to swing their thighs out widely in order to walk forward,

VERSUS,

the guy, big and bulky or not, who has such limited flexibility that he can't move his limbs in a full range of motion.

Example of flexibility: guys who can't put one hand behind their back and the other over their shoulder and clasp their hands together. This is fairly common in gyms, among guys who are built and no so built. I can do it easily w my right arm reaching over my right shoulder and my left arm reaching up behind my back. It's much more of an effort for me to switch arms and try to do it: left arm reaching down behind my shoulder and right arm reaching behind my back. A PT I had, who was about 5'9", 190#, muscular, couldn't do it. He had poor flexibility. He could out lift me, but I was more flexible.

Example of flexibility: Tom Platz, who had some of the most massively developed thighs in the world, as Glamman has told you in another thread, was nevertheless very flexible. He could reach down and put both hands on the floor in front of him, while keeping his legs straight. He had good flexibility in his hamstrings, massive as they were.

Example of mass getting in the way: guys who can't take their arm and reach back and touch the shoulder of the same arm because their bicep gets in the way. We've had members of this forum with this "problem" [Ethernet J had this problem, among others, I believe]. Another example, the forum member whose pecs were so big [his avatar is a torso shot in a green shirt. Sorry I'm blanking on your name, whoever you are] that he couldn't see the golf ball when standing to address it.

So, yes, people do have "trouble" moving. It's the cause (mass v. flexibility) that differs.

Mdlftr
  #3   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 7th, 2005, 05:32 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
For a while there,...

...there was a whole spate of pro bodybuilders getting into auto accidents."'roid rage"could have been a factor.&lots of the pros live in l.a.But I can't help to think having huge inner thighs in a tense situation might slow your ability to shift from the gas to the brake.
  #4   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 7th, 2005, 05:49 PM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
I am in no way as massive as Coleman or those guys, but I agree that flexability/things in the way can be an issue. I've noticed that, as far as training goes, I've become more flexable in some ways and in others I've lost a bit of flexability. You can forget me reaching across my back/over my shoulder to grab my other hand, but I can now touch the ground with my legs straight (which is something I sucked at in PE). I think it really is a matter of "things getting in the way" 90% of the time. Then again, shouldn't one count muscle/fat getting in the way as a limiting factor in flexability?

But back to the original question (sorta)... ever try to put on a backpack? That's one thing I've noticed get annoyingly harder, even with the straps let out all the way... Sometimes getting on/off clothing can be a tad harder... but that's a whole different thread

I don't think that getting massive is as detremental to one's quality of life anymore... now, had it been the 1930's or so, everything would be bothersome, but now a days you can thank the good Lord that so many American's are overweight, which means wider doors, wider cars, larger clothing lines in popular styles, elevators that can carry heavier loads. All in all I don't see where those massive guys would have much trouble living a regular life.

Scott
--praying one day to be one of those massive guys --
  #5   Add to bulkinupbig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 7th, 2005, 06:22 PM

bulkinupbig
From my perspective... as a competitive amateur bodybuilder... flexibility is not an issue...
The one major downside is purchasing clothing...
Finding sizes 3X is very difficult.
Finding something that fits is next to impossible.
Finding something that is stylish... forgetaboutit...

All suits are custom made...

Recently, I was measured for a tuxedo - and the owner of the tuxedo store said... I was by far his most difficult customer in his years of being in business and measuring...
(58 jacket and 3X vest... 20/37 sleeve.... and the pants were a nightmare... )

Ah... but the benefits... priceless (ala Mastercard)...

Bulkinupbig
  #6   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 7th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkinupbig
Ah... but the benefits... priceless (ala Mastercard)...
raises eyebrows and smirks...

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #7   Add to Steen's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 8th, 2005, 07:14 AM

Steen is on a distinguished road
Have to admit I haven't had too many problems with flexibility and the top weight I've been is 240lbs, don't know whether it might be drastically different when I reach 260.
In terms of my size impacting on my life however, I too have found the clothes thing annoying, gladly for my job I can wear what I want, its only for interviews and some special occaisons I have to dig out my latest suit and realise it doesn't fit me anymore.
  #8   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 8th, 2005, 08:28 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Well, if the Bodybuilding.com forum is anything to go by

then 280lbs is miles too big, as musmirflx (one of the members on this board) posted his pics in the "Post Your Pics" section and had the post removed in less than 24 hours, when I drew this to his attention he didn't seem that surprised.

So we have a benchmark according to that website, namely

"280lbs is too big for everyday life"

Do I hear a bid of 285lbs?
  #9   Add to superhugegod's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 9th, 2005, 05:28 PM

superhugegod is on a distinguished road
I know exactly what you guys mean from the clothes standpoint at my size.
  #10   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 10th, 2005, 10:55 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
LOL... I've bitched about clothing on many a thread on here in the past... at 6'3" and 255 I'm no stranger... but definitely NO BODYBUILDER.... getting there though... I am.... albeit slowly.

Mdl... it was a nice thought for a moment but I CAN touch my shoulder with my finger tips... just can't palm it at all... no matter how hard I try. 16.5" ain't all that big... but I'll get there some day.

I can't - however- grasp hands behind my back at all in the way you suggest. Flexability fell through the floor when I dropped regular martial arts training and practice... but I don't mind too much...

Finding 2x/3x clothes that look good and aren't cut for fat guys however... I can identify with that problem.
  #11   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 10th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Muscled Chub Club

Minotaur is on a distinguished road
My problem is flexibility, or rather, the lack of it. And it's no one's fault but my own. I need to start stretching. I just get lazy about it.

Clothing is another thing altogether, but no less a pain in the ass than not being able to scratch certain spots that itch because you can't reach them.

I'm short, but "husky" at 5'5" and 220+ lbs, size 46-48 jacket and 171/2 or XL shirt. I can get dress shirts in a 171/2 - 33, but shirts in XL have 34-35" sleeves. And shirts in XL are always cut wider in the body. To that end, I always look fat.

But would I trade my size? No way.

Dorothy: You really haven't grasped the concept of this gay thing yet, have you?

Blanche: There must be homosexuals who date women.

Sophia: Yeah, they're called lesbians.
  #12   Add to muscle_mastah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 10th, 2005, 04:55 PM

muscle_mastah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscle_mastah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur
I'm short, but "husky" at 5'5" and 220+ lbs, size 46-48 jacket and 171/2 or XL shirt. I can get dress shirts in a 171/2 - 33, but shirts in XL have 34-35" sleeves. And shirts in XL are always cut wider in the body. To that end, I always look fat.
I hear ya. I just had to buy a new dress shirt for a suit...all my others were too small in the neck again. Tommy's had way too much material at 17 34-35 around the waist for me, however, Jones New York though, seemed to be cut much slimmer so the material excess was better. Although I think I should have gone for the 171/2. The 17 is tight already!
  #13   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 10th, 2005, 06:39 PM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
If you're looking for more of a tapered waist ask for a 'European cut' in shirts.

They're not made to be cylinders of cloth needed by so many Americans.

As for the thread topic, I think it depends on overall conditioning and health. I see a lot of big guys, and they go both ways. Some break a sweat simply walking across the room and look uncomfortable all the time; others can carry it really well without impeding themselves.
  #14   Add to LittleArm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 10th, 2005, 10:36 PM

LittleArm
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleArm
Just once I'd like to be stuck on a plane sitting next the guy whose lats and arm were too big for his own seat, instead of having a soft flabby gut spilling over.
  #15   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2005, 10:06 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadRx
If you're looking for more of a tapered waist ask for a 'European cut' in shirts.
However, keep in mind that "European Cut" usually is accompanied by European sizing, which runs much smaller. My problem, is that being an XL in American sizes, that means I'd be at least a XXL in European sizes, and many nice places that go by European sizes simply don't stock/make XXL.
  #16   Add to Muscle Derrick's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2005, 01:28 PM

Muscle Derrick is on a distinguished road
Too big problem

Only problem I had when I was 285 (now back to 265) was that having to wipe your ass. Biceps too big and lats too wide to do a good job. Oh well.

Also sex. Too big. Lots of work holding weight in place so don't quash partner. Some get off on it though. Go figure.
  #17   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2005, 02:31 PM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
amazing...

I can't even imagine that...
  #18   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2005, 04:42 PM

yeah.. that thought is a tad scary.. considering I'm only like 10-13 pounds from being 285... I guess I'll just have to become more flexable

Scott
  #19   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2005, 05:02 PM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
Muscle Derrick, one of my personal trainers told me about the issue that you mentioned, and I can't imagine.

Check out the Washlet by TOTO. Then feel free to go ahead and get as big as you want. I first encountered these in Japan, and they are the most awesome/hygenic toilet I've ever used. No need to put your hands anywhere down there. I am sold on installing these when I finally buy a place of my own. I'm convinced one of the main reasons they're not more popular here is to keep the paper industry happy.

OMG - considering my last post I'm on the verge of becoming a personal shopper to bodybuilders. I consider myself more of a problem-solver than merely flighty.

Last edited by RadRx; October 11th, 2005 at 05:08 PM.
  #20   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2005, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadRx
Check out the Washlet by TOTO. Then feel free to go ahead and get as big as you want.

OMG - considering my last post I'm on the verge of becoming a personal shopper to bodybuilders. I consider myself more of a problem-solver than merely flighty.
That reminds me... when I was a freshman in college living in a dorm, there was a guy of Indian decent and he always carried a plant waterer with him to the restroom... one day I actually asked him why and he said it was his "toilet paper". Definetly one of the most embarrasing moments in my freshman year... but apparently water is a better clenser than paper.

Japanese people are always at the forefront of toilet technology... self warming lids... mood music... water clensers.. oddly enough I didn't see any of these said enhancements when I flew through there Kansai Airport Oh well... Definetly have to keep this in mind when I build my house...

Oh- When you go to that site make sure to watch the vids they have... they are pretty hilarious

Scott

Last edited by optimusx; October 11th, 2005 at 06:44 PM.
  #21   Add to lewj99's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2005, 08:05 PM

lewj99
Send a message via Yahoo to lewj99
Talk about thread drift...'too big for everyday life' to 'Japanese toilets'...heh heh. I lived in Japan for 2 years and some of the toilets there feel like the captain's seat of the Starship Enterprise. Control panel at the side with lots of buttons...one of them makes the sound of rushing water to cover up any 'embarrassing noises' you might make. There's also a temperature button to warm the seat, nice on a cold winter morning. And lots of other buttons I was afraid to touch! Of course you have to watch out for squat toilets in Asia...and the less said about them the better.

And back to the original topic...umm I guess big guys would have trouble getting by in Japan...does that count?
  #22   Add to CanadianGordon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2005, 10:38 PM

CanadianGordon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CanadianGordon
I love the videos! OMG!
  #23   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 12th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Muscled Chub Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Derrick
Only problem I had when I was 285 (now back to 265) was that having to wipe your ass. Biceps too big and lats too wide to do a good job. Oh well.
Well, I was going to say this. I'm nowhere near that big (currently 220ish), but my problem is inflexibility. I prefer the handicapped stalls that have a rail so I can hold onto while leaning to reach "those areas".

When showering, I am in a world of hurt if the shower doesn't have a hand held shower head, and I don't have a long handled body scrubber.

Dorothy: You really haven't grasped the concept of this gay thing yet, have you?

#24   Add to explodingmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:01 PM

explodingmuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to explodingmuscle
Give me those problems!

I have noticed that I some clothes are a pain to get on and off. And forget about suits. A custom suit is like 3 times more expensive than a regular suit. When I first put on a good amount of size I was always bumping my elbows into the walls and doorways. Long drives in the car can be a pain. The seat back is curved in at the sides, supposedly for comfort, but it isn't really wide enough, and it's supposedly a midsize. I used to think bodybuilders were just being indulgent with big vehicles, but now... I'm not even that big yet (5'10, 215), so its just gonna get worse.
But all of that is a small price for having muscles. I'd love to have my muscles get in the way as much as Ronnie Coleman, Greg Kovacs, or Marcus Ruhl.
  #25   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 6th, 2005, 01:56 AM
dancer56

dancer56 is on a distinguished road
Not too big for my britches

Another good reason I do not intensify my workouts and diet plan to become extremely massive, and this is no accident either. Ive thought about all those repercussions of becoming a big guy. The day it ever happens that you can go into a doctors office and under go some scientific procedure, be it drug therapy or laser beam treatments, that spawn a massive muscular body reconstruction, is the day I'll think about becoming BIG. Because if I can afford to have this done, I can certainly afford big clothes that fit. Until then I choose to go to the gym to stay fit and toned, and have my pick of anything off the Wal-Mart rack. And no, I dont mean Wal-Greens. I'm in the one size fits all catagory and am quite comfy, -budget wise!
  #26   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 6th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
Started my own architecture firm this year and decided I finally needed to get some dress clothes; no more polo-shirts and Silver Tab Levis, everyday.

There is NOTHING off the rack that fits me! I've got a 20" neck, and dress shirts only go up to 18" if you're lucky. Most fashionable sports coats stop at 48" or 50" chest, and even then they're usually LONG sizes. I would need a 52" or 54" SHORT.

I took the extravagance of having some jackets, pants, and shirts made at Brooks Bros. and, let me tell you, it felt GREAT to put on dress clothes that draped and fit like clothes you see on "normal" people!

The tailor said that with my legs, butt, and low hips I should never wear belted pants. Belts make your pants sit on your hips. A short, stocky man needs to have his pants hang higher at the waist. All my new pleated pants, with lots of booty room, now have suspender buttons sewn in and DAMN my ass looks good!

I also had a couple of vests made. If you want to look dressy, but don't want to hide your torso under a baggy jacket, start helping to bring back the vest. It's nice and trim over the stomach, and allows your shoulders, arms, and pecs to really come into their own.

It was expensive, but I haven't bought nice clothes since high school and it was more than time.

BigLittleTim
  #27   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 6th, 2005, 03:50 PM
dancer56

20" neck

Woooow. Your neck is actually as big as my thigh. Am I really that skinny??!
  #28   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Muscled Chub Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancer56
Woooow. Your neck is actually as big as my thigh. Am I really that skinny??!
You're going to get Tim all excited!

#29   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Muscled Chub Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLittleTim
There is NOTHING off the rack that fits me! I've got a 20" neck, and dress shirts only go up to 18" if you're lucky. Most fashionable sports coats stop at 48" or 50" chest, and even then they're usually LONG sizes. I would need a 52" or 54" SHORT.
Try Men's Wearhouse. They pride themselves in fitting hard-to-fit men. They even carry size 20 dress shirts. And if a garment is altered once, all future alterations are free. I have two sport jackets being altered even now. They are a size 46, but the tailor said to the salesman "he really could go up a size". But they didn't have 48s. So the tailor said he has enough room to let the jackets out in the back.

Now my two other jackets, a navy blazer and camel hair from MW may have to go back for a little letting out. Growth is a good thing... to a point.

I take a 46-48 Short in a jacket, 40 in pants and 17 1/2 32-33 in shirts. Tough combination!

#30   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
Clothes do oft' make the man.

Yeah, you've got some freaky proportions like me! The problem I've had with other "Big & Tall" stores,like Rochester's, is that they assume if you have a 52" chest you're also six-and-a-half feet tall. The standard Brooks Bros. "grey flannel bag" is not designed to show off the American male's physique, but rather to hide it. Big, drapey Mu-mu's.

Sadly, one of the prime functions of male formal-wear is to obliterate the body and put ALL the focus on a man's face. Unlike a woman's gown, which flaunts individual characteristics of the wearer, the keynote of a man's garments in annonymity. Someone once said that at a formal dinner at an English country house week-end the Baronet host, the banker guest, the butler serving the meal, and the bishop who says grace would all be dressed absolutely identically. Regardless of class, profession, common or aristocratic standing, there is only one default setting for men's wear in the West, and it is not designed to show off those flaring lats or bulging pecs!

How often have I heard a tailor or salesman say something like: "This jacket will really slim you down and make you look less bulky", or "you should never wear pants with darts as they will make your buttocks look too big." or best yet; "No man over 180 lbs. should EVER wear a double-breasted suit!"

I don't think they get it, do they?
  #31   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2005, 06:44 PM
dancer56

Tailor made clothes for musclemen

Aww, c'mon Tim! We're talking about gay guys here, like me. Women might demand their musclemen husbands to have the fine tailored clothes look that usually do drape. But as for me, I dont care if he uncomfortably struggles in a too tight, ready to bust a seam as I sit down, outfit! With collar that doesnt even fit. Even highwaters would look sexy to me if I could get a chance to have a glance at his muscled socked calves. Do I honestly care if your coat buttons?? How about going bare-chested in a TUX with suspenders. ha,ha. Man, I COULD go on. So I guess it depends on who you're trying to impress or what function you're attending. Why not a sleevless flannel shirt with jeans? You dont even need a wristwatch . .

Last edited by dancer56; November 11th, 2005 at 12:20 AM.
  #32   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 13th, 2005, 02:03 AM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Double-Edged Sword....

Interesting thread.....

While reading these posts, I could not help but think of the past....

When I was much younger and WAY thinner, I can remember thinking to myself "well, I may not be a big guy, but at least I look good in a suit", and trying to appease myself. And I was even told by a woman at a department store in Boston that I would make a good print model for their stores because could wear a "European Cut" very well. Mind you I was 6' tall and a whole 125 pounds.

Today I could not get my FOREARM in that suit. let alone wear it. To this end I have one suit and one tux tailor made just in case ...they are both made for a 55 chest and the shoulder pads removed! Dress shirt collars are the largest that I can find, and even then I do not keep them buttoned up for long as I start to get a headache. Dressing up was so much easier when I was smaller, but of course today I would not change a thing or give up one ounce of muscle
  #33   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 13th, 2005, 02:21 PM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
My "Interview Suit"

I dread going to interviews. When I worked in the banking industry, I was a lot smaller and had a number of different suits that fit snug but still pretty well. Thank God I'm no longer in banking because now I've completely outgrown them all. The last suit I purchased still fits but ...barely. I now only use it for interviews and funerals. It's funny but at work, if someone shows up in a suit, the supervisors get nervous and ask, "Job interview or funeral?" always hoping that it's the latter!
  #34   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2005, 04:57 AM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
Well Dancer it is very hard to get massive - i always find it funny when people say "oh I am trying to end up too big" as if just a few more reps or another protein bar and "boom" you've got a 50in chest and 30in thighs.....it is a hell of alot more work than that over a long dedicated period to even end up slightly big.

In some ways it mirrors the sort of conversation I have often with the "do you workout?" crowd...as if you end up putting on 30lbs or having 17in arms just by accident. Nothing to do with hard workouts 4 times a week whether you feel like it or not, soreness, eating alot, buying protein powder for years on end.....and then you look moderately beefy and get someone going "so you go to the gym every week then...."
  #35   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2005, 05:13 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
I here ya UK. I remember a newlywed couple where the new bride didn't want her new husband (a long time gym rat and friend) to workout too much because...now get this....she didn't want him to look like Lou Ferigno! We just looked at each other and laughed because we knew we'd all give our left nuts to look like him! She was completely unaware of the difficulty it took to get even HALF way to his musculature.
  #36   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Muscled Chub Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasmsl
She was completely unaware of the difficulty it took to get even HALF way to his musculature.
And if ignorance is bliss, she must have been delerious with joy.

#37   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2005, 11:15 AM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasmsl
She was completely unaware of the difficulty it took to get even HALF way to his musculature.
or the cost of the juice/GH to get that big.
  #38   Add to CanadianGordon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2005, 12:57 AM

CanadianGordon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CanadianGordon
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBeefy
or the cost of the juice/GH to get that big.
She could always forgo the cost of the wedding.
  #39   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 20th, 2005, 12:28 AM
dancer56

I dont want to get too big

[QUOTE=UKBeefy]Well Dancer it is very hard to get massive - i always find it funny when people say "oh I am trying to end up too big" as if just a few more reps or another protein bar and "boom" you've got a 50in chest and 30in thighs.....it is a hell of alot more work than that over a long dedicated period to even end up slightly big.
Well laugh all you want but I know for a fact I do not want to get too big. I dont want to flex my arms for some eye gawking lunatic. I dont want some nelly queen pawing over me. I dont want to buy special clothes. I dont want to eat broccoli all my life. And just because I might have a better advantage of finding a muscle bodybuilding husband by transforming myself into an adonis, doesnt mean I will want to put up with some of his macho smuck friends who find quality time gawking at other musclemen.

Last edited by dancer56; November 29th, 2005 at 06:38 AM.
  #40   Add to BB-61's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 3rd, 2005, 01:08 PM

BB-61 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to BB-61
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_mastah
I hear ya. I just had to buy a new dress shirt for a suit...all my others were too small in the neck again. Tommy's had way too much material at 17 34-35 around the waist for me, however, Jones New York though, seemed to be cut much slimmer so the material excess was better. Although I think I should have gone for the 171/2. The 17 is tight already!
Try Men's Warehouse... I think they go up to 22.5 neck. Which was a relief as I take a 18.5 - 34 shirt. and you just can't find that at J.C. Pennies everyday.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options