The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 21st, 2006, 08:23 AM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Vinnie Jones as the Juggernaut

Just got home from watching an advance screening of X-Men: The Last Stand and I was looking forward to seeing Vinnie Jones as the Juggernaut. The muscle suit wasn't as impressive onscreen as I'd hoped, but that British accent of his made me tingly.

I'm gonna try to look around for pics online when I wake up tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Report Post  
Old May 21st, 2006, 02:44 PM
Mr.Lemur

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelissokomos
Just got home from watching an advance screening of X-Men: The Last Stand and I was looking forward to seeing Vinnie Jones as the Juggernaut. The muscle suit wasn't as impressive onscreen as I'd hoped, but that British accent of his made me tingly.

I'm gonna try to look around for pics online when I wake up tomorrow.
Like this...

http://mysite.verizon.net/res1vpmx/juggernaut.jpg
  #3   Add to muscl4life's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 22nd, 2006, 04:36 AM
a true SIZE QUEEN

muscl4life is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscl4life
Personally, I think this juggernaut is "scrawny" to the comic standards, but I know the only way to make a guy that size would be CG and frankly they wouldn't take that chance - all of the other characters are real people in make-up. I do like his size though - i think it worked well with the whole movie.

It's just a pitty we can't see juggernaut in his true glorious size
  #4   Add to BIGPECS's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 22nd, 2006, 07:30 AM

BIGPECS is on a distinguished road
Xmen

Its No Worse Than "frasier" Playin "the Beast" What The Hell....
  #5   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 22nd, 2006, 08:35 PM

vlad is on a distinguished road
i think the question here is...how did O get an advance screening!? wtf!

that picture that Lemur posted was niiiice. Can't wait to see that movie anyway, but now I have an added incentive.
  #6   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:11 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
Yeah, screw the silly muscle suit. How was the MOVIE? Did Brett Ratner do a good job? Were the new characters any good? Did Hugh take his shirt off?
  #7   Add to rippedsleeve87's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 23rd, 2006, 07:59 AM

rippedsleeve87 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I'm excited for X3! Mainly because of Angel! Do you remember that nerdy-looking kid from Flash Forward? Er...his name is Ben Foster I think. Yeah, he's muscled up for the movie and he looks damn good!
  #8   Add to LipsK's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 23rd, 2006, 08:05 PM

LipsK
The movie was ok. But I left disapointed with the plot and many other things... :-(
  #9   Add to bigbearny's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2006, 03:15 PM

bigbearny
Send a message via Yahoo to bigbearny
They should've found a Powerlifter or Strongman for the Juggernaut it would've looked better... And as for "Fraiser" playing The Beast... i think it works.. Beast looks like a monster but Hank McCoy was an Intelectual Person before.. kinda a political person too.. so i think Kelsey should be fine.
  #10   Add to annoyingone's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2006, 10:50 PM

annoyingone is on a distinguished road
when you say muscle suit does that mean that's not his real body?
  #11   Report Post  
Old May 25th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Mr.Lemur

NO that is not his body...
  #12   Add to annoyingone's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 25th, 2006, 11:14 PM

annoyingone is on a distinguished road
really, so like do u think he startd skinny in the movie then they CGI his body with someone elses?
  #13   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Mr.Lemur

I have not seen the movie (yet), but as I understand it they do not go into the detail of how Cain Mako becomes the Juggernaut (as played by Vinne Jones). he just is. He does not grow in the movie.

While Vinnie Jones is a tall, well proportioned man he is no slave to the gym from what pics I have seen. In the X-Men movie he wears a muscle suit - no CGI.
  #14   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2006, 10:35 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
The muscle suit works. I don't know if they just did a good job of it or if they did some CG enhancement to make it look more realistic but it works. You'll know that it isn't real when you see it but it doesn't scream fake. You just accept it when you see it.

It's a shame Vinnie didn't get more to do because he sold the role in his few lines.

Oh, and Hugh does get shirtless too although when he does its not at a point where you'll really be thinking "Ooh, he's shirtless!" but more like "Ooh, is he gonna die?"
  #15   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 27th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
Thumbs up X-Men: The Last Stand

Loved it. Absolutely blown away by what happens. Flabbergasted by who dies. And the subtext to this one is sort of all about "mutant-chicks" but it's all good.

However, the best thing was... waiting until the very last end credit rolled by. Seeing what happens at that point literally blew me away!

Brett Ratner did the franchise justice. Just my .02 worth.
  #16   Add to Cai's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 27th, 2006, 08:10 PM

Cai has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Cai
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHEON
Loved it. Absolutely blown away by what happens. Flabbergasted by who dies. And the subtext to this one is sort of all about "mutant-chicks" but it's all good.

However, the best thing was... waiting until the very last end credit rolled by. Seeing what happens at that point literally blew me away!

Brett Ratner did the franchise justice. Just my .02 worth.
What happens after the credits, I was kind of annoyed with the story, I left when the credits began rolling... Could you send me a Private message of what happened? Thanks.
  #17   Add to Lufone's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 27th, 2006, 11:27 PM

Lufone is on a distinguished road
I can't put my finger on it, but the movie didn't satisfy me the way the others did. I think it might have something to do with the director, though I'd have to watch it again to put my finger on the details. The actors were all over the place, and it felt like they basically had no cohesive direction. I was surprised to see that Patrick Stuart's performance was erratice, since I have a lot of respect for him as an actor, but the Professor Xavier from this movie just isn't in sync with the ones from the previous ones [benevolent father figure to controlling megolomaniac? Yeah right].

That said, I could have done with some more showing of the beef. Colossus was always in shadow when they showed him!
  #18   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2006, 10:00 AM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
One of the largest complaints of the critics is that any sense of character depth provided by the earlier films was completely ignored in this one. To satisfy the time demands of the action sequences they ended up becoming caricatures of themselves. While this is true to most comic book styles it's considered too easy to accept as good filmmaking.

It was an enjoyable diversion -- a good popcorn movie.

I didn't stay for the credits. After what had to be the world's fastest sunset leading into the final showdown I figured if he'd have anything important to say/do he'd have rushed right into it.
  #19   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Mr.Lemur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cai
What happens after the credits, I was kind of annoyed with the story, I left when the credits began rolling... Could you send me a Private message of what happened? Thanks.
Going to see it today - but I'll guess some mention is made of the Wolverine spin-off that is the buzz since this is the "last" X-Men movie. Or is that to easy of a guess?
  #20   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2006, 11:38 AM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
There was buzz about that out here in Hollywood as well, but they also noted that Hugh Jackman has 5 other movies coming out this year. His schedule was so tight that someone else may get the first spin-off.
  #21   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2006, 02:25 PM

vlad is on a distinguished road
damn, I was wondering if there was something after the credits...please tell us what's there!

in terms of the movie, I also didn't like it as much as the first two, not necessarily because of the plot but just the dialogue and directing was really sub-par and a little too teenage boy action movie sort of thing. still, it certainly was entertaining.

anyway, Vinne Jones in the muscle suit=hot. though the "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch" line was sooooo hilarious, I'm really hoping that was intended to be funny just for the sake of Vinnie's integrity as an actor.
  #22   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Mr.Lemur

"I'm the juggernaut b****" had a certain I'm Rick James b****" Quality about it.

And my guess was wrong about having a teaster/trailer for Wolverine. I stuck it out and all I will say is somebody didn't die.... I think they stuck it post credits as CMA - maybe they will use it to continue the franchise - maybe they won't.
  #23   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadRx
One of the largest complaints of the critics is that any sense of character depth provided by the earlier films was completely ignored in this one...It was an enjoyable diversion -- a good popcorn movie....
While I thought this movie was a perfect way to start the summer season (although early reports indicate that Superman is going to set an all new box office record) I can't disagree with what RadRx stated. If I had to pick which X-Men movie I thought was better produced and directed...no doubt it would go to Bryan Singer's episode II. However, bringing depth to archtypal characters -- even those drawn from comicbooks -- takes enormous talent. In Hollywood, sometimes this elusive quality is called, "The Lubitsch Touch." Named after noted director Ernst Lubitsch who brought a delicate, yet sophisticated cohesiveness to all his movies. Bryan Singer has that talent. Brett Ratner, regrettably, not as much.

Moreover, we'll also be able to judge Singer's "touch" when his movie, Superman Returns opens June 30. But that's another thread.
  #24   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2006, 06:31 PM
The Bee Keeper

Before (Pic from Sport Vereniging Prins Hendrik Almelo)

After
  #25   Add to RonnieRules's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 29th, 2006, 09:19 AM

RonnieRules
Send a message via Skype™ to RonnieRules
Post Review

Just saw X3 and it was amazing! Well the Juggernaught's muscles (no matter if they were real or not) were nice to watch, just as Colossus agiain - he's really yummy
But besides that, the movie itself was really great. Many muntants die (I'm not going to tell who in detail) and it's almost as dark and sad as Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith. Except the ending with its last "movement" (those who have seen it know what I mean) should have been left unshown. It's too much like "Uuh, is that a hint on a continue?". I think three parts are really enough. I can't get any better, just worse.
  #26   Add to thufirhawat's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 30th, 2006, 09:09 AM
(Lower) muscle lover

thufirhawat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to thufirhawat Send a message via AIM to thufirhawat Send a message via MSN to thufirhawat Send a message via Yahoo to thufirhawat Send a message via Skype™ to thufirhawat
I saw the movie today - in French, so I can't tell about the accent... - and I liked to see again the cute boys there : James Marsden, Hugh Jackman (not really my style...), Shawn Ashmore (already seen in TV series 'Smallville' with other powers, very exciting...), and some new ones : Daniel Cudmore (Colossus) ; Eric Dane (multiple man) and : Ben Foster (Angel).
Vinnie Jones' muscles are quite massive too, but (sorry guys), he looks too old for me

I was really delighted to see Angel's torso when he was on the injection table...during barely 2 seconds we can see his chest and abs...very very sexy !

The movie is really good to me, Rattner did well his job !
  #27   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 31st, 2006, 08:01 PM
The Bee Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad
though the "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch" line was sooooo hilarious, I'm really hoping that was intended to be funny just for the sake of Vinnie's integrity as an actor.
I have feeling they got the line from this viral video. If so, then kudos to the scriptwriters for incorporating it.
  #28   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 31st, 2006, 11:48 PM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
I thought it started out really well, but when it ended, I felt like: "That's it?" I had no idea the battle at Alcatraz was going to be the climactic one; it sure didn't feel that way. They set-up a war, and then didn't deliver it.

Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan were annoyingly one-note. There was zero sexual chemistry between Jean Grey and Wolverine, and even less with Scott. (Am I the only one that thinks she looks about twenty years too old for him? She even looks bigger than him. It's like he's making out with his mom.)

There were all kinds of plot twists that were just left hanging. Why bother to introduce Angel, and then do nothing with him? What happened to the kid with the cure? Considering the battle was all about saving him, shouldn't we have seen where he went? Why the hell would a mass-murderer who has been stripped of his powers not be in jail, instead of, apparently, an old-folks home?

Why would all the people left in cars on the Golden Gate Bridge turn their lights on? (If I'm thinking about stuff like that, something is wrong.)

I hated that business of the girl giving up her powers for the cute mutant. Reminded me of an insecure girl getting herself knocked-up to trap a guy. Maybe that was the idea, but it just made me wish they'd go away.

Kelsey Grammer as the Beast?! He was doing Frasier. Ridiculous. When Wolverine made a crack at the end calling him "Furball," it was as though they had set-up a relationship between them. Where was it?

The rubber suit on Juggernaut looked like...a rubber suit. Though it was good to see an Englishman on screen be something besides the usual effete stereotype. He was like a soccer hooligan gone mad, which was fun.

I had to laugh at the guy who sprouted quills. Reminded me of that episode of Family Guy when they all got super-powers, but all Meg could do was grow her finger nails really long. I kept expecting someone to look at him and say: "That's it?"

I didn't see anything wrong with the direction, just the script. I wonder if there is a lot that was left on the cutting room floor. We'll see what's on the DVD.
  #29   Add to Mad Dog's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 2nd, 2006, 11:19 PM

Mad Dog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Dog
He's the Juggernaut, bitch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...ra/jugggay.jpg
  #30   Add to loopy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 3rd, 2006, 02:11 AM

loopy is on a distinguished road
Vinnie must have been wearing some sort of muscle-suit or something. Just compare the size of his arms in this shot:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contri...7/photo/606647
With the ones in this one:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contri...7/photo/614656

Which were probably shot around the same time. In the first one, he is thinnie vinnie, in the second, totally hulked out. Sooo...im going to guess someone really good with latex.
  #31   Add to RonnieRules's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 3rd, 2006, 04:27 AM

RonnieRules
Quote:
Why the hell would a mass-murderer who has been stripped of his powers not be in jail, instead of, apparently, an old-folks home?
In my opinion this was one of the saddest scenes in the whole movie. Magneto is no more, there is only Eric Lensherr, a poor old man with no friends, no enemies, no power.

And then they screwed it up by showing that moving chess figure!
  #32   Add to Digibacker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 3rd, 2006, 08:49 AM
Recently called 'immense'

Digibacker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Digibacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy
Sooo...im going to guess someone really good with latex.
Indeed, it was a foam latex muscle suit. There were a couple of brief shots where you could see tell-tale signs of foam wrinkling.

I've sometimes wondered why big film companies are using artificial means (makeup or digitially) to create big muscled characters when there are so many monster-sized bodybuilders around. But the answer came to me just recently while casting a short film I'm directing.

First, many of the larger bodybuilders aren't actors. It's not their talent or their passion. Out of curiosity, I tried searching for big guys in the casting database I was using and found very few bodybuilders at all of any size.

Second, for many actors (for whom acting IS their talent/passion), being too big is a liability.

One actor we auditioned brought this up because he was interested in getting more "ordinary" roles. (Ours was that of an office-working father.) He said he used to work out and was quite big at one point, but that was limiting the roles he was getting. He was being typecast as bouncers, henchmen, thugs, cops, etc. So, he stopped weightlifting and switched to heavy cardio work to lose the mass.

Tied into that issue is the fact that the camera makes big guys look even bigger. Actually, he gave me an unintentional complement by commenting that if I were on-screen, I'd look absolutely huge. (Which, of course, had me glowing all day. )
  #33   Add to chocomus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 3rd, 2006, 01:35 PM
LDF (Lazy Drawing Freak)

chocomus is on a distinguished road
That thing with Angel annoyed me. So hot and so few scenes. Not to mention the face of Jean when she used her powers to the max

Maybe i'm seeing things, but... Did somebody notice that the scene of the bridge had something weird? I mean, When Magneto did his trick There was a lot of daylight. It was maybe the afternoon. But whe they arrived at the prison it was dark night. Day to night in seconds. Who did that? Storm?

Anyway, we could see a lot of skin of Wolvie and Juggie was Hot in the musclesuit.
  #34   Add to RonnieRules's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 3rd, 2006, 05:21 PM

RonnieRules
Quote:
Maybe i'm seeing things, but... Did somebody notice that the scene of the bridge had something weird? I mean, When Magneto did his trick There was a lot of daylight. It was maybe the afternoon. But whe they arrived at the prison it was dark night. Day to night in seconds. Who did that? Storm?
Yeah, I've noriced that, too! I think it's a simple movie mistake. A battle at night it usually more specatcular, so they decided to turn the day into night within seconds
  #35   Add to locked_closet's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 3rd, 2006, 09:04 PM

locked_closet is on a distinguished road
Not only that, but what about all the cars? Notice how it starts at around sunset, and there is like 5 cars with their lights on. Two more times after that, they show the length of the bridge. Each time, there are severely more cars with their lights on. The final time they show the bridge, there are suddenly several emergency vehicles on there with their lights flashing (lower left side), when it would be impossible for them to have gotten up on there after Magneto moved it. Yay for highly inaccurate scenes! Yay for severe plot holes! And is it just me, or did the playwrites take an extreme turn away from the comics/animated serieses?
Gha!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options