The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2006, 09:41 AM
fisherk80309

Fisherk80309's Growth Log

Hey guys:
I'm looking to pack on some size over the course of the summer. I've been lifting off and on for about 3 years, but never have been able to keep with it. (Motivation, school, work...you know the story) I'm planning on really focusing on this.

I've always had a VERY fast metabolism. I tried getting up to 200+ from about 170-175 two summers back. I got to 197, but just lost inspiration. I have no idea why. Anyway, my goals is 210 by the time school starts up again in the fall.

My "Before" Stats:
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 188
Biceps: ~ 13" cold
Chest: 41 1/2"
Thighs: 23"
Waist: 34"
Calves: 15 1/2"

Yesterday, I kept a running tab on what I ate. I'll just give the totals. 5,130 cals, 160g of fat, and 298g of protein. This included 2 N-Large shakes, which I have grown to love. If you want a full breakdown of what I eat, just let me know.

I lifted yesterday for a little more than an hour as well. I didn't keep a log of what exercises and weights. I am going to start that today when I lift later this afternoon.

I would attach some pics, but between myself and my computer-illiteracy, I don't think I'd be able to figure it out...

Anyway guys, just thought I'd come out of my shell and let you all know what I am up to.

Fisherk80309

By the way, I owe a big thanks to JDhdawg86 and giantworshipper for motivating me so much.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to jcnutt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2006, 12:21 PM

jcnutt has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to jcnutt Send a message via Yahoo to jcnutt
Best of luck to you fisherk. I have recently restarted my own lifting regimen and hope to have enough guts to post my starting information and progress soon. Sounds like your off to a great start...
  #3   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2006, 08:33 PM
fisherk80309

Hey guys:
Been at it again today. Did some arms, shoulders, and mixed in some abs.
Still have one meal to go tonight, but have pushed the protein over 200 again.
I'll post the workout log tomorrow morning.

Also, if anyone could give me a hand figuring out how to post pics, that'd be great.

Thanks guys
  #4   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2006, 12:17 AM
fisherk80309

Hey guys...
Ate everything in site again today.
5,143 cals, 174g of fat, and 319g of protein throughout the day.

Also had a good chest workout.
Decline chest press: 10x30, 10x35
Decline pec fly: 10x30, 10x35
Flat chest press: 10x30, 10x35
Flat pec fly: 10x30, 10x35
Incline chest press: 10x30, 10x35, 8x35
Incline pec fly: 10x30, 10x35

My rotator cuff started giving me trouble relatively early in the workout, so I took it kinda easy. Hope the pain subsides soon.

Give me your thoughts, criticisms...anything you think will help.

Thanks guys

Workin on the pics too...hopefully tomorrow
  #5   Add to jdhdawg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2006, 05:35 AM

jdhdawg is on a distinguished road
Smile Update

Hey Fisherk!

Thanks for posting your progress. Good job listening to your body yesterday. Push yourself HARD when you can but if something doesn't seem right, it's better to be cautious than to end up hurt. I hope your illness is behind you. It looks like you made it to the buffet after all. You're gonna be a MONSTER soon. Keep up the eating and train harder as your body permits. Can't wait 'til you make your avatar look puny!

JD
  #7   Add to garrix's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2006, 08:43 PM

garrix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to garrix
It looks like you've got a solid base, it looks like you could really pack on some size, just EAT and lift Heavy, you'll grow.
  #8   Add to DonnieJvilleNC's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Pop Culture Savant

DonnieJvilleNC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via MSN to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via Yahoo to DonnieJvilleNC
Fisherk,
Those are some good pics! You've got a great base with which to start building a fine physique. Can't wait to see your progress. Keep up the great work!

Remember, we're all here to help & encourage each other. The guys on this board are great inspiration.
Jacksonville, Onslow County, NC, USA
I'm reminded of the immortal last words of Socrates who said, "I Drank What?!"
  #9   Add to buffdoc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:42 PM

buffdoc
Send a message via Yahoo to buffdoc
You have a great lean base to build from; plus, in my book you win extra points for having a Mac. You are going to need calories to bulk--in general 1 gram of protein per target body weight. If you are aiming for 210, you need 210 grams of protein. I would recommend you keep a log to track your lifting progress--this is really key. Also, in my opinion, I would increase calories a bit more slowly. Try to figure out how much you were eating to maintain your existing weight of 188 and then increase 500 calories above that; if you stall in gaining, add another 500. N-large is OK after workouts but do not rely on it for the bulk of your calories and instead focus on more long acting carbs instead such as brown rice and oatmeal.
  #10   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:51 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Send a message via Yahoo to hulkmuscle
Welcome aboard, Fisherk!

As a former skinny boy, I can sympathize. Your metabolism will probably slow down as you get older. Just keep eating heavy (digestive can help your system better process all the food) and try to focus your workouts on the big, compound moves: squat, deadlift, bench, pullup, row, shoulder press.

I noticed your chest workout, and I thought I might offer a couple insights: emphasize the incline bench as your mainstay for building a big chest. Declines can be used occasionally for variety, but emphasis on declines tends to make men's pecs look elongated, droopy, or more like women's breasts. Inclines give you that impressive big shelf on top.

The ten-second solution for you is to reverse your order of chest emphasis: incline, flat, then decline. Personally, I would only do the incline and flat, substituting the decline for flat when I get bored.

I also agree with JD about working out safely. Here's a proven technique to take your delts out of your chest exercises: When you lie down on the bench, push your sternm up while simultaneously pushing your shoulders down into the bench and down towards your feet. This sets your chest high and keeps your shoulders back, which is the proper position for benching. Most guys I see bench with their shoulders, not with their pecs.

Good luck!
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #11   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:54 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Send a message via Yahoo to hulkmuscle
And a Mac owner too! I didn't catch that part. G4 powerbook and G3 ibook here, but the new Macbooks are mighty sexy!
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #12   Add to scott2462's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 27th, 2006, 04:32 AM
Back in the gym

scott2462 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to scott2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkmuscle
And a Mac owner too! I didn't catch that part. G4 powerbook and G3 ibook here, but the new Macbooks are mighty sexy!
Seem to be lots of Mac owners on here, which is a nice change from my Windows-heavy work environment. Got a G5 dual PowerPC and a G4 Powerbook (also PowerPC) here.
  #13   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2006, 01:51 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
OMG! I once mentioned I used iChat amongst other clients, and I caoght a torrent of shit from Windoze users. So this board is improving over time.

Back on topic: as a beginner, stick mainly with incline, then flat, and decline can wait. I do love decline, but it basicly gets the same bit as the flat bench. Incline will help you get that "Pop!" on the top that will stroke the ego. Your ego will need the occasional stroke over time. This is a long-term game.

BTW: G4 PowerBook, and G3 iMac here.
  #14   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2006, 08:53 AM
fisherk80309

Hey guys:
Sorry for the lack of updates here....I'll get my ass in gear here tonight and post an update. But I was wondering if there is anyone here would would volunteer to more some pics of me. I get so much inspiration from those. I can take new pics if you have an idea in mind or use some from the forum here.

Thanks Guys!!!
  #15   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2006, 09:10 AM
fisherk80309

So I realized I am a terrible typist....could some MORPH...not more...pics of me?

Thanks guys

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options