You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to dfbd's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 23rd, 2006, 03:21 PM

dfbd is on a distinguished road
I don't like female bodybuilders

[COLOR=black]Youtube has a lot of great videos of super-buff dudes doing all sorts of flexing, pumping, and posing routines. But when you type in a word like "flex" into the search bar, usually you'll get a TON of female bodybuilder vids as well.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]As a gay guy, female bodybuilders are an enormous, enormous turn-off to me. I mean, I like guys, and I like muscular guys because to me, being buff is like the ultimate manly thing. The power, and the look, it's just so incredibly masculine.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]But the women are getting so big now, I don't know if it's with new forms of steroids or what. These days, when I see a picture of a buff guy or meet one in real life of whatever I can't help but think "yeah, but there is probably a woman out there who is bigger than him." Such thoughts are the ultimate turn-off. The idea that a woman can be beating a man at such an inherently masculine activity like bodybuilding. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#a7b6be][COLOR=black]Do you know where I'm coming from? Can you relate? It's a matter that's sort of been bothering me as of late.[/COLOR] [/COLOR]
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 23rd, 2006, 03:46 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Well, yes and no

Because being bi, female bodybuilders (morphed only) are a turn-on for me. Mainly it's just how you view it. Truthfully, seeing a super-muscled woman in real life is rather disgusting, but when morphed, WOOF!
  #3   Add to Rannen's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 23rd, 2006, 08:30 PM

Rannen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rannen
A hugely muscled female is gross to me. I totally know where you're coming from, dfbd.
  #4   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 23rd, 2006, 08:41 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
A woman...

...soaked in male hormones is a MAN! Sort of. It's an inherent problem in female bodybuilding. They're taking an essentially male attribute (big muscles) & applying it to females. I TOTALLY respect the same dedication to training & diet that women bodybuilders express; but I can't help but feel that it displays an underlying dislike for women's bodies.
  #5   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 24th, 2006, 07:09 AM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
Different yolks for different folks. That's what I say. Most men in the world are straight (GASP! Ain't it a shocka'?!) and therefore, despite the fact that muscularity is a masculine trait, there's bound to be more female bodybuilder stuff than male bodybuilder stuff. Unfortunately, the female muscle clips are more sexualized, not by their nature, but by the people who post and watch them. This doesn't happen as much for the men. It's sad that these women, many of whom want nothing to do with erotica, are turned into pure sex objects but you could say the same for the men.

Never forget that the guy or girl who gets you off on the video is a real person with a life meant for much more than your own sexual gratification. I'll get off of my soapbox now.
  #6   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 24th, 2006, 11:45 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Well, I don't get female bodybuilders either. To me, they look like they want to be men (so have a sex-change already!) However, we live in a big complex world, and we have to respect others living their lives, just as we want to be respected for living ours how we want. Also, girly-girls have so many fun things like 4" Italian sling-backs, designer hand bags, and Valintino dresses, why would they want to emulate men?
  #7   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 24th, 2006, 01:17 PM

vlad is on a distinguished road
I totally respect it if people are into muscular females...I mean, we all sort of share a strange turn-on on this forum, wouldn't you agree?

but I completely, abolutely 100% agree.... I can think of fewer things that turn me off more than female bodybuilders. so you're not alone there.
  #8   Add to rockhopper's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 24th, 2006, 01:53 PM

rockhopper
Send a message via AIM to rockhopper Send a message via Yahoo to rockhopper
I agree that female bodybuilders are a major turn-off--but then I'm not attracted to women anyway. If it's what other people like, that's fine. I just ignore those.

I would like it if YouTube had a better search feature, such as being able to exclude words (eg, "pecs and not women").
  #9   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 24th, 2006, 06:32 PM
"This is no trick!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad
I totally respect it if people are into muscular females...I mean, we all sort of share a strange turn-on on this forum, wouldn't you agree?
Yep that we do, although I gotta agree on the fact that the men (and other women) do kinda turn them into sex symbols, but...don't we as well? (only with men of course)
  #10   Add to LittleArm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 24th, 2006, 09:16 PM

LittleArm
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleArm
As a big follower of the sport of bodybuilding, I do have a certain respect for female bodybuilders. Frankly, at a BODYBUILDING contest I'd much rather see true female muscle than all the "fitness models" and other bizarre categories they waste so much time with. For my personal tastes, I do draw the line at female vascularity. Big muscles on women don't bother me, but big veins do.

Naturally, if a woman has a healthy self-image and chooses to be as vascular as posisble, then that's her business and more power to her.
  #11   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 25th, 2006, 07:33 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
I am pretty biased on this topic. As a guy who believes in "natural" muscle on the human body wherein my definition of natural means "without any hormonal supplementation at all" this goes right along with female bodybuilders. It's awesome if a woman wants to workout and get stronger - fantastic! But when you're adding hormones so you look more like a man than a female body would normally allow... that doesn't seem right.

Honestly also - as "bi" and transitioning this into an argument about sex symbols... I do prefer my women strong and real as opposed to thin and anorexic. Nothing is hotter (on women anyway) than a hot set of strong legs!
  #12   Add to thufirhawat's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 25th, 2006, 01:07 PM
(Lower) muscle lover

thufirhawat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to thufirhawat Send a message via AIM to thufirhawat Send a message via MSN to thufirhawat Send a message via Yahoo to thufirhawat Send a message via Skype™ to thufirhawat
I agree with dfdb, Rannen, brent and rockhopper. I'm gay too and I find female bodybuilder quite gross...I don't mind them doing that (they do what they want with their bodies) but I just don't like that.
  #13   Add to charliepanayi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 25th, 2006, 01:21 PM

charliepanayi
Send a message via MSN to charliepanayi Send a message via Yahoo to charliepanayi
I'm the opposite to most here I guess, I'm bi and I actually often quite like female BBs (maybe it's just that I like muscle in general, on guys and girls), though it depends on the person of course. As for what you find on youtube, well you find bloody well everything on youtube when you search usually anyway, just ignore the female muscle stuff if you don't like it, I'll take it and the male muscle
  #14   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 25th, 2006, 01:53 PM
"This is no trick!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethernet_jock
my definition of natural means "without any hormonal supplementation at all" this goes right along with female bodybuilders. It's awesome if a woman wants to workout and get stronger - fantastic! But when you're adding hormones so you look more like a man than a female body would normally allow... that doesn't seem right.

Honestly also - as "bi" and transitioning this into an argument about sex symbols... I do prefer my women strong and real as opposed to thin and anorexic. Nothing is hotter (on women anyway) than a hot set of strong legs!
Yep, steroids are the turn off for me, if you want to look like a man, try gettin a sex change. Keep your face from looking like someone threw shit on a skull for a face and called it good. Although unlike Ethernet, I enjoy a good powerful bicep then a set of big ole legs.
  #15   Add to deetrakt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 25th, 2006, 03:32 PM

deetrakt is on a distinguished road
While I'm gay, I don't think that's why the really humongous female BBs repel me--it's because they look like men in drag. There's something about the combination of a two-piece bikini, dyed and styled hair and lots of makeup on a body and facial structure like a guy's that always reminds me of Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon "dressed up" in "Some Like it Hot".
  #16   Add to martinp13's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 25th, 2006, 09:57 PM

martinp13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetrakt
While I'm gay, I don't think that's why the really humongous female BBs repel me--it's because they look like men in drag. There's something about the combination of a two-piece bikini, dyed and styled hair and lots of makeup on a body and facial structure like a guy's that always reminds me of Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon "dressed up" in "Some Like it Hot".
Exactly. The biceps are pretty hot, but the jaw, deep voice, and pecs (no longer are they boobs) are terrifying.
  #17   Add to inbhm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 26th, 2006, 06:34 AM

inbhm is on a distinguished road
Frankly, As men who like muscle I'm surprised you don't know exactly what a female bodybuilder feels about muscle.
  #18   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 26th, 2006, 08:46 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by inbhm
Frankly, As men who like muscle I'm surprised you don't know exactly what a female bodybuilder feels about muscle.
No, we don't because none of us are female bodybuilders . . . unless YOU are a female bodybuilder in which case you should enlighten us on why you do what you do and how you feel about it. The only weapon that can defeat ignorance is knowledge.
  #19   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 26th, 2006, 09:02 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
My guess is...

...female bodybuilders enjoy the sensation of power & the outward manifestation of it as much OR MORE than some males do! Just because it is generally denied to them. But I still think it might also be a sign of self-negation. Lisa Lyons worked out at my gym a few times. She had a BEAUTIFUL body, no drugs, but muscly. & she clearly knew her way around a gym!
  #20   Add to grubby41's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 27th, 2006, 12:51 AM

grubby41 is on a distinguished road
Well...in some respects muscle is muscle, and muscle turns me on. Collette Guimond is a power-house, small in stature, but thick, and full, and round, and somehow very feminine in spite of the fact that she could stop a bus. She would certainly make for an interesting wife....hmmmm.
  #21   Add to redwolf64's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 27th, 2006, 03:52 AM

redwolf64
Send a message via AIM to redwolf64 Send a message via Yahoo to redwolf64
I consider myself a gay man, but find big muscle and muscle growth hot in any form. With female BB's, it's the makeup and feminine dress that makes me loose interest. One person that's surprised me, or at least I've been surprised by reaction to the person, is Buck Angel. Buck is a FTM transsexual who has bulked up and watching that transformation is really hot.
  #22   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 27th, 2006, 05:30 PM
"This is no trick!"

Three reasons...

...Why people don't like women bodybuilders.

1. Children nowadays are taught that being huge and muscled is a bad thing (and those same people who teach that bitch about the obesity level).

2. Women have earned their right to do more then what they could have a century ago yet people in general don't want them to become bodybuilders.

3. Most men are too afraid that if a woman gets huge they could hurt them (manliness and all that). So the men try to discourage them.
  #23   Add to dfbd's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 28th, 2006, 10:41 PM

I certainly wouldn't deny that I find them threatening, in a sexual way. Because as I said, they challenge gender roles, which can be uncomfortable.

From my perspective, I think it's sort of similar to the strong aversion to drag queens some straight guys seem to have. The idea of a man being equally capable to be just as feminine (and femininely sexualized) as a woman makes a lot of guys uncomfortable. And I'm fully willing to say I find the idea of a woman who can be just as muscular and masculine as a man to be equally disturbing from my, gay, perspective.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, people can do what they want. But it's a bizarre phenomenon all the same.
  #24   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2006, 06:13 AM
"This is no trick!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfbd
I certainly wouldn't deny that I find them threatening, in a sexual way. Because as I said, they challenge gender roles, which can be uncomfortable.

From my perspective, I think it's sort of similar to the strong aversion to drag queens some straight guys seem to have. The idea of a man being equally capable to be just as feminine (and femininely sexualized) as a woman makes a lot of guys uncomfortable. And I'm fully willing to say I find the idea of a woman who can be just as muscular and masculine as a man to be equally disturbing from my, gay, perspective.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, people can do what they want. But it's a bizarre phenomenon all the same.
Yes, it is a bizarre thing, but then again, why should we try and stop them? I mean, I mainly only hear people talk about "Female bodybuilding is a bad thing" when it is brought up. I mean, if it was truly a bad thing wouldn't society in general try and do something about it? I think that some people just need something to put their anger on sometimes, it would be kinda like Tiger Woods complaining about a woman golfer getting better then him.
  #25   Add to dfbd's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2006, 11:05 AM

Well, I never actually said anything like "we must stop this monstrous practice at once!" I was just expressing my views on the matter, wondering if other people felt the same.

People do a lot of other weird things to their bodies I don't particularly care for, like piercing through their foreheads, tattoos on their faces, tongue-splitting, teeth-filing, etc. But we live in a free country where people can do what they want, and I'd certainly not tell anyone they shouldn't do something they enjoy, for whatever reason. But I'm equally free to express my disgust or dislike.
  #26   Add to testosteroni's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 23rd, 2006, 11:03 PM

testosteroni
I'm extremely turned on by both male and female muscle--the bigger the better! But I'm turned off by anybody that looks like a man in drag (unless they're 100% convincing), muscles or not--and it just so happens that more female bodybuilders look like men in drag than women in general because of the steroids. I find the incongruity between a girl's "feminine" sex and "masculine" characteristics like muscles (and aggression) very appealing.
  #27   Add to muscleboytom's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2009, 07:08 AM

muscleboytom
Send a message via Yahoo to muscleboytom
female bodybuilders

I'm turned on by male and female muscle growth/bodybuilders, bigger the better.

To each his or her own is my motto, live and let live. Basically, I have a muscle fetish that loves muscle growth on either sex. Something about the gender bending of extreme hardcore female bodybuilding and female muscle growth to superheavyweight levels is a huge turn-on.

Love to chat more about this with others that are into similar interests, muscleboytom on yahoo IM.

Tommy
  #28   Add to chuckiebear's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM

chuckiebear is on a distinguished road
There are plenty of Amazonian images in photos, fantasy art, morphs, etc. that can really pop my nut. I'm somewhat bi, but foremost it is hard, sculptured muscle that does it for me. And since I don't enjoy anal sex, the thought that all that muscle is attached to a cunt is sometimes a fantasy turn-on, but not in real life, as with an in-the-flesh musclewoman. That such a person actually exists just points up the fact that masculinity, the quality I find most attractive, is not exclusively a male trait. What a bone-killer! After all, our erections are hard-wired to the feeling of being the biggest, baddest motherfucker on the savannah. That's what kept the species strong in our genetic past.
  #29   Add to digger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2009, 03:15 PM

digger is on a distinguished road
News flash: most bodybuilders do not pursue their sport (our sport?) for the sake of turning on spectators. I think Dorian Yates said the worst part of bodybuilding was the show: getting your body the best it can be is awesome, but getting the results in front of an audience is not the point (that is, it wasn't the point for him).

This site is for folks who are turned on by muscle. I think it's fine to say "I am turned on by male bodybuilders but not by female bodybuilders." Let's just not go the extra step and conclude "I can't understand why they would want to do that." Whatever the reason is, it has nothing to do with turning us on.

And to echo a couple other comments here, all competitive bodybuilders (male and female) work their asses off in the gym and in the kitchen. The sport is about dedication, about pushing yourself right up to the edge. The women I see at my gym who compete are amazingly focused. And having talked to a couple of them, I can say that they are just as nice as the next person. I *do* like them--as people--without being attracted to them.

Now, if they used Clitter then I might be more attracted to them:
  #30   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2009, 05:55 PM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
I loved female bodybuilding back in the day of people like Cory Everson, who looked strong, but feminine. The problem is, in any sport, it becomes more extreme year after year, as people try to set new standards. In bodybuilding, that means more muscle.

With men, this isn't such a problem, because extreme muscularity on men is just more of what makes them masculine in the first place. But on women, it means they become more and more like men, until, yes, they are really just drag queens; and ugly ones at that.

The sport tried to address this by switching to women's fitness contests, but the same thing has happened there: extreme muscularity, dressed up like hookers. It's even more grotesque than the bodybuilders were.

It isn't an issue for me, because, as a gay man, I have no dog in that fight. But I do have to wonder about the mental health of women who make themselves look as much like men as possible. They really are 75% of the way to a sex change, so why not go all the way?

And I do wish they would have their contests on different days. It is really disgusting to be surrounded by all these bass-voiced women in pounds of pancake to hide their stubble, dressed like they escaped from Minsky's in 1925.
  #31   Add to droz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2009, 08:30 PM

droz
Re: I don't like female bodybuilders

Being one of the few straight guys on this forum...which is my impression, not a fact I could be wrong. I can understand "dfbd's" statement, Everyone had their preference, opinion, etc. It's a free country, freedom of speech, etc.

How ever in some cases some people may want to politely say that sometimes "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

Too each their own, live and let live. You do your thing, other people will do theirs
  #32   Add to ma$$man's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2009, 09:13 AM

ma$$man is on a distinguished road
i love female bbs, somthing about them just do it for me
bb men are the only men that get me goin aswell so meh, must just be the muscle part
  #33   Add to chuckiebear's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2009, 09:43 AM

chuckiebear is on a distinguished road
Bull - I completely agree with your assessment of female bbr's. Well said.
  #34   Add to z129's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2009, 08:01 PM

z129 is on a distinguished road
While I don't particularly care for female BBers either, being gay and all, what's the point of the OP? It's that old saying, if you don't have anything nice to say...
  #35   Add to Ogun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Flaming Dreamer

Ogun is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ogun Send a message via Skype™ to Ogun
Now, if they used Clitter then I might be more attracted to them: [/quote]
:P Hilarious... but we only get lights...

I "have no dog in the race," but pics of female bodybuilder scare me. Funny enough some drawing of women are rather nice..

My Squiby!
php

My Brute! (non-Muxxu) http://perveron.mybrute.com
Muxxu info: RedCrab
  #36   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2009, 08:06 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfbd View Post
Do you know where I'm coming from? Can you relate? It's a matter that's sort of been bothering me as of
My guess is that they don't much like YOU either, so you're probably even.

All the best...

Richard
  #37   Add to showoff4me's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2009, 06:19 PM

showoff4me is on a distinguished road
Definitely into female muscle here too--and I'm completely gay. 100%. But I'd marry a female tomorrow if she were as muscular as Jay Cutler.
  #38   Add to cloud19's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 21st, 2009, 08:28 PM

cloud19 is on a distinguished road
I've never cared much for bodybuilding women; that is, I've never found them attractive. But I like them more as persons than the delicate, girly alternatives. I like girls who can lift weights, play war videogames, skatekboard, go hunting, or who like muscle, and get along with guys fine. I think they are cool, but women who don't like muscle and react negatively to it are uncool, pathetic losers!. I'd slap them in the soft, make-up smeared face. SLAP!
  #39   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 21st, 2009, 08:40 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
In other words, you like the tomboy next door?

Not a bad choice either really
  #40   Add to jukeboxxx#'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Beati Pauperes Spiritu

jukeboxxx# is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jukeboxxx#
Red face The perfect body

Desire to have a prefect body is what turns me on, male or female doesn't matter to me. I even like "The great work of alchemy" hentai with hyper-muscled hyper-endowed shemales.

So the answer is no, can't relate to you. But I'm sure nobody can relate to me anyways.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options