The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to b.spencer's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 10th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Gaining Muscle Rep by Rep

b.spencer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to b.spencer
To DonnieJvilleNC and the rest of you guys . . .

[COLOR=black]Hi Guys,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I've never posted here before even though I've lurked for about 6 months now. I just wanted to thank you guys who post here for being an inspiration to me. I've addressed this to DonnieJvilleNC since we seem to have a lot in common from your posts and your blog and I've followed your progress in silent admiration. (I was born and raised in South Carolina, teach math and special ed in high school, love Harry Turtledove novels and Young Frankenstein, among other things.) But, this goes for all of you.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I was always a heavy guy, but I put that to good use in high school playing football on the line, which kept my weight in check. But, as often happens with us "athletes," I went to college, quit working out, and started to gain weight. The "freshman 15" became the "freshman 30" and more. To make a long story short, 13 years later, I was 31, 5'11, 375 lbs, and miserable. I came across this site this past summer and after reading many of the posts and stories here, I decided to give gaining muscle one last try. I went out and bought some weights, a bench, and a bike and started to exercise and watch what I ate.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Well, it's six months later. I'm 107 lbs. lighter as of this morning, coming in at 267. I've shrunk from a size 58 pants to size 40. I've dropped from a size XXXXL shirt to an XLT (need the tall for my shoulders which are actually wider than when I started.) No one I know, especially my students, can believe the transformation. (My doctor thinks I must have some disease, but every test she gives me comes back beyond excellent) I'm not finished losing fat yet, but I've managed to gain some muscle mass, especially in the chest and legs, despite being on a relatively restrictive diet. I hope to be basically done with concentrating on fat loss by the end of the summer and can turn to a more muscle growth diet and workout routine. I know I'll get there, and I'm totally addicted to this. I'll never stop again.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I don't have the guts to post pics yet (Maybe in the spring when there's a bit less of me.) I guess I just wanted to thank all of you who have the guts to show your progress and tell your stories here. I've never talked with any of you much less met you (maybe someday), but you've changed my life. I'll always be in your debt.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#a7b6be][COLOR=black]Brad in Morristown, TN[/COLOR] [/COLOR]
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to DonnieJvilleNC's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 10th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Pop Culture Savant

DonnieJvilleNC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via MSN to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via Yahoo to DonnieJvilleNC
Thumbs up Congrats, and Thanks, Brad!

Brad,

I don't know what else to say but "thank you and congratulations"! You've really touched my heart with that post. I never knew that anyone would use my journey as an inspirational story. I'm glad I could help get you started. I really look forward to reading your continued transformation.

Just remember that we're all here to help and encourage each other. A huge amount of my inspiration and encouragement comes from the great people who are regular posters on this forum. Without them, I probably wouldn't have come as far as I have.

Brad, I'd be honored to meet you one day. We could meet and go work out...and afterwards watch Mel Brooks DVD's....lol.

You've made excellent progress in such a short time. I envy you for being a former jock. Your "muscle memory" seems to have kicked into high gear. Keep up the great job!
Jacksonville, Onslow County, NC, USA
I'm reminded of the immortal last words of Socrates who said, "I Drank What?!"
  #3   Add to jcnutt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 10th, 2007, 03:16 PM

jcnutt has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to jcnutt Send a message via Yahoo to jcnutt
Thumbs up Well Done Brad!!

I want to pass my congrats on to you also. It takes a lot of determination to do what you have done and you should be commended for it. Keep at it, the journey only gets to be more fun as you see the changes taking place. I have only recently found the nerve to post pics, knowing that all you get from this board is support and motivation.

Donnie, I am sure you know Brad is not the only one that takes inspiration from what you have posted and accomplished. Kudo's to both of you.
  #4   Add to DonnieJvilleNC's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 10th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Pop Culture Savant

DonnieJvilleNC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via MSN to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via Yahoo to DonnieJvilleNC
Thanks JC.....

We all "pay it forward" when we get encouragement and inspiration. Plus, the competition within the forum is healthy.
Jacksonville, Onslow County, NC, USA
I'm reminded of the immortal last words of Socrates who said, "I Drank What?!"
  #5   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:39 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Congratulations on your tremendous personal transformation! I have a friend who also lost over 100 lbs and know the kind of dedication it took for you to achieve. Keep it up!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options