The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Steroids
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Steroids General information, discussion and experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to fleXodus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2003, 12:18 PM
MuscleGrowth.org

fleXodus is on a distinguished road
Men's Health: Spot the Juicer

Original article here

SPOT THE JUICER!
How to tell if the guy in the next squat rack is natural or artificially enhanced

This is your body...

This is your body on steroids.
Any questions?

By Lou Schuler
Illustrations by Susan Gilbert

SKULL: Steroids may or may not increase the size of the skull; the effect is more often attributed to human growth hormone, which is sometimes taken in conjunction with anabolic steroids.

SKIN: Bodybuilders' skin sometimes takes on a reddish glow, since steroids cause water retention, which raises blood pressure. One writer described 'roided bodybuilders as resembling walking erections, "all veiny and red."

DELTOIDS, TRAPS: Supersized muscles surrounding the shoulders--trapezius, lats, pectorals, deltoids, biceps, and triceps--are a good clue that Mr. Needle has been introduced to Mr. Buttock. Even if the lower body is normal size, upper-body muscles tend to be inflated.

CHEST: One of the few consistent results of steroid studies is an increase in bench-press strength. When an experienced lifter makes sudden, dramatic strength gains, assume pharmacological intervention.

BACK: Upper-body acne is a common side effect in adults using steroids.
\Nipples: By any other name, gynecomastia is a bitch. Steroid-induced breast tissue can only be removed surgically.

LATS: Lifters can increase muscle mass by up to 25 percent with 10 weeks of steroid use, so stretch marks on biceps and pectorals are common.

FOREARMS: This is anecdotal, but some have observed that the best natural bodybuilders have a thick bone structure. When you see a guy with huge forearm muscles rising off relatively small bones, it's a pretty good sign he's been hitting the Vitamin S.

BICEPS: Another way to tell the difference between natural and unnatural lifters: The juicers look as if they have more muscle fibers as well as bigger fibers. Steroids seem to trigger a process called hyperplasia, in which the body produces new muscle cells.

ABS: Steroids help reduce body fat even as they promote muscle growth. A guy who gains a lot of muscle quickly without steroids will also tend to add fat. Only a juicer can get substantially bigger in the chest and shoulders while losing fat from his waist.

HANDS: Sportswriters are fond of saying steroids won't help you hit a fastball. But, since testosterone regulates the nervous system, steroids are thought to increase quickness by decreasing reaction time. Next stop, McCovey Cove.

THIGHS: Anabolic steroids don't reduce inflammation, but they can help torn muscles recover their strength. On the other hand, corticosteroids, which are commonly used to reduce inflammation quickly, can cause damage to a muscle's structure and tissue regrowth.

KNEES: Sports-medicine physicians have long suspected that steroids damage tendons and ligaments. Animal studies from the '80s show that the damage to joints begins within a few days of steroid use, and that exercise combined with steroid use makes it worse. The lab animals ended up with stiffer, weaker tendons.

TESTICLES: With artificial testosterone injected into your body, your testicles don't need to make their own, so the assembly line shuts down, and the testes shrink.

PENIS: Waldo goes wild, even while his two nutty friends turn into shrinking violets. Steroid users often develop voracious sexual appetites (despite the fact that they're actually producing less sperm), along with feelings of euphoria and boundless energy.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to RyBearATL's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 14th, 2003, 02:12 PM

RyBearATL
More of the same.....

I just read an email from a friend of mine. "My workouts are going great..can't believe how big I'm getting." He's using steroids. He's having a great time with it.

Why do I feel like the guy looking at the advert of some smokers where they're all laughing, playing, happy (etc) while smoking and destroying their lungs?

I'm taking December as a "low intensity" month. Lots of food out there I want to eat (from good cooks!) and the holidays and the weather really interrupt my workout schedule. January I'm planning a big push on intensity and seriousness. Now I'm just going to the gym, not logging my workouts, trying machines I haven't tried before, and stuff like that. Doing whatever crosses my mind and not stressing out about it.

Of course, I feel like a BIG FAT PIG. Funny, I'm getting lots of compliments - I'm very confused about this. I guess its because I've started training abs, IDK. <LOL>

Sigh. Just venting. I'm glad I have a place to vent this. I had this HUGE stab of jealousy at this friends' experience. I read the previous articles posted on steroid use, and am glad I don't feel quite that way any more.

-R
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to polomuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 14th, 2003, 07:20 PM

polomuscle
Send a message via AIM to polomuscle
don't be jealous

your friend using steroids is his choice. i personally would not do it.
if you want to not be fat, don't eat all that shit at the holidays. have one piece of pie, not six. do 90 minutes of cardio EVERY DAY. and keep lifting.
what do you care if he's using roids? and what do you think it's doing to his organs in the long term? can you be 100% certain it's safe?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options