Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 12th, 2007, 10:32 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
On Being "Big".......

Just a thought.....

After reading various posts on this forums and others, and from comments that I have heard and overheard, and from countless comments from many people I thought it would be interesting to hear everyone's thoughts on being hugely muscled and "BIG". Of course there are the obvious stories on getting clothes that fit, but I am also curious as to how your family and friends react to your size, or your quest to put on size.

Did you used to be a really skiny guy and turned into a BIG guy? Do people treat you differently now?

Have you had comments, good or bad, in the workplace? If you're a big guy, does your size affect your job?

Are you small of stature and want to be big? Do you think big is unnecessary or a chore? Are you a decent size now and want to get bigger? Are you satisfied with your current size?

The questions are many, and I thnk would make for great discussion....

It would be interesting to hear your stories and share them see just how we feel about becoming or being "BIG"

I have my views, but I would like to hear yours first.

In the meantime, take care of yourselves and stay healthy!

Ron IIII----IIII
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to boricua1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2007, 12:50 AM

boricua1 is on a distinguished road
Well I've gained 40 lbs. over 7 years. I was between 115-120 lbs. at the at the age of 19. I'm 160 lbs. @ 26 (as mentioned in a previous thead, with a 5'6 frame.) Sure, it's part of getting older but I've always had fast metabolism and back then I never thought I get to this size. So now that I'm here, I want more.

All my life, I've had strong arousing thoughts and feelings about "hulking out." Now that I've gotten myself to this level , I know I can focus and get to the next level of muscularity.

Basicly, you see yourself getting bigger and you want MORE!

Just something about having muscular mass and size. When you start feeling the difference in your clothes, when you feel your pecs or other muscle tissues bouncing for being so thick and hard, when you can stand in that mirror and flex your ass off and feel good doing .... then you know.
  #3   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2007, 05:01 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Cool Bigger

Very interesting line of questions, DaBigGuy...much like the background you have expressed in other threads, I started out as a skinny guy (5'9" 140) when I finished college. I had dabbled with lifting weights but was too intimidated. My muscular roommate my junior year in college derisively referred to me as "Higgins" from Magnum, PI. I wasn't a shy guy but was very insecure. If there was ever a game of "shirts" and "skins", I definitely wanted to be a shirt.

At the same height, I'm now a muscular 225. Seing friends from college is always a trip. I generally wear fairly modest clothing. But even in the workplace, I get comments from time to time. I've recently been on a growth spurt (my bis have just cracked the 17.5" mark) and have gotten numerous unsolicited compliments. Much like Boricua1, I like the size that I've attained but want MORE.

I'm visiting LA now and am gonna go get a little inspiration at Golds in Venice. GRRRRRRRRR! Time to HULK OUT! Keep growing all.
  #4   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2007, 01:19 AM
DaBigGuy1

Good an interesting posts so far! I can relate to the sentiment expressed in each post, and the common thread of wanting much more!

I know tha there are times when the hunger drives me to go to the limits, and then I start to think of being much bigger and think to myself that maybe I should (GASP!) settle for what I have...... does anyone out there get that feeling?

Also, got an interesting email the other day from someone writing about if I was posing the questions specifically at big and tall guys only! Definitely not! It'd be great to hear everyone's thoughts, big, getting big, tall, short, big guys and on the road to big guys!

Let's hear from you!

Last edited by DaBigGuy1; February 16th, 2007 at 03:32 AM.
  #5   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 15th, 2007, 11:44 AM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigwoof
I'm visiting LA now and am gonna go get a little inspiration at Golds in Venice. GRRRRRRRRR! Time to HULK OUT! Keep growing all.
Always plenty of inspiration at Gold's in Venice -- I love it when I get the chance to work out there.
  #6   Add to Absman420's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 16th, 2007, 03:36 AM

Absman420 is on a distinguished road
I've put on about forty pounds since the turn of the century. Although I was always in good shape, I was always concerned about what other people (friends, family) would think if I got to the size of my desires...

(Sidestory: when I was in middle school, my mother intercepted a letter I was sending out, after filling out one of those Charles Atlas ads in the comics. She was like, "absolutely NOT! You're not gonna get all those big, disgusting muscles.")

When I was home this year for Xmas, tipping the scale at 220, there was much to-do about my body (especially when we were trying on sweaters, etc.) Everyone, including the 'rents, was very supportive. It was very cool.

Went to my 20th high school then college reunions and NOBODY recognized me at all in either place. That was GREAT!
  #7   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2007, 01:20 AM
DaBigGuy1

Sorry for the late reply..

I meant to reply sooner, but am recuperating from a friggin flu....yuk!

That was great Absman, I know you must have felt great both at home and at the reunion. I know from experience at family gatherings there is always a comment made to me about my physique or training, and then there is always my one cousin in particular that I feel has an arm fetish as he is always asking me about my arm size and "how about a flex??". I start to feel like a show horse and get a littel modest, but another part of me would want to strip the entire shirt off@! And of course, this same cousin I have invited ENDLESSLY to come and train with me, and there is always something that gets in the way....job, sleep, etc, etc, although he always talks about wanting bigger muscles. Textbook case of not wanting it bad enough.

And as I lie here recuperating, I do wonder this: does anyone out there, when recuperating from a cold or a flu, feel like they are SHRINKING? I know it may all be in the mind, and I know that getting back into the gym puts things right in no time, but still, after missing a few days in the gym you just feel like, well, NOT PUMPED and that you start to feel, dare I say, smaller.......GASP!!

Sorry, it may be the meds causing me to ramble on......

So, any more "On Being Big..." pro or con stories out there?
  #8   Add to Absman420's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2007, 02:33 AM

Absman420 is on a distinguished road
I DEFINITELY feel like I'm shrinking! As if my muscle is going to ALL go away after two or three days (or even a week)...

But that's part of the sickness, isn't it? That thing that keeps us going there day after day...

Bigger, bigger, bigger!!!!
  #9   Add to LG2005's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2007, 02:54 AM

LG2005 is on a distinguished road
About 10 years ago I was in a bookstore in the Washington DC area. I was wearing my usual costume, scruffy beard, jeans & T-shirt with the arms rolled up a bit and a big chrome armband behind my bicep, Probably the biggest time of my life. Not particularly huge but bigger than the average Joe, about 5'10", 210 pounds. I didn't think I was big. I of course wanted to be bigger.

I noticed some teenager, oh say 15-16 years old, glancing at me a few times. Finally he came over and asked if I was a wrestler. Not just any wrestler but one of the big names at the time who was in DC for a match that weekend. I didn't know whether to laugh or play along and see if he wanted my autograph. In the end I just smiled and said something to the effect "No. Why? Do I look like him?". He looked me over quickly and said "Yea man, you're huge!". I flexed my arm a couple times for him and got a satisfying grin from him. I was on cloud nine for the rest of the week.
  #10   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2007, 03:42 PM
Muscled Chub Club

Minotaur is on a distinguished road
It's good to know we're all in this together... a brotherhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigGuy1
Did you used to be a really skiny guy and turned into a BIG guy? Do people treat you differently now?
Yes, I used to be a lot smaller. But I don't hink people treat me any differently, because people I know now I didn't know back then. And the people I knew back then I don't see anymore. Except for family. And I can't say they treat me any differently.

Quote:
Have you had comments, good or bad, in the workplace? If you're a big guy, does your size affect your job?
Yes, people have made comments, complimentary and insulting. But the compliments far outweigh the insults. It's a matter of "there's one in every crowd".

It doesn't affect my job because I sit at a desk doing sys admin and technical support.

Of course it's a challenge to find clothes that fit properly. Especially being short, at 5'5"-5'6" and wearing XL or XXL shirts, but needing a 28" inseam. Shirt sleeves on XL and XXL are usually a 34-35 length, so they're a bit long for me. 33 is perfect.

But I wouldn't give up or trade my size.

Dorothy: You really haven't grasped the concept of this gay thing yet, have you?

Blanche: There must be homosexuals who date women.

Sophia: Yeah, they're called lesbians.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options