You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to boricua1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 12th, 2007, 09:18 AM

boricua1 is on a distinguished road
Not Enough Muscle...

Hey guys, haven't been on here in a long time but I had a question in mind. Last time I was here I weighed about 140 lbs. I'm now up to 160 lbs. and lovin it. I just don't want to stop growing. I'm thinking to myself , just another 20-25 more pounds and I'll be good. My partner and friends don't want to see me really huge. I tell them and I try to convince myself I don't want to get any bigger then 180-185 lbs. (mind you, on a 5'6 frame)

My inner beast tells me to pack on the muscle and explode out of my clothes though. lol. It's saying , 220 lbs. of thickness and clothes breakage. Sounds neurotic but how many of you have had the same predicament ? There is just something powerful about not only the strength but size and mass behind a well developed guy.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Mad Dog's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 12th, 2007, 09:55 AM

Mad Dog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Dog
Be who you are and find someone that loves you for it. Best advice I can think of.
  #3   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 12th, 2007, 10:08 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
What Mad Dog said. WE want to see you at 220 lbs.! :-)

xoxo

Richard
  #4   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 12th, 2007, 11:30 AM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
I totally agree with the last two posts, but would add: don't let your drive to grow bigger prevent you from enjoying what you have now.
  #5   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 12th, 2007, 07:34 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
I say, revel in your accomplishments! And also remember, everyone will always have advice and an opinion on how you look, live, etc etc. But as far as the gaining size, you have the ultimate decision. If you want to become that massive mound of muscle that rips a shirt sleeve open just by reaching up into a kitchen shelf to get more protein (boy, I LIKE that imagery! ), then by all means go for it!

Better to strive for it now if that is your true desire than wating until you're much older and thinking to yourself "I wish I had......."

NO regrets!

As for me, I am always shooting for that extra size, and everyone in my life is supportive of that. And they also know it is a decision....and it is MY decision to make. (I say kindly.. )

Good luck and keep lifting and growing my friend!

Ron IIII----IIII
  #6   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 12th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Well... Be who you what to be, but be aware of what you are getting into...
Getting too big and muscular will make buying clothes tough... at one point I was 5'6" 185lb 32"w at another point 5'6"130lb 30"w (anorexic)... at 130 i was killing myself but I could generally buy clothes of the rack.

Ok being a chucky 5'6" trying to get thinner is different than a skinny 5'6" trying to bulk up (Frankly I would trade problems with you any time) but we both want to take our shirt off at the beach and feel good about our bodies...

Being too big is a pain in the ass... and 5'6" 220-240lb shoulders in coach on an airplane is as much a pain in the ass a 6'+ in coach...

Ender
  #7   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 12th, 2007, 07:52 PM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender
Well... Be who you what to be, but be aware of what you are getting into...
Getting too big and muscular will make buying clothes tough... at one point I was 5'6" 185lb 32"w at another point 5'6"130lb 30"w (anorexic)... at 130 i was killing myself but I could generally buy clothes of the rack.

Ok being a chucky 5'6" trying to get thinner is different than a skinny 5'6" trying to bulk up (Frankly I would trade problems with you any time) but we both want to take our shirt off at the beach and feel good about our bodies...

Being too big is a pain in the ass... and 5'6" 220-240lb shoulders in coach on an airplane is as much a pain in the ass a 6'+ in coach...

Ender
Oh yes, almost forgot about that! I've had to deal with those situations several times (me 6' 255 pounds, 265 at my heaviest.) Yes, when traveling ALWAYS either try to:

1). get the seats by the emergency exits (they tend to have a little more room)
2). get a window seat
3). upgrade to first class whenever possible!

And clothes.....alterations or learn how to sew.

Yes, it can be a pain, but I wouldn't have it any other way. There's just something about being big.....
  #8   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2007, 03:55 PM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
More More More!!

Da Big Guy,

I think I speak for all of us, but especially for us smaller guys (currently I am 5'5 and 133) who love big guys when I say we want to hear more about your experiences as a massive muscle man. Did you ever have any 'wardrobe malfunctions' either while growing or at your present size? How did people react to you, and do you enjoy your new body? Tell us more!

J
  #9   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2007, 01:35 AM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkoutlvr
Da Big Guy,

I think I speak for all of us, but especially for us smaller guys (currently I am 5'5 and 133) who love big guys when I say we want to hear more about your experiences as a massive muscle man. Did you ever have any 'wardrobe malfunctions' either while growing or at your present size? How did people react to you, and do you enjoy your new body? Tell us more!

J
Well, it is hard to say as I never really concentrate on it (my size) a lot outside of the gym. It is strange sometimes because as I do like being bigger, I have my SMALL days when I don't feel big enough (I know, even at 6' 259 pounds!). However, I do like the occasional compliment or remark about my size as it does keep me motivated to keep pushing!

The other day I had to go to a drivers training class (yes, ticket, etc etc GROAN!), and I arrived about 5 minutes late. The instructor was teaching at the time and he said "You must be Ron, COME ON IN!" I proceeded to a seat and he said in front of the class in a light hearted way "you're a big one aren't you???" I sheepishly grinned and sat down. During break I had to sign in and pay for the classes, and as I handed him my credit card the instructor asked me "so, are you competing?" And I was slightly surprised as this WAS a drivers education class and I was definitely not even thinking of talking bodybuilding at all! I told him no, not at this time but maybe in the future. He then went on to talk about how he used to get to the gym almost everyday but with the classes and him getting a real estate license he simply slacked off, but wanted to get back and possibly do some weight lifting. He was 55, and from what I could see he would have had a pretty decent build if not for the pot belly. I told him that "getting back into the gym is the BEST thing anyone can do for their health and peace of mind". And with that we got back to class. And then it seemed that even though he was lecturing the class, he would constantly look at me and then go on as if he was having a conversation with me (I KNEW the short sleeve POLO shirt may have been a bad idea..... LOL!

And then day two comes around........

Ron III---III

Last edited by DaBigGuy1; February 15th, 2007 at 01:44 AM.
  #10   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
The point I was going after is that muscular and big are not the same thing...

Maybe it's because I have always had to fight to keep weight off that the image of a distended roid-gut and massive but undefinded misproportioned muscle bulk is not attractive to me... It reminds me of being fat... and being tormented as a kid because of it... Being uncoordinated didn't help any... I would have given anything to be skinny, maybe a bit taller and not so clumsy...

I can understand how a skinny kid might get picked on in a similiar way but as I remember it they were the ones that picked on me the most...

I guess it one of those you want what you can't have things... chubby boys dream of being lean and cut muscular... and skinny boys dream of being massive and huge

Ender
  #11   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2007, 04:35 PM
DaBigGuy1

So very true......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender
The point I was going after is that muscular and big are not the same thing...

Maybe it's because I have always had to fight to keep weight off that the image of a distended roid-gut and massive but undefinded misproportioned muscle bulk is not attractive to me... It reminds me of being fat... and being tormented as a kid because of it... Being uncoordinated didn't help any... I would have given anything to be skinny, maybe a bit taller and not so clumsy...

I can understand how a skinny kid might get picked on in a similiar way but as I remember it they were the ones that picked on me the most...

I guess it one of those you want what you can't have things... chubby boys dream of being lean and cut muscular... and skinny boys dream of being massive and huge

Ender
I know exactly what you mean. There are also people that tend to confuse big and muscular and big and fat. And a lot of the time, to those that are not into bodybuilding weight training they do not have the knowledge to really know when someone is big and muscular or big and fat. For instance, it is not unusual for a bodybuilder to blow up to huge proportions while in off-season, ergo he is big and smoothed out (and looks fat). Now I can look at that guy and I understand completely why he is that big and looks fat. But those that do not know would just say he is fat. Interesting......

Now, the roid gut to me is definitely unappealing, but I understand why it is there. Of course there are groups that actually admire the roid gut! So to each his own I guess.

Kids in school.......they can be evil, can't they? I myself was painfully skinny in school, which made me very insecure about myself. I would skip gym class every chance I could because I did not dare wear a t-shirt or those shorts and be seen in them. I wasn't picked on, but I was definitely not acknowledged by many.

Fast forwad to today, and I have put on a little bit of size muscle size , and although I know I wanted it (muscles) and finally acheved it I just wish I could've done it many years earlier. But thankfully I live in the moment now, and now at this moment I better get to the gym!

Ron III----III
  #12   Add to boricua1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 16th, 2007, 10:02 AM

boricua1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigGuy1
I know exactly what you mean. There are also people that tend to confuse big and muscular and big and fat. And a lot of the time, to those that are not into bodybuilding weight training they do not have the knowledge to really know when someone is big and muscular or big and fat. For instance, it is not unusual for a bodybuilder to blow up to huge proportions while in off-season, ergo he is big and smoothed out (and looks fat). Now I can look at that guy and I understand completely why he is that big and looks fat. But those that do not know would just say he is fat. Interesting......

Now, the roid gut to me is definitely unappealing, but I understand why it is there. Of course there are groups that actually admire the roid gut! So to each his own I guess.

Kids in school.......they can be evil, can't they? I myself was painfully skinny in school, which made me very insecure about myself. I would skip gym class every chance I could because I did not dare wear a t-shirt or those shorts and be seen in them. I wasn't picked on, but I was definitely not acknowledged by many.

Fast forwad to today, and I have put on a little bit of size muscle size , and although I know I wanted it (muscles) and finally acheved it I just wish I could've done it many years earlier. But thankfully I live in the moment now, and now at this moment I better get to the gym!

Ron III----III
damn the pleasures of being muscular, I dreamnt I exploded out of my clothes last night. lol.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options