Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2005, 03:28 PM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
I really have no idea where to put this

so I'll put it here and hope that someone can sort out where it goes.

[COLOR=Blue]The wonders of a live news event[/COLOR]

Today in the UK, the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (David Blunkett MP, Sheffield, Brightside) was forced to resign over a financial issue that I don't fully understand, anyway, as soon as the news broke the BBC sent it camera teams all over London. One was placed outside Downing Street, one outside the Department of Work and Pensions office in Whitehall, one outside the Houses of Parliament and one in the form of a helicopter to keep tab on Mr. Blunkett's movements.

Now all of these cameras were trained on their targets for a good three hours and all the feeds were being sent to BBC Television Centre and were available to anyone viewing via enhanced television, and as I was watching some interesting questions came to mind.

Question 1: We all know that the civil service in the UK is trying to shake off it's image of being boring and all dressed in black suits, but since when did they start employing people at least 6ft 1, weighing between 200 and 220lbs wearing a short sleeved shirt which showed off biceps of at least 17 inches (if not more?)

Question 2: When a camera is pointing at something, why is there always one person (without fail) who tries to make an exhibition of himself or herself? In this case a rather "volumous" lady who tried to flash behind a BBC reporter by lifting her shirt (thankfully prevented by a Commons security guard?)

and finally, Question 3: You're stopping the traffic to cross the road and a very smart car stops to allow you to cross. At the same time you hear a helicopter and yet don't look to see who's in the car? How many people in that situation at least wonder who was being followed in a helicopter?
  #2   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2005, 03:42 PM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
If there are civil servants that size and shape I might consider a career in Whitehall.

Were they security types?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2005, 05:14 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
In the U.S.,

the F.B.I.hires some STUNNING,stunning men!I don't know how they expect them to"blend in".
  #4   Add to paarke's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 4th, 2005, 10:33 AM

paarke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to paarke
Well I'm a civil servant and I've been to Whitehall and I've never seen anyone looking like that. Just my luck! We could do with a Ministry of Muscle, that'd be worth filling in a transfer request for.
  #5   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 4th, 2005, 10:44 AM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
I always notice that the US FBI guys are always about two sizes bigger than the rest of the population - they seem only to hire those linebacker types who were 210 at aged 18 without really hitting the gym. Maybe they hire for the position of FBI protection squad locker room assistant...having to spend all day clearing up among big guys stripping off for showers...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options