The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Joeyboi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 31st, 2007, 04:17 PM

Joeyboi is on a distinguished road
Smile Things getting smaller....

Ok, I know everyone enjoys as clothes start to fit tighter, but I've noticed some other changes as well. When at the gym, using certain machines that I used to be able to just lean back into, my shoulders catch on the handlebars now, so I have to twist a bit to fit in. Also, I thought I was crazy at first, but at work I keep bumping into walls etc because I'm used to them being farther away then they are. (work is very tight on space)

Anybody else notice stuff like this?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to muscleboyil's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 31st, 2007, 07:04 PM

muscleboyil
Send a message via Yahoo to muscleboyil
Yes, the main culprits have been my shirts! As my upper torso has started to fill out recently, my shirts not only are too tight on my arms, but they ride up my waist and become unpresentable. The most noticeable change in the gym has been the abdominal crunch... my lats and shoulders are a little more stuffed into it with a good pump.

Anyone else have more trouble reaching their arms in tight spaces to retrieve keys, change, etc? Hate that
  #3   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 31st, 2007, 07:37 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
I'm sure you do!

Hate that, that is.

Even in my deteriorating state there are still plenty of spaces I don't fit into (the gap between the kitchen counter and the refrigerator, for example) and I have to get my hubby or my son or daughter to reach it for me.

It's hard to squeeze through crowds, too. Sometimes I have a hard time keeping up with skinnier friends. I could push through 'em just fine but I wasn't brought up that way! :-)

rpj
  #4   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 7th, 2007, 08:19 AM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
Sometimes things are so gradual you just get use to it, until someone points out the obvious. I drive a Pontiac GrandAm and am currently around 270lbs at 6'. I had a friend over a few weekends ago and the first thing he commented on was "How the heck do you fit in that thing?". I hadn't thought of it, but if I sit in the driver's seat without doing my sorta odd twist with left hand on top center of the steering wheel I'm basically filling the seat with my left shoulder to the car wall and my right shoulder hanging over the middle console. He later commented that I needed to buy a larger vehicle to hold just me...haha.

I guess that's why when i rode in one of those Scion mini van type things I was rubbing against the driver while sitting in the passenger seat. Which says alot considering his shoulders didn't go past the edge of his chair.

And yes, not all gym equipment was created equal... there are times I look like a can of tightly packed sardines trying to get into some machines (like side lateral shoulder raises). That's not so much an issue for me as running out of weight on the stack to use... then breaking the cable because I added oh.. 3 more 45lb plates to whatever I was doing.. ahem... yeah... the owner wasn't upset, but I was.. I had two more sets to do after that one. Oh well, if it wasn't going to handle 3 45lb plates in addition to the 150lb weight stack for tricep pushdowns I doubt it would have handled the 4 45lb plates and a 25lb plate I would have stacked on for my last two sets. haha. See... that's a bigger issue, running out of machines that have enough weight!

OptimusX
  #5   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 7th, 2007, 11:09 AM

The only thing I can say is:

Woof!

Woof!

And WOOF again!

xoxo

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusx
Sometimes things are so gradual you just get use to it, until someone points out the obvious. I drive a Pontiac GrandAm and am currently around 270lbs at 6'. I had a friend over a few weekends ago and the first thing he commented on was "How the heck do you fit in that thing?". I hadn't thought of it, but if I sit in the driver's seat without doing my sorta odd twist with left hand on top center of the steering wheel I'm basically filling the seat with my left shoulder to the car wall and my right shoulder hanging over the middle console. He later commented that I needed to buy a larger vehicle to hold just me...haha.

I guess that's why when i rode in one of those Scion mini van type things I was rubbing against the driver while sitting in the passenger seat. Which says alot considering his shoulders didn't go past the edge of his chair.

And yes, not all gym equipment was created equal... there are times I look like a can of tightly packed sardines trying to get into some machines (like side lateral shoulder raises). That's not so much an issue for me as running out of weight on the stack to use... then breaking the cable because I added oh.. 3 more 45lb plates to whatever I was doing.. ahem... yeah... the owner wasn't upset, but I was.. I had two more sets to do after that one. Oh well, if it wasn't going to handle 3 45lb plates in addition to the 150lb weight stack for tricep pushdowns I doubt it would have handled the 4 45lb plates and a 25lb plate I would have stacked on for my last two sets. haha. See... that's a bigger issue, running out of machines that have enough weight!

OptimusX
  #6   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 7th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay
The only thing I can say is:

Woof!

Woof!

And WOOF again!
Scott is a tease.(*)

He hasn't posted any new pictures in AGES.

Scott

(*) The truth of this statement is universal. In other words
For Any(Person(Scott)), Tease(Scott) == true.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #7   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 7th, 2007, 11:58 AM

That applies to more than one Scott, ya know!

rpj

who has been having wet dreams involving 46 inch chests and 29 inch waists since reading a certain update profile...
  #8   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 7th, 2007, 07:35 PM

Tease? Me? I just don't take photos all that often of myself, so to show a sign of good faith and to dispell those nasty rumors that I'm a big tease... I present a photo from Feb 07!

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2627/feb07qh1.jpg

I didn't say it was a big photo
  #9   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 8th, 2007, 12:17 AM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Quote:
Tease? Me? I just don't take photos all that often of myself, so to show a sign of good faith and to dispell those nasty rumors that I'm a big tease... I present a photo from Feb 07!

Well, I do not know if you are a tease, but you definitely are a big guy! The pic may be small, but you look pretty good!

Ron III--III
  #10   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 8th, 2007, 12:50 AM

Not as big as you DaBigGuy1, but I'm working on it... 300 is the goal.. (for now).
  #11   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 8th, 2007, 06:23 AM
Muscle Czar

Quote:

Flirt.

Scott, noting that "flirt", "tease" and "never satisfied" are both attributes of all "scotts"

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #12   Add to Digibacker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 8th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Recently called 'immense'

Digibacker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Digibacker
Quote:
I present a photo from Feb 07! ...I didn't say it was a big photo
Hey, that'll do just fine. Pretty darn impressive -- you're looking huge.
  #13   Add to theardes's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 8th, 2007, 10:13 AM

theardes
Are you kidding me?

You?re huge! Just look into a room with 100 persons and there won?t be many as beefy as you are. Great muscle!
  #14   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 8th, 2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin
Flirt.

Scott, noting that "flirt", "tease" and "never satisfied" are both attributes of all "scotts"

Haha... oh so very true... I said I'd be satisfied with 230... till i got there.. then I said 250.. that went by quickly.. as I now look towards 300..hmm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by theardes
Just look into a room with 100 persons and there won?t be many as beefy as you are.
Well, as long as that room of 100 individuals isn't at a Bodybuilding show... then I'd probably be somewhere in the middle... There are some freaky huge people out there... no where near that .... yet..
  #15   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2007, 01:20 PM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
Haha... oh so very true... I said I'd be satisfied with 230... till i got there.. then I said 250.. that went by quickly.. as I now look towards 300..hmm..

Well, as long as that room of 100 individuals isn't at a Bodybuilding show... then I'd probably be somewhere in the middle... There are some freaky huge people out there... no where near that .... yet..
So true...there are some really big guys out there, but I myself never see them very often...well, big and MUSCULAR that is....

Unfortunately, I have seen a lof of big, out of shape people as of late.Which is a shame. So it is a treat when I do see the occasional big musclehead strolling by.

And when you see a big muscle guy in public, do you ever notice if he is checking you out also? Or he will glance at you if not just flat out nod and say hello? I have had that happen on occasion, and it is great...it is like a muscle comeraderie and we both know what it takes to get these muscles....like a brotherhood of sorts.

Ron III---III
  #16   Add to iluvmassivemusl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Big C

iluvmassivemusl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to iluvmassivemusl
Come on

Look, i might not be muscular but im really stong, seriuosly, is that all you muscleheads care about is other muscle heads, save some love for the big strong phat guy
  #17   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2007, 08:04 PM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Pretty Much BIG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmassivemusl
Look, i might not be muscular but im really stong, seriuosly, is that all you muscleheads care about is other muscle heads, save some love for the big strong phat guy
Pretty much!

Look, strong is good, and big and strong is good AGAIN! There's just something about SIZE that captures the eye and the imagination. It is good to be strong, but there's something to be said about that 21 inch bicep!

PLG
  #18   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2007, 08:07 PM
DaBigGuy1

Speaking of BIG....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifter73
Pretty much!

Look, strong is good, and big and strong is good AGAIN! There's just something about SIZE that captures the eye and the imagination. It is good to be strong, but there's something to be said about that 21 inch bicep!

PLG
Grat avatar, Lifter!

I agree completely! Tonight I saw a huge moose at the supermarket. Now you could NOT miss this guy as he was having to manuever through the aisle with his cart and shoulders bumping into everything! And it was great that he and I nodded to each other and gave the "hello" and glance...

Now THAT is what I'm talking about!

Ron III---III
  #19   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2007, 07:25 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Bumping into things.

Bumping into things is just a part of being a bodybuilder.

As far as shirts go, I've unfortunately, outgrown some of my favorites - oh well.
  #20   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2007, 05:27 PM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasmsl
Bumping into things is just a part of being a bodybuilder.

As far as shirts go, I've unfortunately, outgrown some of my favorites - oh well.
Well, Dallasmsl, judging from your avatar you are about to grow out of that shirt you have on! You look HUGE! And great arms to boot!

Ron III----III
  #21   Add to lewj99's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2007, 11:56 PM

lewj99
Send a message via Yahoo to lewj99
Quote:

---

OptimusX
Yes, I think you do need a new car. I'm sure you can find something spacious yet practical! And way to burst my bubble, LOL. Here I was all happy that I can finally do the whole stack for tricep pushdowns, and you were setting up to do well over twice that! Just don't come to my gym...it takes them months to repair the equipment.

As far as the OP's question goes...I haven't really noticed myself bumping into things (or maybe I'm just very careful!), but my old shirts are definitely a LOT tighter across the shoulders/back. There's a couple I've had to retire. Small price to pay I suppose.
  #22   Add to Juggarnaut's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 14th, 2007, 11:29 AM

Juggarnaut is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Juggarnaut
clothes tighter

I had a good bad expreince with tighter clothes ....

I just recently had to buy a suit for work ( yuck ) well when i bought he shirt it button OK - well the folllowing week i wore for the 1st time and could not get the thing buttoned ( top button)

in a way i was happy - but on the other hand - oh shit i have to by a new shirt now - Glad that i am having a growth spurt but man the clothing issue is gonna get expensive so I have to decice how much bigger i wann try and get .......- oh hell i'll just go naked -LOL

Jugg
  #23   Add to DonnieJvilleNC's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 14th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Pop Culture Savant

DonnieJvilleNC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via MSN to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via Yahoo to DonnieJvilleNC
Jugg,

Instead of buying a whole new shirt, you might want to invest in "shirt expanders". They add about 1/2" to the top button of dress shirts. Here's a link:

http://billhutton.tripod.com/

I hope this helps.
Jacksonville, Onslow County, NC, USA
I'm reminded of the immortal last words of Socrates who said, "I Drank What?!"
  #24   Add to Juggarnaut's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2007, 05:41 AM

Juggarnaut is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Juggarnaut
Hey Donnie - thanks for the link - that does help - had a guy at work tell me about the same thing ... nice to know I get some support at work for my growth

Take care

Jugg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieJvilleNC
Jugg,

Instead of buying a whole new shirt, you might want to invest in "shirt expanders". They add about 1/2" to the top button of dress shirts. Here's a link:

http://billhutton.tripod.com/

I hope this helps.
  #25   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 17th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggarnaut
Hey Donnie - thanks for the link - that does help - had a guy at work tell me about the same thing ... nice to know I get some support at work for my growth

Take care

Jugg
Working in a very very geeky place, I rarely wear dress shirts, However, what I have noticed is that my t-shirts, polos, etc are all getting shorter as my chest and back expand. I'm kinda use to my pant legs being tight, but damn it, some of these are my favorite shirts!

(just how geeky is work -- a couple days after the Lego arrived in the office, someone constructed a scale replica of our building)

#26   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 2nd, 2007, 06:51 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
What happened to the new shirt sizes?

OK, this is just a little bit Twilight Zone to me. I normally wear a size XL shirt and it gives me a little extra room to allow for shrinkage, plus my arms are about an inch longer than average so it works out fine for me. I recently decided to buy shirts for work and found some size 17 on sale (and the packages say that 17=XL). but when I tried them on they j-u-u-st barley fit. In fact they almost seem like a size Large, if I wash them they will be more like a Medium.
Did they start downsizing shirt sizes recently?
Maybe I want to secretly believe that I've gotten bigger
  #27   Add to strongman2006's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 2nd, 2007, 10:24 PM
strongman2006

strongman2006 is on a distinguished road
Seeing muscle guys in public...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigGuy1
So true...there are some really big guys out there, but I myself never see them very often...well, big and MUSCULAR that is....

Unfortunately, I have seen a lot of big, out of shape people as of late.Which is a shame. So it is a treat when I do see the occasional big musclehead strolling by.

And when you see a big muscle guy in public, do you ever notice if he is checking you out also? Or he will glance at you if not just flat out nod and say hello? I have had that happen on occasion, and it is great...it is like a muscle comeraderie and we both know what it takes to get these muscles....like a brotherhood of sorts.

Ron III---III
Ron,

I totally agree with you here. I'm basically the biggest guy at work size-wise. The guy bigger than me is, unfortunately, rotund and focuses on work than his own health. It's really a shame but I can only worry about myself.

Living in the city, I commute quite a bit on buses and trains and just me getting into one causes many to make double-takes towards me which I eventually got used to.

But seeing another huge muscle guy during my commutes is a true eye opener from the atypical crowd of freaks such as goths, punks, skateboarders, beggars, bored teenage mallrats, etc. (I hope I didn't offend anyone here. )

I haven't had a muscled guy greet me during my travels but I do have a number of transit employees I see regularly to and from my gym who can simply recognize me by my stature which is cool.

Anyway, I'll talk to you guys later!

5'6", 310 lbs., 54" ch, 21.5" a, 20" neck, 30" quads, 19.5" calves

"I'm NOT a person anymore ... I'm THE HULK!"
-- Prologue to "The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction" video game
  #28   Add to ChunkJGZX's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:05 PM

ChunkJGZX is on a distinguished road
Been banging my elbows on doorframes lately, a LOT--and it occurred to me the other day why--I'm not used to compensating for how wide my arms go out now.
  #29   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2007, 09:47 AM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
Smile Hey Drew

That's damn hot!!!
  #30   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:21 PM

Other shirts

That sounds like a polo or t shirt, drew, based upon "couldn't pull it off over my head". What's happening to your button down shirts?
  #31   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2007, 04:10 PM

New growth

Anybody feeling anything getting smaller lately?
  #32   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 10th, 2007, 01:12 PM
DaBigGuy1

Things getting smaller......

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkoutlvr
Well, I don't know if this counts, but.....

Recently got some clothes out of my storage that had been packed away just a couple of years ago, and NOTHING fits at all! And it's a shame as they were all pretty nice shirts and pants.

Recently tried on a T-Shirt that is beginning to fit a little more form fitting and bordeline too too tight for me.... imagine the shock and joy when I saw on the tag that it was the XXXL shirt that I was growing out of!

Ron IIII----IIII
  #33   Add to strongman2006's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 10th, 2007, 01:34 PM
strongman2006

Talking Smaller?

Quote:
For me, my gym string tank tops are getting tighter due to too much heavy upper body exercises (shoulders) and my dress pants at my thighs especially when sitting. I'm afraid they're gonna tear soon.

...But I like it!

#34   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 10th, 2007, 02:28 PM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongman2006
For me, my gym string tank tops are getting tighter due to too much heavy upper body exercises (shoulders) and my dress pants at my thighs especially when sitting. I'm afraid they're gonna tear soon.

...But I like it!
Way to go!!!

Gotta love these growth stories, and congrats, strongman2006!

Ron IIII-----IIII
  #35   Add to strongman2006's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 11th, 2007, 12:23 PM
strongman2006

Smile Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigGuy1
Way to go!!!

Gotta love these growth stories, and congrats, strongman2006!

Ron IIII-----IIII
Hey Ron,

Thanks...and congrats to you too! Keep up the good work! Love the way how you're progressing size-wise. I'll keep you guys up-to-date on my side as well.

Talk to ya later!

#36   Add to megamuscle69's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 16th, 2007, 05:27 PM

megamuscle69 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to megamuscle69
Thought I'd share what made my day today....
Realized today during my leg exercises that my undies are MUCH tighter than they used to be. I bought the pair i was wearing today in the beginning of May or so. Looks like I need to bump up to the next size!
  #37   Add to strongman2006's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 23rd, 2007, 08:43 AM
strongman2006

Shoulders getting wider

Quote:
I've been noticing that I've been getting out of bus exit doors sideways and almost every door in my house can't accomodate my wide frame so I have to go through at an angle.

I'm guessing my shoulder workouts are paying off but it also maybe the fact that I carry my 80-lb. gym bag with me all over the place on my shoulders or carried by my arms.

Guess I don't need a car.

#38   Add to gogr2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 23rd, 2007, 06:09 PM

Location: Home: California Coast; Currently Stationed: Ft Hood, TX
gogr2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gogr2 Send a message via Yahoo to gogr2 Send a message via Skype™ to gogr2
Awesome strength... envious here. Though, I soon will be joining you in carrying 120lbs plus of gear everywhere I go... Iraq here I come...
  #39   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 23rd, 2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogr2
Awesome strength... envious here. Though, I soon will be joining you in carrying 120lbs plus of gear everywhere I go... Iraq here I come...
You'll be in our thoughts and prayers, babe. Keep your head down, please!

xoxo

Richard

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options