Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2005, 08:54 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Social problems....

...for big guys.Just some assumptions some folks make about muscly guys.#1)If you spend that much time in the gym,you must have no other interests.#2)If you're that big&strong,you have no feelings(emotional)#3)If you're that big,it's just steroids.Any comments?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2005, 11:02 PM
dancer56

dancer56 is on a distinguished road
Gym Chit Chat

You know what really disturbs me? Is that I go to the gym, do my little workouts to the best of my strenuous abilities, and the BIG GUYS in there are just sitting around or standing around B.S.ing. with each other. I hardly ever see big huge guys going thru the trauma of working out. The only time I see em work up a sweat is in the workout videos. So when do they get BIG? Do they first do everything at a home gym and then hob nob later at a public gym? Once in awhile I do, but sometimes I think it's more for show than a real workout. It's like the gym is a more social event. Not for me, it's like going to the doctor's office three times a week. And the big ARNOLD said lifting weights was like having an orgasm??!
  #3   Add to Aikuchi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 6th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Always a fan.

Aikuchi is on a distinguished road
Hmmm,

The gym I just joined has a healthy numbers of large guys that socialize somewhat (little conversation) and a lot of working out. Lotsa sweat and muffled grunts too.

Maybe its an asian thing :/ ....
  #4   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 6th, 2005, 07:13 AM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
I think you'll find the big guys do workout - You can't buy those muscles from a catalogue.

One of the things I have noticed is that some people (in fact most of the people in my gym) do a frantic workout with appalling form - reps knocked out as if it is a race. It is much harder to workout slowly and deliberately, feeling the individual muscle working on both phases of the exercise.

If you look carefully you'll tend to notice the big guys are working out in slow, measured heavy reps with rest inbetween. Obviously some people take that rest to extremes but if you are wanting to add size good rest periods are key.

The other thing also is many big guys have been lifting since they were 18 or less so they may have 15 yrs weights experience. That builds a physique slowly over time that ends up looking pretty impressive.
  #5   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 6th, 2005, 07:39 AM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Quite right,beefy!

A lot of guys DO work out too fast.I'm trying to get my partner to slow down a bit,right now.You basically want to rest long enough between sets for your breathing to get back to normal;but not so long that you lose the stress from the previous set.
  #6   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 6th, 2005, 04:09 PM
dancer56

dancer56 is on a distinguished road
workout rest-periods

Thanks big men, the only problem I have with those rest periods is interest control. Personally- I hated P.E. in high school. I was the one in "running" tallking to the geeks at the end of the line walking. There was a brief moment during this time I finally gave it my all, a friend timed me and the coach refused to believe I actually ran that fast. When I was in the Navy for a time, I got the hang of doing the nine mile run in great time at the front. So I know I can be athletic if I want to. But in the gym, my interest factor is limited cause I do it three time a week, and I personally want to go in, do it right, and go out. Again, Im not looking for bulk (on myself), Im looking to stay fit and limber. So I do whats required of me, I follow a basic plan, inspired by a MUSCLE HUNK Barry Demey (Wow, legs of death), do it without cheating on form, style, or weights (proper for me) and leave. Also do 30 minutes of CARDIO with two exercise groups.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options