The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 2.07 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 7th, 2012, 09:40 AM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
Healthy for the Holidays

So, I'm treating my diet like gospel now, because that's the only way to do it, but of course the holidays are coming up, which means FOOD and lots of it. I'm already planning my strategy to be as healthy as possible without pissing anybody off (Of course I love your cooking, mom!!), but I've already had to surrender to the fact that I will probably be eating less-than-ideally at least 3 days this month.

Anyone have any stories or tips about how they stay on track over the holiday season, diet-wise? Or do you just not bother?

For me, I've got a holiday pot luck this Sunday to go to. I know there will be turkey, so I'll have that. I'm bringing a side, so I plan to make that as body-builder-friendly as possible, and per my personal trainer's instructions, I will workout hard that morning and make sure I eat a small meal before the event so I won't be going in hungry.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 8th, 2012, 04:01 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Instead of torturing myself, I prefer to schedule my bulking around the holidays. I stay away from the cakes and cookies but their is more than enough meat and vegetables. Eat as clean as possible--the least amount of junk and high carbohydrate meals. Enjoy the higher fat content and protein content by working harder and heavier in the gym. Its ok to gain some weight over the holidays especially if a lot of it is muscle.
  #3   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2012, 05:35 AM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
For anyone curious, I survived the Holiday pot-luck - no gravy, no sweets, but somehow I still had a really good time.

Next year, though, I'm gonna be an asshole and pack my own meal before-hand, because this year I was the only person who brought any kind of vegetable that wasn't a white potato. Even at my mom's there's usually squash or green beans or SOMETHING. If I hadn't been prepared this night could have been a disaster.
  #4   Add to talln22's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2012, 05:53 AM
6ft8beast

talln22
Send a message via Yahoo to talln22
I hear ya

I hate to see the holidays come around for this reason. At work, a bunch of old women and a few guys that like to cook stuff in butter and sugar and brown sugar and more butter and deep fry...ugh. Then it's off to home to visit where it's typically not too bad, but gotta avoid the pitfalls.

At times at work, I will leave my stuff in the cooler in my truck and just make trips to the vehicle to get my eating in to avoid looking like I'm not trying any of their food and being rude. I've also done the "I'm not hungry, so I'll make a dish to take home" and put the food out for strays near the home.

The family has gotten the idea though that the eating habits have changed majorly for me and mom usually addresses it with a couple of really healthy dishes aimed my way. I'll offer to cook a dish or two which helps to make sure I'm getting the stuff I want somewhere.
  #5   Add to FRNKPBDY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:25 PM

FRNKPBDY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FRNKPBDY
Do what I do--make and bring a healthy meal to your party--chicken wraps, chicken, rice and beans, baked fish or even tuna casserole. Lots of people will see what you have and because they're more than likely trying to eat healthier--ABOUT TIME--will try some. I'm not saying you'll convert everyone to a healthier diet, but Rome wasn't built in a day. Neither was this bodybuilder's physique!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options