The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Fantasies and Story Ideas
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Fantasies and Story Ideas Got a great idea for a muscle growth story or want to share some of your growth fantasies? Post them here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2006, 03:50 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Comedy and muscle?

Can't there be a comedic muscle growth story? I mean the stories are mainly so... dramatic, if I wanted to see drama I could watch a soap opera, that or go to my sister's house (what's the difference )! Lmao, that's a keeper right there.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Voyager's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2006, 04:28 PM

Voyager is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Voyager
Funny you should mention that MM, I am working on one. Can't promise it will get you rolling, but I see some good comic potential in it. V
  #3   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2006, 07:37 PM
"This is no trick!"

Well that's good, nothing wrong with drama and stuff, just so much of it on this site, gets a bit old, funny considering I'm only 21! haha another good keeper.

Last edited by TheMM; October 27th, 2006 at 06:18 PM.
  #4   Add to nolanspice's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 27th, 2006, 09:40 PM

nolanspice is on a distinguished road
Cool Not Tooting My Own Horn, But...

BEEP BEEP! A short time back, I wrote a story called "the Accidental Wizard." It's a two-parter with the probability of continuation but I haven't thought that far.

I'd include the links but I don't know how. So just search the title and both parts will show up.

Hope you enjoy.

-j!-
  #5   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 29th, 2006, 07:43 AM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
Alway thought it would be cool for a muscle guy to be a stand-up comic. See some guy on the comic stage sleeveless with 20" arms telling jokes about how the public reacts to him and all the antecdotes about how the office workers make him move the file cabinets etc etc etc
  #6   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 29th, 2006, 02:01 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Jim, I've often thought the same thing too. I'm tired of skinny comedians making fun of jacked guys, and I think it would be funny to turn things around...
  #7   Add to luvyalots's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2006, 02:53 PM

luvyalots is on a distinguished road
The reason why I think there is a lack of comedy in stories on this board is because comedy is hard to write. I mean, everyone agrees on what is dramatic more or less, but what is considered funny is more of a grey area. What I consider laugh out loud funny may not even bring a chuckle to other people.
  #8   Add to nolanspice's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 2nd, 2006, 04:28 PM

nolanspice is on a distinguished road
Post Is It Really...?

After years of ogling this site and enjoying a lot of what's there, I, too, noticed the lack of humour. I mean, let's think about this realistically...sort of. You undergo an amazing change and you're miraculously still coordinated with your new body?

Now granted, I know that this is a fantastical genre where reality is stretched to its limits, but you've got to admit that someone watching someone morph into something incredible cannot be done smoothly or evenly. I've always pictured these sort of changes as Picasso-esque, where bodyparts change without unison or uniformity. Tack on the idea of someone watching this and, while they could be in awe, they could also laugh at it after.

I write comedy. Not professionally...yet, but I have friends who do stand-up in NYC and I've helped them with their material, pacing and delivery. So comedy for me has always been an easy ride. In fact, I love dramas that have an element of comedy to them. It fleshes out the characters and gives them depth.

The MM (and others who've made notes on this thread), give "the Accidental Wizard" a read. Tell me what you like and what you don't. Be constructive and be fair. Also, give me an idea of what you'd like to see as funny. Maybe we can collaborate on something.

I'm always up for a writing partner. I really do play well with others.

-j!-
  #9   Add to muscl4life's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 3rd, 2006, 02:02 PM
a true SIZE QUEEN

muscl4life is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscl4life
Comedy?

I really believe that comedy is the most sophisticated writing style - it is powerful and makes everything lighter, better, but if someone messes it up then it's a bunch of non-sense crap. There are some lines in stories like "Supermen" or "Side-effects" that are really funny, but doing an entire muscle growth story based on the funny aspect would require massive talent, and i really hope you show us such thing - After all - the most common scenario where muscle growth happens is in cartoons, maybe that is a good basis, but i'm sure you would be able to pick up elements from classic mgs stories and make a very interesting "seinfeld" sketch for us :d (pardon me if the word isn't correct)

I remember one episode of the old x-men show - where a geeky architect steals juggernaut's power - MAN it is funny - because at first the guy has no sense of his own strenght he destroys everything at his house, later he's dressed in some mega sized version of Tony Manero's clothing - he is risking some weird disco movements, and he barely notices that cyclops and wolverine are trying to tackle him - he just treats them like bugs flying around his enormous muscles - a powerful combination between muscle and comedy -

Just my two cents

Bruno
  #10   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 3rd, 2006, 07:25 PM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
Comedy is definitely difficult to write; material that resonates with one audience may cause 'flop sweat' with another. Been there.

In order to be successful the audience needs to identify with and feel superior to a subject in order to feel comfortable enough to laugh at it. Incorporating comedy into this genre is pretty tough given that our subjects are usually elevated to higher status in nearly all physical arenas. The clumsiness aspect works visually but quickly becomes slapstick if carried too long. Also difficult is that there is no immediate feedback (laughter or noticeable silences) to let the writer know that they've taken a wrong turn with the crowd.

I loved trying to incorporate humor or wit into stories, but it was tough to carry it beyond the occasional comment or observation.
  #11   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2006, 03:11 PM
"This is no trick!"

Thank you all for your posts on this thread, for a long long time I have been trying to make a complete muscle growth story that has alot of comedy. I've been pondering this for almost a year now.
  #12   Add to Mad Dog's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2006, 11:35 PM

Mad Dog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Dog
Combining humor and eroticism (I'll admit it, while complex stories and character development are nice, I come here to wank off) is a tricky business, it seems. But the Supermen/Transform/Seducers series does it the best I've seen.
  #13   Add to muscl4life's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:56 AM
a true SIZE QUEEN

muscl4life is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscl4life
I also am a big fan of AKA stories - some parts of his series are really teasing and funny, he manages to toy around with day-by-day situations and gives them a new perspective once the muscle comes into play. To me, this requires not just talent, but also cleverness, because to me comedy comes mostly from timing and precise idea association. I just can't elaborate it much longer, but when a comediant makes you laugh it's because his timing conducted you to associate two different situations that you wouldn't naturally do if it wasn't for his performance.

Anyway - i really look foward to read this story of yours MM.

Bruno
  #14   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 10th, 2006, 01:00 PM
"This is no trick!"

Oh I don't have a story yet, I've just been thinking of an idea for a year, it's been a very long year.
  #15   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 21st, 2006, 04:38 AM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
I came across some pics of the comedian known as Carrot Top. He muscled up quite a bit but don't know if he incorporates that in to his comedy routine.
  #16   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 21st, 2006, 09:54 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Off topic

One of my coworkers sold her house to Carrot-Top for just over $2M. So he must have a permanent stint here in LV.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options