Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 13th, 2006, 02:16 PM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
a quick "hello" from an old reg

I still occasionally get messages from this forum and people I don't remember ask me how I'm doing. This - obviously - makes me feel a bit guilty for ever going away.

So I thought I'd stop by and say hello and see what's up and what's new. I see mostly the regular faces around here... maybe a couple new additions. Lots of changes in my life since the last time any of us spoke... most of which are what keep me away from places like this. For anyone who cares (Glam) or those who don't and never did (Corwin) can just pass on...

The quick rundown:

* I now have two kids - both of them boys - the oldest is now 3 and the youngest is 1. They are both the light of my life and have made an extreme difference in how I view the world. I had no idea kids could have this kind-of impact on a person but man - have I learned a lot.

* I have decided to lead a completely straight life (NOTE I am not straight and never will be). Many of you may remember that I was wrestling with bisexuality. I believe I've reached a point where I'm comfortable with the knowledge that I am "bi" and the feelings created thereof and I'm also fully committed to my wife and family more than ever before in my life. This came about through many different developments but the biggest was my wife's acceptance of my feelings and continued love and affection for the person I am. Thank God for her. I fully realize that some of you don't even believe in the concept of bisexuality - to those I would say: Lack of understanding, comprehension, or belief does not make something un-exist.

* I have truly found God. I'm not interested in elaborating on that journey in this forum.

*** the part I know you care about most: I'm still into weight lifting and I've recently and FINALLY made myself takeup running. Having two awesome little boys around (and one of them whom is slightly Autistic) certainly keeps me busy but I've managed to continue to lift fairly regularly about 2-3x/week along with running 2-3x/week. My latest stats are no greater than they were almost 2 years ago when I last updated my profile EXCEPT that I now weigh about 240lbs instead of 255-260lbs and have maintained the muscle I had. The primary trouble over the last 2 years has been regularity in exercise - and the lack of that. Over the last 5-6 months I've gotten a lot more back into the habit of doing things regularly. So yeah, here I am...

still 6'4", now about 240lbs...

My first son and I
My first son and I again at the company party this summer
My second son and I in Seattle this summer
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 13th, 2006, 04:31 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Hey, I was recently thinking about you EJ, & wondered how things were going. It's good to hear that things are going well.
<sarcasm>
I guess it's good you found God, because I for one wasn't going to take time away from my martini hour to go looking & printing posters...
</sarcasm>
Seriously, it's good things are going well with your family, and I know most of us wish you only the best, no matter how you choose to live your life.
  #3   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 13th, 2006, 08:32 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Talking Sugar-lips!!!

...great to hear from you again!Just because your wife "accepts" you;doesn't mean she gets to drag you around by the balls,OK? Glad to hear you're still working out!MAKING YOURSELF HAPPY IS GOOD FOR YOUR KIDS!!!! Gives them something to look forward to! Keep on truckin'!g.
  #4   Add to loopyrhino2001's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 13th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Gym Mouse

loopyrhino2001
Send a message via Yahoo to loopyrhino2001
Talking

Nice to hear from you, EJ! I'm glad things are going well for you and your family.

BTW, you better not lose too much more weight, or else I might catch up to you. (Hahah, I slay me!)
  #5   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 14th, 2006, 06:26 AM

ethernet_jock
awww shucks... you guys are too sweet.

Brent - I think of you on occasion too... and thank you for everything.

Glam - if there were ever a gay sweetheart of the year award, it should be yours. Always a tender heart for every soul.

Loopy - Just cut me off at the hip and we can be matching! j/k bro... you're completely awesome in your own right. All weight lost so far has been good stuff... pants fit better, shirts reveal pecs better instead of gut, etc...

I've also taken back to a severe liking of Sushi which makes for a good light lunch on some days. yummy.

In other news I also work Downtown now so my daily ratio of muscle sightings has gone up about 100x since I started this job. w00t.
  #6   Add to xythan_shadow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 15th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Writer and Lifter

xythan_shadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xythan_shadow Send a message via Yahoo to xythan_shadow
Glad to see you came back to visit us EJ. Congrats on all your blessings in life. Make sure you try to make your own story come true with the wife and kids.
  #7   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 15th, 2006, 02:07 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Well, I haven't been around for as long around as you have. May life give you many blessings blah blah blah etc etc etc... and also you just "happen" to go to a college and they just "happen" to have an experiment on muscle growth.

-MM
  #8   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 15th, 2006, 04:23 PM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Hi EJ, those two young'uns of yours are growing up fast (and cute!). Better keep up the workouts so you can keep up with them.

BTW, no RSS feed on your blog?
  #9   Add to wbhunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 16th, 2006, 11:36 PM

wbhunk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wbhunk Send a message via Yahoo to wbhunk
:)

More power to you, EJ, and all the best.

This has sort of reminded me that I've been quiet lately too.....moved to San Francisco in February, in with my partner, and have been adjusting to new job and married life. That's it in a nutshell. But if there are Bay Area guys here I haven't met yet, feel free to give me a whistle.

And yes, I AM still writing. It's just taking quite a while.
  #10   Add to DonnieJvilleNC's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 17th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Pop Culture Savant

DonnieJvilleNC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via MSN to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via Yahoo to DonnieJvilleNC
Hello EJ,
I'm so glad you stopped by and updated us. It's great to hear when members are doing well. Keep us posted (when time and family life permits).
Jacksonville, Onslow County, NC, USA
I'm reminded of the immortal last words of Socrates who said, "I Drank What?!"
  #11   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 21st, 2006, 01:34 PM

ethernet_jock
Thanks guys! All of you... I'll come back a bit more often to say "hi"... I honestly had no idea that many of you still remembered me.

XS - I'm trying. So far I'm living the dream... here's praying that it never comes crashing down.

MM - I can't deny that I'd still go for that opportunity... as long as it didn't deny me the life I've already built.

Omo - no doubt! My oldest son is only 3 and in the 90-95th percentile for height/weight for his age. I definitely am going to have a run for my money when he starts to really grow. and naw... I'm not *special* enough to deliver RSS to people.... c'mon now... I hardly even update the damn thing.

and thanks everyone else too!
  #12   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 21st, 2006, 05:28 PM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
Long time no see EJ! It's good to see that you're still kicking and that the boys haven't buried you alive on a family vacation! They seem to be shooting up so fast... but then again, just look at their daddy! I feel for your wallet around the time they hit 13-18 yrs of age... that and your doorways/low lying objects like lights and fans.

I'm glad to see that you've found some direction in your life and that the ride has smoothed out a bit. Kids have a way of forcing focus, well at least to those that are responsible .

Remember, leaning out isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing since the muscle you have will appear more defined! And if you're having to keep up with your kids I'm sure they'll have to grow, esp with you picking up a child that's in the 90th and up precentile!

Keep us updated and it's good to hear you're doing so great!
  #13   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 22nd, 2006, 02:03 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
First off, it's amazing you posted Optimusx, which like never happens.

Second, lets see, low flying objects...UFO's, Stimpysaurus feet,etc. Hehe, what did I take last night to make me so ditsy, I'll edit this post later too stupid to make sense right now.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options