The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to elysiumfields's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 25th, 2006, 11:22 AM

elysiumfields is on a distinguished road
Harrow School Muscleboy sighting

Hi guys.. I live just a few miles from Harrow School,an exclusive Public boarding school for teenaged boys in the western suburbs of London...
[Picture the school from Dead Poets Society and you'll know the type i mean.]

..While out for a walk recently, a group of 6th form boys around 17 or 18 past me,..and i felt dwarfed by them. These burly young men, were at least 6 foot and were very strongly built,..most likely rugby players. One wore a white vest,and was BIG!. No way bodybuilder size,but as big as pro gymnasts,with thick bulging biceps,meaty pecs..and from behind,one of the most rippling muscled backs i've ever seen.! I did'nt care if he was an upper class toff,..he was a teen hunk!

================================================== =====

Last edited by elysiumfields; June 25th, 2006 at 11:29 AM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 25th, 2006, 11:58 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiumfields
Hi guys.. I live just a few miles from Harrow School,an exclusive Public boarding school for teenaged boys in the western suburbs of London...
[Picture the school from Dead Poets Society and you'll know the type i mean.]

..While out for a walk recently, a group of 6th form boys around 17 or 18 past me,..and i felt dwarfed by them. These burly young men, were at least 6 foot and were very strongly built,..most likely rugby players. One wore a white vest,and was BIG!. No way bodybuilder size,but as big as pro gymnasts,with thick bulging biceps,meaty pecs..and from behind,one of the most rippling muscled backs i've ever seen.! I did'nt care if he was an upper class toff,..he was a teen hunk!
And what's wrong with upper class toffs? I have been several upper class toffs in my time so watch your language, sir, or I will have to get mater to deal with you!
  #3   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 25th, 2006, 04:57 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
I believe 6th form is equal to Junior year in high school (second before the last) for Americans.

I have no idea what a "toff" is.
  #4   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 26th, 2006, 01:43 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
toff (tf)
n. Chiefly British Slang

A member of the upper classes, especially one who is elegantly dressed
  #5   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 26th, 2006, 05:28 AM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
To clarify 6th Form in a UK school applies to the last two years of secondary education and is usually split into Lower Sixth and Upper Sixth ie 16-17 and 17-18 age.

Yes believe Toff is derived from "Toffee nosed" although not sure where that derives from. Generally means someone either from a priviledged or titled background although that population is extremely small these days in number nad influence and instead you tend to find people with much more humble "come froms" attempting to take on the airs and graces of the upper classes.
  #6   Add to grubby41's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 26th, 2006, 03:47 PM

grubby41 is on a distinguished road
Toffee-nosed

"Toffee-nosed" is a word-play (like "trouble and strife" for "wife" or "bolshie" for an over-bearing and socially ungraceful and pushy person acting like a Bolshevik) indicating that a person is "stuck up" because a person "putting on airs" has his nose elevated and toffee is sticky (as in "sticky-toffee pudding") : Ergo, one's nose is in the air because it is stuck up there with toffee (a favourite upper-class treat), hence "toffee-nosed" shortened (as in all things English) to "toff". Why is it that, after all these years, we Canadians still have to be the translators between our British and American cousins? - Just another dumb Canadian weight-lifter asking a question.
  #7   Add to Phlex's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 27th, 2006, 07:34 PM

Phlex
"Toff"

According to Partridge's dictionary of slang (not always 100% accurate, but always tons of fun), "toffee-nosed" or snobbish is a 20th century term with a pun on 'toffish, toffy' from 'toff'. 'Toff' goes back to the 1850s, and was "slightly obsolete" by 1930 (whereas 'toffee-nosed' was popular with the RAF in WW2). Partridge derives 'toff' immediately from 'toft', which in turn he derives from 'tuft', meaning a titled undergraduate (from the tuft or gold tassel worn on their caps by aristocratic students - 'tuft hunters' in the full form). A 'toff' isn't necessarily a snob; it's a well-to-do person, or even a 'brick' (a person behaving handsomely, quoted in the OED).
  #8   Add to elysiumfields's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 26th, 2007, 10:16 AM

Was going past Harrow School again today,and saw that buffed up boy again.Despite there being a chill wind 2day,he was in a tee-shirt that hugged his strong muscular physique...and i spoke to him on the pretext of asking for directions to a Rugby Club i pretended i thought was nearby,and said that i assumed he and his mates were rugby players and might know, 'coz of his rugger player build. Shoulda seen the big grin on his face when i complimented him,without going about the 'come on to him' way. He trains for rugby coincidentally,and rowing.
  #9   Add to elysiumfields's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 27th, 2007, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew
Hey elysium,

I alway mean to ask, who's the hot guy on your avatar?

Cristiano Ronaldo. Portuguese football [soccer] star who plays for British club
Manchester United. I just could'n resist bulking him up in that shot i've used for
my avatar.I gave him that cocky arrogant ''i'm buff and you know it'' look as well.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options