The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to LucidDreamer's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 14th, 2006, 12:26 PM

LucidDreamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to LucidDreamer
Muscle in a Musical

I usually read all of these posts and never respond, cuase i never have anything happen, until yesterday.

I was in Chicago, with my theatre group and we were there to go watch the musical "Spamalot" well, I was sitting pretty far back as the musical was going on and as Lancelot came on I noticed "hey he's pretty buff" well, later on during the Musical there is a gay-ish number called "his name is Lancelot" where they take of his armor, and holy cow I was right I was in row W and I could see how huge this guys biceps was, I was floored. I just wish I could have taken a pic
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 14th, 2006, 02:27 PM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidDreamer
I usually read all of these posts and never respond, cuase i never have anything happen, until yesterday.

I was in Chicago, with my theatre group and we were there to go watch the musical "Spamalot" well, I was sitting pretty far back as the musical was going on and as Lancelot came on I noticed "hey he's pretty buff" well, later on during the Musical there is a gay-ish number called "his name is Lancelot" where they take of his armor, and holy cow I was right I was in row W and I could see how huge this guys biceps was, I was floored. I just wish I could have taken a pic
Is this the fellow? Richard Holmes
  #3   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 14th, 2006, 07:40 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Send a message via Yahoo to hulkmuscle
Steve Reeves, Hollywood's Hercules, started onstage in the ensemble of the original Broadway cast of Kismet and in the Carol Channing vehicle The Vamp. He actively campaigned for the role of Abner in the film version of the Broadway musical Li'l Abner, but lost the role to Peter Palmer, a big guy, but not a bodybuilder by any means.

Director Josh Logan was notorious for having muscular men shirtless onstage in his shows: South Pacific, Wish You Were Here and All American all featured a pecs-on-parade number. Wish You Were Here's LP/CD cover feature a bodybuilder, and All American has a pyramid of shirtless men in the aptly named number, "Physical Fitness."

About fifteen years ago, bodybuilder/singer Charles Mandracchia played the Doorman in the musical version of Grand Hotel. I met him once in a take-out place, and we talked briefly. I also saw him in another show called Pretty Faces where I finally got to see him shirtless. It was well worth it.

Like I always say, "muscles" and "musicals" are, give or take a couple vowels, the same word. ;-)
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #4   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2006, 12:08 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Jubilee!

I had a similar occurrence. My parents had tickets to the show "Jubilee!" at Bally's. Since they couldn't go (my mom is recovering from elective surgery) and Rob had to work tonight, they gave the tickets to my friend Anthony & I. We had a booth up front, and were just looking at all the buff boys, and able to talk about them in our private booth the whole time! It was really a great time!
  #5   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2006, 05:02 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Sorry to be off topic, but I've never been able to see Spamalot (seen MPatHG but not the play) but was it funny?
  #6   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2006, 08:27 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Send a message via Yahoo to hulkmuscle
It's the movie onstage with musical numbers. Most of the bits are there ("bring out your dead", the knights who say "Ni", the Trojan rabbit, the galloping coconuts, and the de-limbed black knight). The songs are funny, but for me, a little tame by Python standards. Forbidden Broadway seems a lot sharper in its satire than what we get here. But if you're a Python fan, you'll probably enjoy it. If you're not, or you don't enjoy British humor, you might be a little bewildered at what all the fuss is about. I saw several people looking at their companions, scratching their heads.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #7   Add to LucidDreamer's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:37 AM

I thought it was histerical, but, then again like Hulkmuscle said, I'm a Python Fan
  #8   Add to Chi-town's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2006, 08:36 PM

Chi-town is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Thanks for the notice! I had no desire to catch Spamalot while it was in town (I didn't bother during its pre-Bway run either), but now I just may have to see it!
  #9   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2006, 06:39 AM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
He said the word!!!

Augh! Why did you say the word?
  #10   Add to LucidDreamer's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 25th, 2006, 07:24 AM