You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to lemapp's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 5th, 2005, 03:53 AM

lemapp is on a distinguished road
Trying to become a Sports Team Mascot

Hey everyone,

You have not heard that much from me in recent months. My father lost his battle with cancer during the summer. Then an opportunity came up where I could become a sport team's mascot. I've been pushing myself hard to make this happen. I finally got my interview last week. It is waiting game now.

Though what has upset me is that someone who I had gotten so much assistance with my mascot training went digging on the Internet and found that I was gay and that I've posted stories some of which are here. Then I'm accused of being a sexual prediator, pediphil and that I should be a furry. All of these things are way off base and I was shocked to receive this message from a guy who runs a professional baseball team's mascot program.

I know that I will weather this storm. I always have becuse I know that I'm right. It is just very difficult to know what people are capable of doing to someone else. I thought I had a friend, but I trust too easily because I would rather believe that someone is good instead of thinking they may be bad.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2005, 03:54 PM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemapp
Though what has upset me is that someone who I had gotten so much assistance with my mascot training went digging on the Internet and found that I was gay and that I've posted stories some of which are here. Then I'm accused of being a sexual prediator, pediphil and that I should be a furry. All of these things are way off base and I was shocked to receive this message from a guy who runs a professional baseball team's mascot program.
Tell him straight out that "my own personal sexual preferences should be no one's concern but mine" and that just because you have an "alternative lifestyle" shouldn't be taken into account when applying for a job as a team mascot
  #3   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2005, 05:43 PM

vlad is on a distinguished road
wow, this is like some sort of expose story one would read on Outsports or something.

and I totally agree with Celtic: you have nothing to hide, and your orientation should have nothing to do with the job as being a mascot. it's horrible think that whatever organization you're trying to join would think you're a sexual deviant or predater or something just because you're active in the online gay community. We're rooting for you!

ah, mascots are cool. I wish I could know what team you're trying out for, but I understand you probably can't say.
  #4   Add to Aikuchi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Always a fan.

Aikuchi is on a distinguished road
So consider this a very ignorant question:

The only experience about Sports Mascots I have is what I've seen on WEstern Television and whatever sports channel I happen to surf through in between my VCD's and DVDs.

I did not realize there was a tight screening process for the Mascot. Are they like part of the atheltic team as well or something?

Getting brainwashed by what the movies only show may have given me a skewed idea of what a mascot is and does. Espeically in those high school teen drama series

What does the Mascot do?
  #5   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2005, 09:00 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
OK,so you're gay....

Big f**king whoop.It doesn't make you a pedophile,unless they have information you're not telling us about.If you become a mascot,you MAY BE a furry!Or have feathers.Or alligator skin.I guess.I would think that being gay would be a HUGE help in being a mascot!Because you'd have to put up with a lotta shit!&gay people are used to that!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options