Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2012, 05:32 AM

niko777 is on a distinguished road
Abscesses, boils and furuncles while bulking

Hi guys,

Am I the only one here getting abscesses, boils or furuncles on different parts of my body while bulking? They're driving me crazy. I'd like to know if you have tricks and tips to get rid of them.

A few days ago, a small mass appeared on the side of my ass crack. It was not the first time, and I kinda pressed it. Not strongly at all, but it kinda burst from the inside anyway.

Then, it started getting bigger and it's about the size of a golf ball now. It's to the point it's painful to sit and even walk. There is no white head, so even if I wanted to burst it to relieve the pressure/pain, I couldn't. Where I live, it's kinda difficult/long to be able to see a doctor, so I was wondering if any of you had come up with a kind of home remedy. I mean, if I try to take an appointment with my doctor, I'm gonna have to wait until the end of next week if I'm lucky, lol, and I don't want to go to the ER.

So far, I tried warms slices of onion, over the counter antibacterial cream, warm water, and vitamin E. Nothing worked at 100%. I would say that warm onion slices are what made the swelling/pain go away temporarily the most. Someone told me about a cream called ICHTHAMMOL, which is supposed to be some kind of drawing salve that makes the abscess mature fast and even burst by itself. Do you know if it's sold in Canada?

Anyway, I'll be waiting for your answers. I'm sorry if I gross some of you out, but it's really driving me crazy and I can't train at all, which sucks.

Thanks guys,

Niko
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Buffling's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2012, 06:21 AM
Evolving Jock

Buffling is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Buffling
This is not a normal part of bulking.

Go see a doctor.
  #3   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffling View Post
This is not a normal part of bulking.

Go see a doctor.
What I meant is that when I bulk, my legs and ass get bigger and there is more... friction involved. I think that's what caused it.

And as I said, I won't be able to see a doctor before days and going to the ER will make me wait 8-10 hours...

Anyone has tips and tricks to get rid of abscesses, bumps, boils and furuncles?
  #4   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2012, 07:21 AM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
i had a boil on my finger and I was leaning. So they are just a form of life man, if you don't do several things they will just appear and also it was my only one ever. So it could just be your body chemistry going through some changes. Try a cream
http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...&aparam=375328

This one it's cheap, it stinks but it will bust the fuck out of it. you need to keep that area super clean and you need to watch what you eat
  #5   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2012, 07:23 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
infection

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko777 View Post
What I meant is that when I bulk, my legs and ass get bigger and there is more... friction involved. I think that's what caused it.

And as I said, I won't be able to see a doctor before days and going to the ER will make me wait 8-10 hours...

Anyone has tips and tricks to get rid of abscesses, bumps, boils and furuncles?
You can try the home remedies you mentioned to temporarily relieve the symptoms. The bigger problem is that this is symptomatic of an infection. If you don't get it treated, by having the abcess lanched by a medical professional, and then followed up by a course of antibiotics, you are at risk of becoming very ill with septicemia. Believe me, once you have a fever and are seriously ill and feeling like sh*t, an 8 hour wait in the ER is nothing! People die from blood infections! Get to the ER ASAP!

That's how I'd treat it!

Mdlftr
  #6   Add to nnnrg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2012, 08:25 AM

nnnrg is on a distinguished road
We don't necessarily think about it, but humans, like other mammals, have some specialized sebaceous glands that make, to put it blunt, stinky oils with pheromones.
We don't notice them that often unless they get infected.

You almost certainly have a bacterial infection that's growing in those glands, and you need to get it checked, because this can be a symptom of immune system issues, or of just having a new and nasty bacterium.

SEE YOUR DOCTOR.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nnnrg For This Useful Post:
DragonKnight (November 1st, 2012), FinalDanish (November 1st, 2012)
  #7   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTlifter View Post
i had a boil on my finger and I was leaning. So they are just a form of life man, if you don't do several things they will just appear and also it was my only one ever. So it could just be your body chemistry going through some changes. Try a cream
http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...&aparam=375328

This one it's cheap, it stinks but it will bust the fuck out of it. you need to keep that area super clean and you need to watch what you eat
Thanks, that's exactly the cream I was looking for, but it seems to be super rare in Canada. Just went to a drugstore and they didn't have it.
  #8   Add to Shippou's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2012, 09:35 AM

Shippou is on a distinguished road
UGH, I had something like this happen to me before. It was NOT pleasant. Couldn't sit properly EVER when it was around. After a few days I told my parents about it, and then it was straight to the goddamn hospital. They actually had me in the OR to cut the thing open and drain it. The worst part, though, was when they were changing the dressing on the wound (I think they stuffed it ><). So. Fucking. Painful. Seeing as they took rather harsh measures to get rid of the thing, I would think that having one around could be dangerous. I'd go to the doctor.
  #9   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2012, 09:45 AM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko777 View Post
Thanks, that's exactly the cream I was looking for, but it seems to be super rare in Canada. Just went to a drugstore and they didn't have it.
These guys are right but you can take care of this with a simple check up. Also you can order it online or just through your local drugstore it will take a few days for shipping.
  #10   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shippou View Post
UGH, I had something like this happen to me before. It was NOT pleasant. Couldn't sit properly EVER when it was around. After a few days I told my parents about it, and then it was straight to the goddamn hospital. They actually had me in the OR to cut the thing open and drain it. The worst part, though, was when they were changing the dressing on the wound (I think they stuffed it ><). So. Fucking. Painful. Seeing as they took rather harsh measures to get rid of the thing, I would think that having one around could be dangerous. I'd go to the doctor.
Damn, I don't want that!!!! :O :O :O I never went to the hospital, except to visit people. What the hell... I think I'll go to a "appointment free" clinic and see a doctor tomorrow first thing in the morning. Just to be sure.

That being said, I bought Buro-Sol, which is an antiseptic powder your mix with water to get a boils fighting solution. I put it twice on and so far the pain and the swelling seem to have diminished. Oh, and I don't have fever. I can sit, but when I get up it's painful.

Anyway, I'm still open for tips and tricks, and if it doesn't get better today, I'll go to the doctor tomorrow.
  #11   Add to cutlerfan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2012, 05:15 PM
Master of Muscle RP

cutlerfan has disabled reputation
I suggest you check with a doctor when you can but in the meantime; try using Hibiclens. It is a germ killing ointment used prior to surgery. It is available in the US so I hope you can find it where you are. It helped me to get rid of a boil and my sister has used it many times. Don't use it for more than a few days, don't apply it on your genitals, and be sure to see a doctor as soon as possible. Untreated you could develop an absess and get a massive infection requiring antibiotics, frequent bandage changes, and 'packing' of gauze into the wound which as someone mentioned..hurts like hell! Good luck and I hope this helps!
  #12   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:51 PM

Hi guys,

I just came back from the hospital, I spent about 3 days there.
I had what is called a "perianal cyst". It was very painful and I had to get a general anesthesia in order to get operated. Now it's not so bad, but the last three days have been the worst days of my life. It was horrible. My life really was in danger and I was treated quite fast, because the infection was going to spread through my body. I think it was already in my blood, which would explain the huge quantities of antibiotics I received.

So yeah, in the end, I treated a cyst as if it was a boil or an abscess and it was a mistake. Next time something like that happens, I will go see a doctor right away.

But thanks for your input, guys. I'm sure it will help someone else, if not me in the future.

Niko

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options