Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2006, 05:51 AM
pirate

Indentify muscle guy whether they are on steroids

deleted post

Last edited by pirate; December 23rd, 2009 at 02:37 AM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2006, 06:00 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate
Hi, I would like to know how to identify a person whether he is using steroids or not.

Please tell me whether Zeb atlas, Mark Dalton, Jay Cutler, Bruce Patterson, Jake mclennen uses steroids...
Jay Cutler, yes, Bruce Patterson, yes. The others I wouldn't like to say for sure, but I believe that they might have done in the past (if not at the moment). The biggest clue is their nipples.
  #3   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2006, 08:03 AM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
All of the above...

...with the possble exception of Mc Clennan. I don't know who he is. Grainy skin & breakouts are tell-tale; particularly in white folk.
  #4   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2006, 10:03 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
...with the possble exception of Mc Clennan. I don't know who he is. Grainy skin & breakouts are tell-tale; particularly in white folk.
You Tube Video Clip
  #5   Add to inflatedmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:49 AM

inflatedmuscle is on a distinguished road
No flaming meant by this note. Those earlier responses are pretty generalized. I've been there and done that and known several others who juiced. I never had acne breakout, nipples didn't change and grainy skin? Didn't know any of the other guys to have either. I've heard of guys having acne problems while on but I had bad acne as a kid and it never bothered me. Biggest thing I noticed besides muscles getting bigger and strength increases was that I got pretty vascular without getting very lean. Had a buddy who had a lot of experience with steroids and he used to look at those Fit for Life articles that Bill Phillps put out and point out the ones who he was sure had added some juice as part of their natural diet contest. Think it had more to do with the rapid change from dough boy to totally ripped and muscled.

I'm not sure you can tell for sure who is on and who isn't just by looking. There is such a wide range in people's natural test production and genetic potential as far as muscle goes. That real jacked looking guy might just be one of the lucky few who won the genetic lottery. At at the other end if the spectrum -not everybody with gyno is on juice.

Jay Cutler - sure he is. No questions about that. Every guy who is a competing pro bodybuilder is on. Jay is a genetic freak who would look huge even if he had never touched the stuff but he wouldn't look like he does without it.

Now here is my turn at generalzations. I'd say every guy you see on the cover and most of the pages of any muscle or fitness magazine is on - even the 170 pound fitness models with 15" arms and the ripped 12-pack abs. Not all guys using steroids are 260 hulks or even want to be. The natural competitors are something else - big debate is if you are not on steroids but use other suppliments that kick your natural test production well beyond the norms - are you really natural? I don't think all the guys in natural shows do but some do. If they say they are natural - it's good enough for me.

Zeb I don't know as I haven't seen a lot of his pictures but in some that I've seen he just looks like a big strapping athletic guy. He could be natural. The others are on or were in the photos I've seen. Any straight bodybuilder -type who has a web site and wants to pose for you in exchange for money is on roids. He's got to pay for them some how.

No put downs intended - I was just enjoying this topic.

Last edited by inflatedmuscle; December 7th, 2006 at 08:59 PM.
  #6   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 3rd, 2006, 01:51 PM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
InflatedMuscle

I totally, TOTALLY agree with your observations. You can't always tell when someone is juicing. I had a friend who used to juice in heavy quantities but he didn't look like it at all. Why? He used to smoke, he used to eat junk food, he drank heavily, and his training regimen was a JOKE! And yet and still, when he was out at the bars he used to literally brag to complete strangers that he was juicing with this drug or that drug. Totally insane!

On the other hand, I've had friends who were 100 percent completely natural and it showed. Certainly they looked better than if they hadn't been to a gym or worked out but by far and away, no one was going to accuse them of being a juicehead.

So can you tell if someone is juicing or not? Not if they don't know what the fvck they're doing but if they are eating right, training hard, not partying or smoking, they should look the part!

just my 2 cents.
Dave.
  #7   Add to benchdude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 4th, 2006, 05:44 PM

benchdude has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasmsl
I totally, TOTALLY agree with your observations. You can't always tell when someone is juicing. I had a friend who used to juice in heavy quantities but he didn't look like it at all. Why? He used to smoke, he used to eat junk food, he drank heavily, and his training regimen was a JOKE! And yet and still, when he was out at the bars he used to literally brag to complete strangers that he was juicing with this drug or that drug. Totally insane!
I've heard of people doing that too, roids with little or no extra effort on their part in the gym. always wondered why anyone would do that, it's just a huge waste of money. yes, roids will make you bigger or more ripped (depending on what you're going for and which one you use), even without doing much at all, when compared to not using them, but if you're still going to be lazy, why bother?
  #8   Add to pmzqqzmp's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 5th, 2006, 05:58 PM

pmzqqzmp is on a distinguished road
Fact is you can't tell for sure without a blood test. There are tell-tale signs, but those aren't foolproof.
  #9   Add to LittleArm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 5th, 2006, 11:30 PM

LittleArm
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleArm
One of the flaws in the drug-testing system for contests is that they only test for CURRENT usage. So a competitor could do roids for 10 years and grow huge, then go clean for 6 months and still be eligible for a "natural" show.
  #10   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2006, 03:15 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Natural Contest Flaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleArm
One of the flaws in the drug-testing system for contests is that they only test for CURRENT usage. So a competitor could do roids for 10 years and grow huge, then go clean for 6 months and still be eligible for a "natural" show.
And that is how a lot of those natural contest competitors do it. I remember one time being totally floored when the owner of my old gym appeared on the stage of one of these all natural contests. I was FLOORED because I knew 'factually' that he was a heavy juicer. The only test they provided was supposedly a lie detector test and then only on the winners, of which he was one but he told me later that he didn't have to take the test. The answer was obvious; the promoter didn't want to know! LOL.
  #11   Add to LittleArm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2006, 08:03 AM

LittleArm
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleArm
I also question the validity of lie-detector tests. Even under normal circumstances, they are not guaranteed accurate. They detect biological stresses in the body. But when a bodybuilder is in contest-ready condition, his body is under EXTREME stress. He's dehydrated and has suddenly unhealthy bodyfat levels. That's a big shock to the system, and I can't imagine it not affecting a lie-detector.
  #12   Add to inflatedmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2006, 09:51 AM

inflatedmuscle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleArm
I also question the validity of lie-detector tests. Even under normal circumstances, they are not guaranteed accurate. They detect biological stresses in the body. But when a bodybuilder is in contest-ready condition, his body is under EXTREME stress. He's dehydrated and has suddenly unhealthy bodyfat levels. That's a big shock to the system, and I can't imagine it not affecting a lie-detector.
Had a friend who competed juiced in a few of the supposedly natural contests. They were small regional shows. He said most of the guys who placed or came close were on. He said everybody knew how to pass the lie-detector test. I'm not sure if I followed his explaination exactly but he had to answer a series of questions that they ask to get your base stress readings. The questions were things that they knew such as your name and age and the like. He said as an example when they ask 'is your name John Brown ?'- you answer yes while thinking 'no, it's John Martin Brown'. With your base measurements off, it won't pick up when you do lie. Anyway he said anybody with an experience knew how to get by the lie detector - suppose that is why they don't use them for evidence in court. Any rate as Dave mentioned earlier the promoters don't care as they are just trying to fill the seats and make some money. I was always a bit skeptical as to whether he could really fool a lie-detector test but he was convinced he could.

Last edited by inflatedmuscle; December 7th, 2006 at 09:14 PM.
  #13   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 8th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Angry "Lie detectors" are a myth!!!

The device is a Polygraph... and it record physilogical functions that are commonly associated with stress and it is ASSUMED that if you show any alteration in resperation, heart rate, blood pressure, or skin conductivity (ie you sweat) that you are being deceptive and are stressed be cause of that deception...

In reality all it detects it that you have feelings about something that is going on while you are connected to the machine... and because they are manually adusted during the interview they are only as reliable as to what you have feelings about as the operator... for the most part they are no better then the operators guess... No I don't like Polygraphs or the people that believe in them...

Ender
  #14   Add to UrGaath's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2006, 01:02 AM

UrGaath is on a distinguished road
Yeah, polygraphs are not reputable. All they do is test if the person is stressed, with the assumption that the subject is stressed by lying. argh.
I was tested with polygraphs for my first job in high school (in 84, before it (thankfully) became illegal). After eight months with the firm and then going off to college, I came back for christmas vacation and they gave me the test again and the doofus running the stupidbox decided I had been stealing from the company. fucker. fortunately the store manager could (and did) override Mr. Science's Dumbshit Seance Party and got me the job again.
The respect that polygraphs continue to get is disturbing.

UrGaath
  #15   Add to benchdude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2006, 04:30 PM

benchdude has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrGaath
Yeah, polygraphs are not reputable. All they do is test if the person is stressed, with the assumption that the subject is stressed by lying. argh.
I was tested with polygraphs for my first job in high school (in 84, before it (thankfully) became illegal). After eight months with the firm and then going off to college, I came back for christmas vacation and they gave me the test again and the doofus running the stupidbox decided I had been stealing from the company. fucker. fortunately the store manager could (and did) override Mr. Science's Dumbshit Seance Party and got me the job again.
The respect that polygraphs continue to get is disturbing.

UrGaath
something like that happened where my sister worked at a fast food place (not with the same happy ending though). someone was stealing money and they decided to polygraph everyone (imagine how a teenager would feel being on one). so the first girl was so nervous that she obviously failed it, and without even questioning anything, they fired her on the spot. and then of course it turned out that she wasn't the one who did it. I never heard about hiring her back or an apology or anything.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options