The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to deetrakt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 20th, 2005, 01:51 PM

deetrakt is on a distinguished road
Holiday Grab Bag

Here's the deal--I've assembled some muscle pic scans suitable in scale/shape for use as desktop images, etc. Three or four posts' worth. Some greats of past and present and a few quirky choices just to mix it up. Nobody will like all of them but everybody should find something to his/her taste. Happy Holidays!

Starting off, we have forum fave Mike Mentzer, Branch Warren, Victor Martinez, Gustavo Badell, Jay Cutler, Markus Ruhl, Kevin Levrone and Mentzer with Arnold:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/d...G/mentzer1.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/d...G/bwarren1.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/d...icmartinez.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/d...tavobadell.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/d...SG/cutler1.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/d...markusruhl.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/d...G/levrone1.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/d...tzerarnold.jpg
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Gymini29's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 20th, 2005, 07:40 PM

Gymini29 is on a distinguished road
cutler 1 pic

great picture of jay cutler, but....

can his eyebrows get any more tweezed??

gymini29
  #3   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 20th, 2005, 10:52 PM

mango is an unknown quantity at this point
It's called Christmas

I believe the holiday you're referring to is called Christmas. If I hear that ubiquitous and meaningless word holiday again I'm going to barf in my eggnog. And if I hear another tv commercial bastardizing a Christmas carol to sell a Honda or some other crap I'm gonna get a gun and I'm gonna...
  #4   Add to ashleydelfin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 20th, 2005, 11:46 PM
=^^=

ashleydelfin has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to ashleydelfin Send a message via Yahoo to ashleydelfin
To be fair, the bastardizing of Christmas songs is not new. And then there's the bastardizing of non-Christmas songs into Christmas songs.

Anywho, I found this guy while surfing the net the other day. His name is Clifford Barnes, he's 22, a musclemania junior, and Australian.

You could say the image does not fit the thread, BUT he's already on my wallpaper. *sigh* And Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Joyful Hanukkah, Jolly Yule, Feliz D?a de la Virgen de Guadalupe, Felices Posadas!!
  #5   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 21st, 2005, 01:19 AM

It's Christmas, fool

Christmas, like New Year's is a big holiday. It doesn't need to share it's spotlight with any other holiday. Certainly not one invented in my lifetime on a college campus, nor a minor Jewish holiday, nor the feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe, nor Yuletide. Yule is the name for a whole week that begins on Christmas. But at least it's culturally relavant to those 95% of us who grew up blinded by Christmas lights. Tradition, like any language on earth minus Esperanto doesn't need religion to prop itself up with. It just is until people decide it isn't anymore. Christmas is the red letter day in northern European and North American calendars. It's our Easter, our big New Year's. Other peoples can celebrate their holidays. Leave us the ones we were born with.
  #6   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 21st, 2005, 03:19 AM
dancer56

dancer56 is on a distinguished road
Hawaiian holiday. . .

AND VISIONS OF SUPERPLUMS DANCED IN MY HEAD. . .http://members.aol.com/flexbroker/mdragna.html
  #8   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 21st, 2005, 04:38 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
So are you channeling Bill O'Reilly as joke or because you believe this crock o' hoeey? Just curious.

In a fine holiday spirit...

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango
Christmas, like New Year's is a big holiday. It doesn't need to share it's spotlight with any other holiday. Certainly not one invented in my lifetime on a college campus, nor a minor Jewish holiday, nor the feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe, nor Yuletide. Yule is the name for a whole week that begins on Christmas. But at least it's culturally relavant to those 95% of us who grew up blinded by Christmas lights. Tradition, like any language on earth minus Esperanto doesn't need religion to prop itself up with. It just is until people decide it isn't anymore. Christmas is the red letter day in northern European and North American calendars. It's our Easter, our big New Year's. Other peoples can celebrate their holidays. Leave us the ones we were born with.
  #9   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 21st, 2005, 07:19 PM

I loathe O'Reilly. I loathe Republicans and fundies. I also loathe trendy changes to the language and to custom which usually spread because no one's taken the time to pay attention to anything except what sounds cool. I hate substituting meaningless words in place of those redolent in layers of meaning. I hate the Holiday that dares to put it's faded jeans covered ass on Santa's antique red velvet throne. It's not that Christmas is all that, it's just that what's replacing it is none of anything.
  #10   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 21st, 2005, 07:21 PM

Oh yes, one more thing, Dragna can put his butt anywhere he wants and I'll never complain.
  #11   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 21st, 2005, 08:44 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Happy Saturnalia!!!!

...&may Herakles;the much-suffering,martyred Son of Zeus;the demi-god made God;grant you a seriously pumped-up New Year!!!!Cheers!
  #12   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 22nd, 2005, 01:03 AM
dancer56

My Mike D. . .

Quote:
Oh yes, one more thing, Dragna can put his butt anywhere he wants and I'll never complain.
Preferably right BEHIND mine with sugar STALK pumpin. ALOHA baby!!

Last edited by dancer56; December 23rd, 2005 at 03:29 AM.
  #14   Add to LCathson's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 22nd, 2005, 05:39 AM

LCathson is on a distinguished road
Red face Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
...&may Herakles;the much-suffering,martyred Son of Zeus;the demi-god made God;grant you a seriously pumped-up New Year!!!!Cheers!
And a very happy Rural Dionysia to you.

Leland
  #15   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 22nd, 2005, 03:55 PM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Now what's so complicated about that?
  #16   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 22nd, 2005, 04:06 PM

I love the shot of Mentzer and Padilla. I was in love with Padilla, from a distance, three decades ago. And saw him once at a contest in San Jose. He seemed to notice my boyfriend, who was also short and a bodybuilder, c'est la vie.
  #17   Add to LG2005's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 22nd, 2005, 07:36 PM

LG2005 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I loathe O'Reilly. I loathe Republicans and fundies. I also loathe trendy changes to the language and to custom which usually spread because no one's taken the time to pay attention to anything except what sounds cool. I hate substituting meaningless words in place of those redolent in layers of meaning. I hate the Holiday that dares to put it's faded jeans covered ass on Santa's antique red velvet throne. It's not that Christmas is all that, it's just that what's replacing it is none of anything.
Ah, somebody I can appreciate.
  #18   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 22nd, 2005, 08:20 PM

glammaman2000
Historical reference.

"Season's Greetings"&"Happy Holidays"go back to when I was a tiny tot&I'M OLD!They significantly pre-date blue jeans as all-occasion wear.I always found"X-mas"the more offensive term.It seemed to imply negation.
  #19   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 22nd, 2005, 11:51 PM

I'm 55. When I was a kid we were Christmas'ed to death. The Holidays were Christmas and New Years, a week apart and all vacation time in between, if you were in school. The Holidays has become the Holiday, which is a euphamism for Christmas. Christmas is usually overdone but what can you do when people insist on pinning too much on one day. Changing the name to something innocuous doesn't change that. The best thing about Dec. 25th are the customs that have grown up around it. Most of them are for kids but we were all there once. I resent disrespecting Christmas by hiding it behind a meaningless facade called the Holiday, as if we were embarrased by all the old fashioned sentiment. We don't have anything to be ashamed of. Christmas is a grand old celebration with pre-Christian roots but you can't take the last 2,000 years out of it without reinventing the whole thing from scratch. We're going to end up with two New Year's Days a week apart until someone bright realizes two in one week is one too many.
  #20   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 23rd, 2005, 03:31 AM
dancer56

Milos can grab me anytime. .

http://www.bodybuilders.com/milos.htm
  #22   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 23rd, 2005, 08:56 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
X-mas

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
"Season's Greetings"&"Happy Holidays"go back to when I was a tiny tot&I'M OLD!They significantly pre-date blue jeans as all-occasion wear.I always found"X-mas"the more offensive term.It seemed to imply negation.

With full respect for your good intentions: "X-mas" is an abbreviation for "Christmas". The "X" in this case is from the tradition of substituting Christ's name with the symbol of the cross= "X"

It's a theologically valid (and respectful) abbreviation.

Mdlftr
  #23   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 23rd, 2005, 11:31 AM

falseyedee is on a distinguished road
on the subject of "christmas", last night i watched "unwrapping christmas" on the history channel. it was a look at the history and origin of christmas holiday traditions. i kind of new that most of what we've built around the holiday is a sham, but wow. i didn't realize that most of our most strongly held traditions are only about 100 years old. didn't know, for instance, that the puritains were so anti-christmas that it was actually outlawed for a while and that it was such a minor holiday that congress actually met on christmas day up into the 1850's. generally in the early years of the u.s. the holiday was seen as decadent and papist.

the whole "family centered" holiday thing was actually a victorian reaction to the increasingly violent christmas riots in big cities. it was the christmas riots of 1827 or 28, i can't remember, that gave rise to the founding of the nyc police force. the victorians changed the drunken, partying nature of the holiday in order to deal with their own middle class guilt about the poor and as a way of taking away the more "unseemly" aspects of the way the holiday had been celebrated.

this isn't to say that the various bits and bobs of christmas weren't used in different countries. many of the traditions are continuations of pagan traditions related to the solstice celebrations. but the way americans celebrate the holiday is really a very modern construction.

on the other hand, festivus, the holiday for the rest of us, which came to light in an episode of seinfeld in 1997 is becoming a new substitute holiday for thousands of people. created in 1966 by the father of one of the seinfeld writers, it's taken hold in a way no one had expected. there is even a company selling festivus poles. while i find the airing of grievances and the tests of strength both unnecessary and unseemly, i applaud the anti-materialistic nature of festivus. today is the "official" festivus day.

today we live in a very multi-cultural world, especially those of us in big cities, where the holy days and holidays of various groups, ethnicities, religions, et. al, coincide at this time of year. frankly, i find most of them ridiculous and sappy, but they have meaning for others. i'm not offended if somebody wishes me a merry christmas, though i don't observe that particularly religious aspect of the season, but some people are. isn't it easier, more polite and more inclusive to wish somebody a "happy holiday", which ever one it is they're observing?

if not, a
happy festivus!
happy christmas!
merry giftmas! [the holiday i celebrate]
happy hanukkah!
merry solstice!
and a very cool yule to you all!
  #24   Add to deetrakt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 23rd, 2005, 11:59 AM

[QUOTE=falseyedee]
today we live in a very multi-cultural world, especially those of us in big cities, where the holy days and holidays of various groups, ethnicities, religions, et. al, coincide at this time of year...........isn't it easier, more polite and more inclusive to wish somebody a "happy holiday", which ever one it is they're observing?

I've deliberately steered clear of the ongoing discussion of holiday terminology, but what you said, especially the lines above, is so measured and sensible that I have to highlight and second it. While "Happy Holidays" and "Seasons Greetings" may be bland and non-specific, I think it makes sense to use them when you're not sure another term would be appropriate or welcome. That's why, in starting this thread, knowing it could be read by thousands of people, none of whom I know personally, I chose this form.
  #25   Add to deetrakt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 23rd, 2005, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I love the shot of Mentzer and Padilla. I was in love with Padilla, from a distance, three decades ago.
A special Christmas treat for mango:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/d.../SG/danpad.jpg

PS At the time of this photo, last year, Danny Padilla was 53 years of age! He's with Lance Johnson, who's about 10 years younger and, as you can see from Johnson's wide grin, a few inches taller (Padilla competed successfully as a pro at 5'2"). Padilla, who had had quintuple bypass surgery the year before this pic, was planning to come back and compete in the Masters Olympia. Don't know if he made it, but he does look remarkably young and healthy.
  #26   Add to ashleydelfin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 23rd, 2005, 11:11 PM
=^^=

ashleydelfin has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to ashleydelfin Send a message via Yahoo to ashleydelfin
Felices Fiestas!

I got some pics! First of all, Batman as we all would like to see him (got it from a Y!group):
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...atman-1111.jpg
Next, one of my fave guys EVER, Ramon!
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...nalphamale.jpg
And as "gift" of sorts, I made some wallpapers (just some collages, really) with pics of Ramon:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...n/Ramon_WP.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1.../Ramon_WP2.jpg

... sigh ...

And I'd like to take this time to wish y'all a Merry Christmas. Hope you've been good, otherwise Santa will only leave you coal! Have a nice Christmas dinner, and if you're cooking remember: chocolate is a MUST for any important occassion (I'm making a chocolate cake with white chocolate frosting myself). Feliz Navidad, guys!
  #27   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2005, 12:05 AM

The Solstice

I just want everyone to know, regardless of your faith, I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and ofcourse a Happy New Year.
  #28   Add to deetrakt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2005, 03:57 AM

Final Installment

Mike Mentzer, Flex Wheeler and Lee Priest, Ed van Amsterdam, Shawn Ray and
Dennis Newman, Dennis Newman solo, Ernie Taylor and Jay Cutler, Greg Plitz and
Shawn Ray solo:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/d...G/mentzer3.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/d...elerpriest.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/d...namsterdam.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/d...hawndennis.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/d...nnisnewman.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/d...G/erniejay.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/d.../gregplitt.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/d.../shawnray2.jpg

Happy Holidays to All!!!
  #29   Add to rockhard's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2005, 06:50 AM

rockhard is on a distinguished road
Does the Ramon guy have his own web page?
  #30   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2005, 10:38 AM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
By even participating in this ridiculous "war on Christmas" discussion, we are handing O'Reilly a victory. Nothing is going on that hasn't been for many years. This is just another way for him to distract us from the issues the really matter. I have never watched that festering pustule of a man in my life, yet here I am, addressing something he started. Shows how far his reach has gotten. Scary.
  #31   Add to deetrakt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2005, 01:14 PM

(Mistakenly posted here--look under "Muscle Brothers")

Last edited by deetrakt; December 25th, 2005 at 01:22 PM.
  #32   Add to Aardvark2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Growing and Writing

Aardvark2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhard
Does the Ramon guy have his own web page?
Right here. Merry Christmas.
  #33   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2005, 02:54 PM

glammaman2000
Ramon is no guy.....

...he's a GOD!I'd been looking for pix of that kid!(that FACE!those proportions!)Thank you&a VERY MERRY Christmas!!!!
  #34   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2005, 03:03 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Send a message via Yahoo to hulkmuscle
His real name is Roberto Silvestri, and he's a very friendly guy. I've chatted with him a couple of times.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #35   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 26th, 2005, 12:28 AM

Dear Bull

I've never watched that Fox guy long enough to catch anything other than he was as noxious as his channel. But infact you are wrong, I called our local paper ten years ago to complain about holiday infiltrating our Christmas day off. They gifted me with a Sunday before Christmas recipe for Christmas Crab. And this doesn't distract me from anything. I don't do anything. And if I wasn't writing this crap I would be doing even less. If anybody has a problem with Christmas Day being a legal holiday they should complain to their state governments which make the laws in this arena. And yes, last I heard we got December 25th off in California at least, in honor of Christmas, not in honor of "holiday". Christmas was yesterday and I hope you enjoyed it. Today is the second day of the Feast of Lights, so for any Jews out there Happy Hannucka! I'm all in favor of giving it legal status so I suggest people stop dumping on Christmas and instead either try to repeal it or make their own favorite holiday a legal holiday, ie a bank, post office holiday. And just because some ideologue wraps himself in the American flag doesn't mean I'm gonna rush out and burn it. Shame on you for watching Fox.
  #36   Add to dancer56's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 27th, 2005, 07:09 PM
dancer56

My Type Of Man . . .

IM NOT INTO KIDS. NEVER HAVE BEEN, NEVER WILL BE, I DONT CARE HOW OLD I GET. I LOVE MEN, REAL MEN AND WITH SOME SIGNS OF AGING, BUT IN A NICE WAY. A PEDOPHILE I WILL NEVER BE. CASE IN POINT:http://www.eastcoastmuscle.com/Freeman/

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options