The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to grywlf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 15th, 2005, 03:46 AM

grywlf is on a distinguished road
just noticed

my arms used to measure 16 un flexed and 17 flexed at best now there 15 unflex 16.8 flexed so even though they measure slightly smaller i think i have more muscle and less fat now they definatly look much bigger then before
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 15th, 2005, 08:02 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Congratulations on getting your arms much more toned. It is odd that the numbers seem to be headed down, but numbers lie. I try to go more off of what the mirror says, and it sounds like your mirror is giving you lots of love...
  #3   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 15th, 2005, 04:35 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Send a message via Yahoo to hulkmuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
Congratulations on getting your arms much more toned. It is odd that the numbers seem to be headed down, but numbers lie. I try to go more off of what the mirror says, and it sounds like your mirror is giving you lots of love...
Brent's got the right line o' thought on this. Screw the measuring tape. It drove me nuts when I'd measure and not notice at least a sixteenth of an inch difference from week to week, and I have a feeling most of us guys here tend to be obsessive about such things.

Let the mirror be your ruler. People ask me if my chest is 50 inches; it's maybe 46 at best(I take a 46-48 suit depending on the cut). Even my arms, which I dont like, people guess 17-18. Fine, let em think that if they want. Hell, let ME think that.

Bodybuilding's about illusion, but the mirror doesn't lie. If your waist looks too thick, add more cardio and work on your lower lats to increase your V. Whether your chest is 38 or 48, it's more about how it looks than the actual measurement. I think it's a hard lesson for some of us though.

My friend Leo at my gym competes, he's only 5'4, but the boy is huge. I overheard one day talking about his measurements. His chest is like 44, his arms are 16, but they LOOK enormous on his little frame. In some of the bodybuilding forums, unless you claim (as many falsely do) that you have a 50 inch chest and 20 inch guns you're looked at as a neophyte or some kind of wannabe.

There's also a quote, and unfortunately I can't remember the source: "I'd rather look at a solid, peaked 17 inch arm than a shapeless 20 incher anyday."

Use what you got, make the most of it, and make it work for you. Don't let the ruler discourage you.

That'll be five cents, please.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #4   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 15th, 2005, 08:40 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Don't f*** wit'da Wolf!

You're STRONG,dude!Having read your workouts,you'd HAVE to be making gains!Congratulations!
  #5   Add to grywlf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 15th, 2005, 09:22 PM

grywlf is on a distinguished road
thanks i have been working hard lately i agree about the height thing very hard to fill out when your just under 6ft5 where as someone 5ft10 with the same stats would look huge

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options