The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to justnew's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 10th, 2003, 01:49 PM

justnew
a question

first: sorry, i'm an absolut beginner
i'd like to know how you do this totally amazing morphs! which programs do you use?

perhaps i can learn it...
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Report Post  
Old September 18th, 2003, 07:51 PM
LeatherGryphon

Hello JustNew,

There are many techniques used to create the images posted here and on other muscle morph sites. The easiest way to make
muscles look bigger is pretty easy. Try using "Paint", the basic painting program found on almost all Win95/98/ME/XP
computers.

Just play around with it until you learn how to select a rectangular area of the picture and then "copy" that
area (Use ctrl'C'), then paste it back into the picture (use ctrl'V') then drag the new picture fragment over top of the
old one, stretch it (use the menu "Image-->Stretch/Skew"). It takes a bit of practice to figure out what works and what
doesn't, but grabbing the area from the left side of the neck and covering the left arm, chest, and arm. By stretching it
horizontally it makes you man wider. Repeat for the right side. Use photos of muscle men that are standing directly
facing you. Note: When cutting and pasting image fragments into the picture you'll probably have to play with the two
bottom-most icons in the "Toolbox" (menu "View-->Toolbox") to affect how the overlaying image affects the image under it.

I've made lots of really nice images that way. Like anything else it takes practice to learn what works and what doesn't
and what's possible and what's not.

Beyond using "Paint", there are several other programs that get progressively more expensive. I've used "PhotoShop" quite
sucessfully using essentially the same technique as I used with "Paint" but PhotoShop lets you select the area to be
magnified very exactly instead of just a rectangular area. If PhotoShop is too expensive, try "PhotoShop Elements" it's
the low priced version but has many of the same features.

Remember just having the software is not the solution. Imagination and experimentation are a big part of any art.

Try working with "Paint". When the thrill of success of working with "Paint" wears off, think about what you need, find the
software to do it, and try that for a while. Work your way up, simple 2D, better 2D, good 2D, simple 3D, better 3D, good
3D.

There is a LOT to learn about digital image processing. It's a long road. Start with the first step. "Paint"!

LeatherGryphon
  #3   Add to benchdude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 19th, 2003, 05:46 PM

benchdude has disabled reputation
I got a question too while we're on this subject...
how do you morph mpeg's or avi's? I can't find any software out there that does editing or that kind of stuff for movies.
  #4   Report Post  
Old September 19th, 2003, 06:19 PM
LeatherGryphon

Hello benchdude,

I'm not quite sure exactly what you mean by morphing mpeg's or avi's. They are compressed video formats with much of the repetitive information between frames squeezed down significantly and effectively blurs the distinction of the term "frame". Any software that would edit them would essentially expand them back to a workable format with separate discrete frames then work on each frame one at a time.

There is software to do it automatically, I just can't bring their names to mind right now because they were so out of my price range ...thousand(s)... that I haven't paid much attention to them. However, if you want to attempt it manually (one frame at a time) you can use the full version of QuickTime6 for $29 and read mov's and avi's and "export" them as a sequence of png format images which can be edited (one frame at a time) by whatever method you choose. QuickTime,Premier and many other products, can convert from an image sequence to mov or avi format. ... Too much detail to go into here.

One frame at a time. (*bummer*)

LeatherGryphon
  #5   Add to benchdude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 20th, 2003, 07:04 PM

benchdude has disabled reputation
well, I don't know how it's done either, but I've seen a couple videos of women pumping up to absolutely enormous muscle mass [bigger than the biggest men so I know it's altered somehow] from some yahoo group, and I asked the person who posted them how they did it but they never responded.

here's the URL of them, but they're in a group you'd have to join to see them, but this is what I'm talking about. [like the two mpeg's with "exp" in the name]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ultrah...symuscle/files
  #6   Add to PumpedUp's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2003, 09:21 AM

PumpedUp
I am new here also....

Is it out of line to ask for someone to morph me??

I have a good foundation to start with, I work out HARD 5 days a week.
  #7   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2003, 10:28 AM
LeatherGryphon

morph you?

Not out of line at all. I'm not too busy at the moment and can give it whirl. Others could do it better but it's amazing what can be done in just a few minutes with the right tools and a little experience. Contact me through the private messaging service to discuss this further.

The best type of photo to work on is one with most of the body facing the camera (or facing away from the camera if you have a good back shot). As long as the body is not obscured by objects in the foreground the body can usually be easily lifted from the background, morphed and re-inserted back into the photo.

A muscle pose works well, but even a good relaxed pose will do. The pose should occupy the majority of the image space. As few clothes as possible. Clothes are a bit more difficult to morph without them looking weird.

-- LeatherGryphon --

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options