The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 44 votes, 2.80 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2003, 06:33 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Too big for training partner

I remember a while back when a couple of friends trained together. They were both about the same size (about 5' 9" and about 165lbs). I was roughly about that size too. But sometime that summer the blond guy was suddenly overtaking us. He never said much about it but it was getting obvious that he was doing a cycle. His shoulders chest, back and thighs got thicker and he had to switch training partners as he passed the 190lb mark. His regular partner was no match for his strength increase. (His new partner was pretty big -about 235lbs) and they got into some mind boggling workouts. Needless to say, the blond guy continued to grow larger. His clothes got tight and he had the big guy type of swagger, I kept thinking that anyday his pants were going to split from the strain of his new treetrunk thighs. Shoot! it never happened though, at least not in front of me.
I was in awe of this guy that was my size a few months ago, so I had to ask him what it was like to be so big he was up to 215-220lbs at this point. He actually surprised me by saying that he wasn't used to being so large. He was carrying so much extra weight that running was out of the question, even jogging to his car was a workout and he would be winded.
I guess that happens when you get big relatively fast.
By the second cycle, he got so big that he was just as massive as the new training partner. He was just plain huge !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ottomun6 For This Useful Post:
drzaius (May 14th, 2013), MrSerpent (January 13th, 2013)
  #2   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 26th, 2003, 01:04 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Damn!

Do you still keep in touch with this guy? He must be getting huge by now. Can you get any pics of his progress?
  #3   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2003, 09:04 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Does anyone get BIG naturally?!

You know, this is a cool post, BUT.....

Does anyone ever get big Naturally? You know, hard workouts, good nutrition, sufficient rest, etc.

It's inspiring seeing how big some of these guys get, but, what about the "clean" folks? I may be wrong, but I think most of the readers/posters here don't use "chemical enhancements" (not including supplements, etc.) so it would be more impressive to see/read about someone who got big from busting butt!

Course, it takes so long, but it's that much more impressive when it happens!

BTW, there's a guy in my gym (about 5'9", maybe 180#?) who's been getting bigger over the last several months. He comes in 4X a week and really busts his butt--heavy benches, shoulder presses, leg presses. He seems to do about 6-8 sets of the major exercises. Close up, he's getting big--really full arms, pecs and legs. He always wears tight clothes (either black or blue) and never talks to anyone, so he's somewhat of a mystery. He's one of the few people who seems to be growing right now! It's not that he's so massive, it's just that he's really getting full muscles--looking good!

Course, if he turned out to be on 'roids (which I doubt--no zits, no flushing, no HUGE size, just consistent) that would really be a let down!

Keep lifting!

Mdlftr
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #4   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 29th, 2003, 06:02 PM

ottomun6
Sorry Brent, that was more than a dozen years ago and I haven't seen the guy since. And I don't have any pics either....God I wish I did!!

Mdlftr, I didn't mean to rock your boat bud, but I think we are more of a mixed group here. Like our fantasy stories- the bulk of them are about guys becoming enormous super musclemen. We all know its better to get big naturally because we don't have that "deflation" period or health problems to worry about. But on the other hand, we all love to see guys (obviously juiced up) grow huge muscles in a matter of a couple of months too.
I'm also natural and the best compliment I got in the gym was from a guy that took the stuff...he thought I was on the stuff too. I was muscular but thin then I got serious about eating more, resting more and training more. And my body finally packed on some size (about 20+ lbs) I told him this but he didn't believe me.
For a ex- skinny guy, this made me grin from ear to ear!
I know what its like to struggle for every pound, but so long as you program yourself to believe that you will break through that size barrier you will eventually will.
(Darn, did I start preaching again? sorry bout that)
  #5   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 30th, 2003, 03:24 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Thank you.

It's too bad you didn't keep in touch (I wonder what he looks like today). You made it sound like recent event, that happened to a fairly good friend. Thank you for responding!

Also,I am sure Mdlftr will get the results he seeks. He has made a decission to get big, and there is plenty of information on the internet. If you had before / after pics of gaining 20 lbs, I'm sure that would inspire him (and the rest of us). However, I am sure that within 2 years, I will log-in here, and see his pics as a big, pumped, natural stud! It's just that it takes so damned long naturaly, so you must stay committed, and get right back into it after a set-back. For example, I went to the Alpine slides at Mt. Hood's Ski Bowl , bumped out of my sled, and scraped most of the skin off my left tricep.... Then I recovered (after 3 weeks), a few weeks later I got bad stomache flu, and now I'm recovering from a Summer cold. That's life, you take a break to recover, and get back on track. I wish everyone all the best in reaching there goals.
Brent.
  #6   Add to massmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 31st, 2005, 03:45 PM

massmuscle is on a distinguished road
Talking

Kind of on the same vein, but from a different perspective. Personal story. Two years ago I had my first serious training partner. I had already dropped a net 35 pounds from a fat 270pds. I also had probably added about 15 pounds of muscle in the previous years and things were starting to come together for me. This guy who I had spotted on and off for a while noticed and asked if I would want to train together, we were always there at the same time. He was jacked, ripped, muscular, defined - everything I wanted - so I said fuck yes. We trained together 6 months and i had great progress. He finally asked me about my cycle. I said, what cycle? He assumed I was juicing because the progress was so good and I was getting to the point where it was hard to tell who was more jacked. About two months later, I did my first cycle, and I just started getting so jacked. i was prepping also for my first show, so I was getting larger and more cut at the same time.

Then the jealousy started. All of a sudden, all the compliments were coming my way. People were coming up to him and asking about me. People talking about what an amazing transformation I went through, etc... (I did go from over 30% bodyfat to about 7% in 2 1/2 yrs). All of sudden, he couldn't train with me for this reason or that. Trust me, I had no attitude toward him. I was grateful that he took me seriously as a bodybuilder, even before I took myself seriously. Then, he wanted to diet down when I wanted to bulk up or the opposite.

never see him anymore except once in a blue moon. and he always compliments me but has never asked to train together again. at this point, i am about 245# and outweigh him by about 50 pounds. ok, maybe that did sound a little snobbish!
  #7   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 31st, 2005, 04:16 PM

ottomun6
Congrats on getting huge Massmuscle!! I have often wondered if it is a little bit easier for guys that are heavy set to pack on the muscle size as opposed to the thin guy.
Heavy set guy's tendons and ligaments are already built for a heavier frame.
While thin guys have to overcome the whole idea of getting bigger.
By any chance was your training partner thin (or maybe just slender) before lifting?
...funny... this whole "getting bigger muscles than the guy that was more muscular than you" sounds like it would make a nice muscle-growth story
  #8   Add to muscle_mastah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 31st, 2005, 05:58 PM

muscle_mastah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscle_mastah
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomun6
Congrats on getting huge Massmuscle!! I have often wondered if it is a little bit easier for guys that are heavy set to pack on the muscle size as opposed to the thin guy.
Heavy set guy's tendons and ligaments are already built for a heavier frame.
I always thought it was just me, that I haven't been training hard enough like the other big guys. Maybe it's cop-out but I think genetics play a much bigger part then we think. It hasn't detered me from growing bigger, but I do think it's going to take me alot longer to get to as huge as I wanna get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomun6
...funny... this whole "getting bigger muscles than the guy that was more muscular than you" sounds like it would make a nice muscle-growth story
yeah, sounds like a great start there!
  #9   Add to muslguy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2005, 08:22 AM

muslguy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muslguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by massmuscle
Kind of on the same vein, but from a different perspective. Personal story. Two years ago I had my first serious training partner. I had already dropped a net 35 pounds from a fat 270pds. I also had probably added about 15 pounds of muscle in the previous years and things were starting to come together for me. This guy who I had spotted on and off for a while noticed and asked if I would want to train together, we were always there at the same time. He was jacked, ripped, muscular, defined - everything I wanted - so I said fuck yes. We trained together 6 months and i had great progress. He finally asked me about my cycle. I said, what cycle? He assumed I was juicing because the progress was so good and I was getting to the point where it was hard to tell who was more jacked. About two months later, I did my first cycle, and I just started getting so jacked. i was prepping also for my first show, so I was getting larger and more cut at the same time.

Then the jealousy started. All of a sudden, all the compliments were coming my way. People were coming up to him and asking about me. People talking about what an amazing transformation I went through, etc... (I did go from over 30% bodyfat to about 7% in 2 1/2 yrs). All of sudden, he couldn't train with me for this reason or that. Trust me, I had no attitude toward him. I was grateful that he took me seriously as a bodybuilder, even before I took myself seriously. Then, he wanted to diet down when I wanted to bulk up or the opposite.

never see him anymore except once in a blue moon. and he always compliments me but has never asked to train together again. at this point, i am about 245# and outweigh him by about 50 pounds. ok, maybe that did sound a little snobbish!
I have never done a cycle and my stats are 5'10" 185lbs 45ch 17a 32w. I have always had a high metabolism and found it hard to put on weight. I have been working out since 1993 and have found that eating a lot will put the pounds on me. I'm starting to believe that it is easier for guys that are already heavy to put on the muscle than it is for guys that are skinny trying to bulk up.

I'm not really sure of this is true. Any thoughts?
  #10   Add to hecad84's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2005, 09:58 AM

hecad84
Send a message via AIM to hecad84 Send a message via Yahoo to hecad84
The "heavy guys build muscle easier than skinny guys" belief is certainly nothing new, and I'm sure won't be going away anytime soon, though I do wonder if any actual research or studies have ever been done on this, or if its just a common accepted belief, like many of the dieting beliefs that science are starting to disprove. I myself fall into the heavy guy catagory. Before I started exercising, I had hit a fat 275 pounds, and it took three years of cardio, eating like a bird, and constantly feeling hungry to make it down into the 160's, and even there, my body fat percentage was still in the mid-upper teens, and it has refused to come any lower.

Anyway, when I got down into the 160's, I switched my focus from fat loss to muscle growth, and started hitting the weights. I lifted for two years, and while I did tone up, I had nothing in the way of size even after two years. Grossly disappointed and fet-up, I haven't lifted now in some time, though I do continue with the cardio because I refuse to get fat again.

I think it is most likely genetics more than anything else that determines a person's muscle potential. Even if heavy guys, generally speaking, do build muscle easier than skinny guys, they have the problem of also storing fat alot easier too, and thus hiding their muscles. I personally find a smaller person with great definition alot more physically attractive than a big person that's smooth.

As for my own story, maybe and hopefully I'll start working on it again soon. I never did lose interest in building muscle, and its still a fantasy of mine to one day feel confident in ripping my shirt off, I just got so incredibly discouraged. But I finally have my first boyfriend, we met three months ago, and we took an interest in each other for the things that really count, personality, similar interests, chemistry, and we both think the other is cute, but I do know that muscle is also an attraction for him, even though he has no desire to build any himself, and not only do I still want to have some muscles, but I'd also like to please him, as well as hear the nice comments that happen to come out when we're cuddling.
  #11   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2005, 04:24 PM

ottomun6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hecad84
...Anyway, when I got down into the 160's, I switched my focus from fat loss to muscle growth, and started hitting the weights. I lifted for two years, and while I did tone up, I had nothing in the way of size even after two years. Grossly disappointed and fet-up, I haven't lifted now in some time, though I do continue with the cardio because I refuse to get fat again...
Hecad, have you tried doing some powerlifting? I'm wondering if your muscles didn't get that "oomph" (the mind to muscle contact- you KNOW your muscles are hitting it hard). Where maybe an ex-skinny guy like me would probably end up struggling- you might end up going for reps.
And by all means, I don't mean get out there tommorrow and try to bench 330 lbs, but maybe ease into the heavier weights. Maybe 7 or 8 months later you could find yourself a LOT stronger and tempted to put a little more on the bar each week.
  #12   Add to polomuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2007, 02:30 PM

polomuscle
Send a message via AIM to polomuscle
if you really want to get HUGE you have to cycle.
  #13   Report Post  
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:29 PM
Chuckylnj

Must have been hot seeing him get that huge man!
  #14   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2008, 02:19 PM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
Too strong:

How about being so strong that no one wants to work-out with you?

I've been trying to get a regular work-out buddy for chest and can't get anyone to commit, or they try once and then say they can't keep up.

I've got a great training partner for legs and arse; he's a serious squatter and we keep each other motivated, but I can't find anyone to do upper body. Unfortunately my leg partner does chest with his partner/boyfriend.

-BigLittleTim
  #15   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2008, 03:17 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
<-- will change plates for Tim next time visiting Boston!

xoxo

Richard
  #16   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 24th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
Thanks Richard! You're too big yourself to be just a weight-caddy.

-BigLittleTim
  #17   Add to growmusclebull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2009, 01:45 PM
growing_muscle_bull

growmusclebull is on a distinguished road
I must grow

I MUST GROW

hey everybody...my dream has always been to grow HUGE....I started to work out several years ago and progess is certainly already visible....but now, I also met the perfect breeder::::: if you want too see and follow my progress in building up muscle loads....have a look at:

http://www.blogigo.de/Zucht_zum_Muskelbullen

post your ideas, suggestions or just comments## and: HAVE FUN !!!!!
  #18   Add to Harlee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:42 AM

Harlee is on a distinguished road
Kick that training partner to the curb. I found out that a bodybuilder has to be all about himself. My muscle growth and needs come first over any workout partner. That's the way it has to be for me when I need to grow.
  #19   Add to alexloramer's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:48 PM

alexloramer is on a distinguished road
Man sounds like this guy was either cheating or had some serious knowledge on how to build muscle. I would have picked his brain.
  #20   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 15th, 2010, 03:27 PM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
well growing massive takes time, work, food, money and lot of smarts. You can find guys to knwo how to grow a person but even still its has soemthing to do with your genetics. you can get massive but as i have pointed out before if you are building just weight and not muscle your wasting your time. If you need help growing then let me know but you have to listen. lots of guys don't and thats where they make the mistake.
  #21   Add to saab's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 13th, 2012, 08:15 PM

saab is on a distinguished road
I had a cool experience today at the gym. First time I ever asked for a spot and help putting a weight on my chest for dumbbell pullovers and my spot needed a spot. He was a younger kid that couldn't lift the dumbbell by himself so he asked his buddy to come help. They were pretty shocked when I repped it 3x. GRRR!!
  #22   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:59 PM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
What weight were you using for dumbbell pullovers? I never seem to go above 80 lbs just so i can get a good stretch and hit the bottom like I like .
  #23   Add to saab's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 14th, 2012, 02:40 AM

saab is on a distinguished road
Used the 125s- 2 of the three were a good stretch, the 3rd rep stretched back but couldn't make it back all the way up. I can rep the 80-90lb dumbbells, but always try to go higher.
  #24   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 14th, 2012, 08:02 AM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
Ah cool yeah with the 80s to 90s I use I go for 3 to 4 sets of 10 to 12, depending on how I'm feeling and usually my last exercise of the day
  #25   Add to lsosuke's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2012, 06:27 PM

lsosuke is on a distinguished road
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH I AM STUDYING FOR DOMINATE ( I HOPE THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND ME)

sugoiii , hmmm i want to have a parthner because go alone to the gym is too boring, i go to the gym in the university, my second semester ihave a kind of friend and he meet in my class of math is muscle his arms are too hot , he say that he have a little ass but i invited to my pool and he is lied, i see and its very nice and hot , the first time that he talk me in this moment he touched my little pec if could called pec, i am happy and angry because i hate that people touch me and more an unknown i wanted to go to gym but i cant because i talked ,studying and go out with him but i have a problem with him that reason dont want to talk with i have other friend he is good person with me i want to go with him but he didn't get the gym carnet he is thin and i am so fat in the stomach -.-'' i want to eliminate potbelly and have a six pack but i dont how and i need a friend for a motivation becuase i want be too strong masive and bigger , i am a I'm 1.85m tall and i weigth 83.7kg , and fatasy is tha i see me with muscle bigger with my friend i belive that i bisexual that is the reason for i want my thin friend in a muscle friendo XD

Last edited by lsosuke; June 22nd, 2012 at 06:31 PM. Reason: I NEED CORRECT ANY PARTS
  #26   Add to Perados's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 12th, 2013, 06:46 AM

Perados is on a distinguished road
a few years back, doring by studies - i moved to the "Ruhrgebiet" in germany, i met an quite interesting guy.
He was 21, turkish, around 6 food and 215 pounds, by a bf below 5% - you defenetly could tell that he did already more then one cycle. (something the always denied)
The problem was, that he only trained his uper body.

A 28" waist (with a greate 8pack) - 22" arms + massive underarms and hands - above 3 feed chest - and insane big shoulders and wide back
Just his legs looked like they belong to a 14 years old. - his argumentation was, cause he does kick-boxen, we wants to stay flexible and fast. Thats why he cant train them like his uper body. (if this is his argumentation, fine. Who am i to tell him wrong)

Doring the training he prefered to wear baggy sport jackets. Even on the street doring the summer, he prefered somekind of jacket (but mainly to small for his back und shoulders - i guess it was impossible for him to find some that fit)
But as soon as he was in a more private area (just you and him in the locker rooms) he became way more open to show off, as soon as you asked him.

We talked a lot, and often we talked about his massive muscles and his interests to grow. - it was rare, that he started to talk about it, but you could tell that he enjoyed it every time.
It was hard for me to believe, as he toled me that he was at 235 pounds (same bf), 12 month ago (a few month past his 20th birthday). But he became sick and lost a good 30 pounds. He wasnt sure if he wants to regain the weight. Doring our chats while training and flexing in the lockers, his desire to grow seems to increase.

But one day he was gone - for around 6 or 8 month. Then he returned, bigger then ever and close to 240 pounds at 22...

He still loved to flex and show off AND he loved to get touched (he still denied any kind of drug use)

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM AGAIN
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perados For This Useful Post:
Basement Jacked (August 9th, 2013), toby182 (May 18th, 2013), worshipper (April 13th, 2013)
  #27   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:42 AM

ottomun6
I hope he shows up again too. Maybe if he decides to build up his legs he might be more than 260 lbs !
  #28   Add to ThickRick's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2014, 09:55 PM
Horny Musclebear

ThickRick is on a distinguished road
Man, this reminds me of why I'm lifting, and why I am confident that I will pack on at least 25 lbs of muscle this year, maybe much more. I'm starting to look for gear next week when my bodybuilder roommate comes back from out of the country. I don't know enough of the big guys in the gym to ask, so it's going to take some searching. I wanna get fucking huge and bad, and by God I'm gonna do it, day by day, set by set, rep by rep.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options