The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > General
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 2.78 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to Hulk2be's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2012, 08:49 AM

Hulk2be is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Hulk2be Send a message via MSN to Hulk2be Send a message via Yahoo to Hulk2be
Pro Card?

I realize some of you will probably think this is a dumb question and wonder how I can be so stupid, but what does it mean when it is said that someone earned their pro card? And what exactly is a pro card?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2012, 09:15 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk2be View Post
I realize some of you will probably think this is a dumb question and wonder how I can be so stupid, but what does it mean when it is said that someone earned their pro card? And what exactly is a pro card?
A pro card is (in laymen's terms) a ticket to compete in professional competitions. It is usually awarded as a prize at an amateur contest which has links to professional organisations.
  #3   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2012, 09:46 AM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
To answer your question a Pro card here in the United States allowes you to compete in the I.F.B.B. which is the professional division of bodybuilding. The pros compete for money and prizes amatures don.t . You can only get a I.F.B.B. pro card here in the states by competing in the N.P.C. which is the largest amature bodybuilding organization here in the states. there are other amature organizations and other pro cards in them but the I.F.B.B. is the top of the sport. At present there are only 5 amature shows you can earn a pro card in and the amount varies in those contest. They are Nationals. North Americans, The USA, Teen collegete Masters Nationals( cards only in masters sections) and Team Universe.
One has to qualify to enter one of these shows by placing in a national qualifying show. Dependig on the show it could be top 3 or top 5 in the weight pr height class. hope this helps
  #4   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2012, 05:55 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJOEY View Post
To answer your question a Pro card here in the United States allowes you to compete in the I.F.B.B. which is the professional division of bodybuilding. The pros compete for money and prizes amatures don.t . You can only get a I.F.B.B. pro card here in the states by competing in the N.P.C. which is the largest amature bodybuilding organization here in the states. there are other amature organizations and other pro cards in them but the I.F.B.B. is the top of the sport. At present there are only 5 amature shows you can earn a pro card in and the amount varies in those contest. They are Nationals. North Americans, The USA, Teen collegete Masters Nationals( cards only in masters sections) and Team Universe.
One has to qualify to enter one of these shows by placing in a national qualifying show. Dependig on the show it could be top 3 or top 5 in the weight pr height class. hope this helps
BigJoey,
Are the 5 amateur shows all held at the same time every year? Is there a comptetion "season" during the year when all the bodybuilding shows are held? In other sports you have the regular season and then the divisionals and then the finals. Is that true in bodybuilding? Is there some sort of "bracket" system or playoffs leading to the Olympia?

I know that traditionally the Olympia (held worldwide?) is the "superbowl" of bodybuilding. Is that still true? Are there other contests which now rival or surpass it in importance? The Arnold, for example- is that more important?

Thanks for your answers,

Mdlftr
  #5   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2012, 10:22 AM

suma is on a distinguished road
the Pro Card system is an easy way to say that a given bber thru winning a show or placing high enough at other shows has proven and displayed his ability and knowledge at competitive bbing. That he has the conditioning and size level to compete at a pro level.

It helps with sponsorship, and other jobs that a bber may get hired for.
  #6   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 6th, 2013, 02:22 AM

the contest season starts late Jan and finishes early dec. The 5 pro qualifying shows are held the same time each year between july and november . the 5 shows are the following

teen collegete masters nations ( cards in masters only)

team universe

the USA'S

Nprth Americans

Nationals
  #7   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 6th, 2013, 02:25 AM

In the Pro ranks you either have to place in the top 4 at the Arnold or the Olympia or win or place 2nd at any other pro show to get a Olympia invite. there is the 212 class and under and 212 and over thats it

In the amature it goes by weight in bodybuilding, height in mens physique
or age and weight in bodybuilding it depends on the contest.
  #8   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 6th, 2013, 06:26 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJOEY View Post
the contest season starts late Jan and finishes early dec. The 5 pro qualifying shows are held the same time each year between july and november . the 5 shows are the following

teen collegete masters nations ( cards in masters only)

team universe

the USA'S

Nprth Americans

Nationals
So if I understand this correctly,
the contest season of bodybuilding events lasts 12 months during the year, starting in January and running into December. The most significant events, in terms of allowing a competitor to advance from amateur to pro status, that is, making money off a competition, occur in the five months of July thorough November. These are the 5 qualifying shows you listed above.

The NPC is the recognized certifying authority for professional bodybuilders. It recognizes 5 different qualifying shows by which competitors can advance to the pro ranks.

The pro shows include the Olympia, which is the most prestigious title, followed by the Arnold, and others? Southern States? NYC Night of Champions? [ I don't know what the pro shows are]

Bodybuilders can make money competiting as pros. On the side, apart from competition, they can make money by posing for private customers who pay them for flexing. They can also do other sideline activities like sell "supplements" be spokespersons for companies, become personal trainers or own or manage gyms.

Does that about cover it?

Mdlftr

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options