Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to GlamLeatherPunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2006, 11:30 AM

GlamLeatherPunk
Send a message via ICQ to GlamLeatherPunk Send a message via AIM to GlamLeatherPunk Send a message via Yahoo to GlamLeatherPunk
Question 12-year-old powerfter--with 60-inch chest?

A while back, I read about an article in a powerlifting magazine concerning a 12-year-old who had been trained by his father, who was also a powerlifter. The article stated that this 12-year-old had devloped a 60-inch chest--and that was several years ago! I think the magazine in question was "Powerlifting USA," but I'm not absolutely certain of that. I also seem to remember reading that the boy's first name was Mike--but, again, I'm not certain of that. Does anyone have any further information about this young giant? If this story is even halfway true, he'd be a teen monster by now! Think of the pictures and stories that could result!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 10th, 2006, 03:06 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamLeatherPunk
A while back, I read about an article in a powerlifting magazine concerning a 12-year-old who had been trained by his father, who was also a powerlifter. The article stated that this 12-year-old had devloped a 60-inch chest--and that was several years ago! I think the magazine in question was "Powerlifting USA," but I'm not absolutely certain of that. I also seem to remember reading that the boy's first name was Mike--but, again, I'm not certain of that. Does anyone have any further information about this young giant? If this story is even halfway true, he'd be a teen monster by now! Think of the pictures and stories that could result!
You show me a 12 year old with a 60 inch chest, and I'll show you the next governor of California!!

I'm a riot.
  #3   Add to benchdude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 4th, 2006, 06:15 PM

benchdude has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamLeatherPunk
I don't know, is that possible? I do know positively though that there was a powerlifter also years ago, kind of a similar story, being trained by his dad, and by the time he was 11 he had a 51" chest. his quad size was also mentioned but I can't remember what it was now. Powerlifting USA is a genuine hardcore powerlifting magazine though, so if there is a kid out there like that, they would definitely be the one to find him and report on it.
I also know of a 15-year old football player who powerlifts and has reached a 60" chest, so maybe a 12-year old isn't too far off if it hasn't happened yet.
  #4   Add to buffdude4747's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2006, 08:40 PM

buffdude4747 is on a distinguished road
links

any body have any links
  #5   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 12th, 2006, 03:43 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Yes links, we must have links! GIVE US LINKS!! *starts to foam at the mouth*
  #6   Add to benchdude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 15th, 2006, 09:18 AM

benchdude has disabled reputation
the article I saw wasn't online, it was just in a magazine several years ago..

me being a powerlifter myself, I could analyze the hell out of this, and probably come up with multiple reasons for and against this being possible, but I don't think everyone wants to see that whole dissertation. if GlamLeatherPunk would come back on here and respond, I could ask him a few questions about the article he saw and maybe come up with some answers. I'm getting kind of curious about it myself now.
  #7   Add to GlamLeatherPunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 16th, 2006, 01:05 AM

GlamLeatherPunk
Send a message via ICQ to GlamLeatherPunk Send a message via AIM to GlamLeatherPunk Send a message via Yahoo to GlamLeatherPunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by benchdude
the article I saw wasn't online, it was just in a magazine several years ago..

me being a powerlifter myself, I could analyze the hell out of this, and probably come up with multiple reasons for and against this being possible, but I don't think everyone wants to see that whole dissertation. if GlamLeatherPunk would come back on here and respond, I could ask him a few questions about the article he saw and maybe come up with some answers. I'm getting kind of curious about it myself now.
Unfortunately, I never saw the article itself--what I saw was a notice ABOUT the article in a posting in a Yahoo group. What I was originally asking was if anyone ELSE had seen such an article. From the responses thus far, it seems that at least one or two others have. What needs to be done at this point is to dig up the mailing address, or email address, of Powerlifting USA Magazine and contact them to see what they have to say on this subject.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options