The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Steroids
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Steroids General information, discussion and experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to viamanmax's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2007, 11:45 PM

viamanmax is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to viamanmax
Question of Availability.

When would you start taking them if Steroids and similar compounds were available without prescription legally?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to latinherc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2007, 09:52 AM

latinherc is on a distinguished road
If i were young again i would start at 17, growth is already done by this age. I would start lifting at 14 so my own hormones make me big....first
  #3   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 24th, 2007, 10:14 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Quote:
Originally Posted by viamanmax
When would you start taking them if Steroids and similar compounds were available without prescription legally?
I knew kids in high school who took them (from the football coaches in the 70's) and it greatly enhanced their physiques. So, I'd start in high school. Yeah, I know, the politically correct answer is to not start until after you're 30 but, why wait?
  #4   Add to Powerflex's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 24th, 2007, 11:57 PM
You lookin' at me??

Powerflex is on a distinguished road
Why wait? This is why.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasmsl
I knew kids in high school who took them (from the football coaches in the 70's) and it greatly enhanced their physiques. So, I'd start in high school. Yeah, I know, the politically correct answer is to not start until after you're 30 but, why wait?
Why wait? Well it isn't about being politically correctness as much as it is about physiology and common sense.

When young men are in theier early teens the body is STILL growing and developing. It is not unusual for some young adults to have growth until ther late teens and not fully developed until into their early twenties. And even before this occurs they are still all walking boiling balls of testosterone. The young bodies are manufacturing testosterone at a very healthy rate. To introduce steroids into the mix may promote a slight gain in muscle size, but a lot of times it is for naught, and to do steroids at such an early age is simply not a good idea..i.e. possible stunted growth, hormonal imbalanced, staggered growth to name a few. Going into your thirties and older? Yes, a testosterone boost would be in order. I recently heard a 13 year old kid talking about getting into a steroid cycle so he could be a huge wrestler. 13? that's crazy....

The most prudent and smart thing to do at that age is to get all of your ducks in a row as far as training, diet and the weight routine, and workout in order and go as far as you can naturally possibly go before even considering a cycle.

When you're 14, 15, 17, 18 and an older teen, you are most likely thinking of "GETTING HUGE!", and there's nothing wrong with that. But there are also young guys out there that think all you need to do is stick a needle in the ass and BAM! You're BIG! And that is why these young guys need get the experience, knowledge, and pay their dues in the gym before even thinking about steroids.

In all due respect, that is why they should "wait".

J.D.
  #5   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 25th, 2007, 04:51 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Powerflex, I know you are the voice of reason. Cautious and calculated. But I have to tell you, the football players in high school that were built like greek gods all did steroids. They enjoyed their youths a lot more than skinny little punks who did not. But you are right....be cautious. Don't take the risk.

As for me, if I could only re-live my youth, I'd have been juicing when i was 20! There is an old saying, "youth is wasted on the young".
  #6   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 26th, 2007, 12:33 AM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viamanmax
Well, if steroids were made legal tomorrow, I'd be down at my nearest pharmacy the day after!

As far as the previous post by Power and Dallas, I guess there are valid arguments on both sides. First off, getting the body primed for growth early would not be a bad idea at all. I had known kids in school that were 13, 14 and 15 that had terrific muscularity and can only imagine what would have happened if they had taken steroids (or maybe they already were! But more than likely not..they were genetically gifted freaks..and I hated them! lol!

But on the other hand, you have the guy that feels that he does not need to know anything about steroids other than where to inject them. I sometimes get this image of some teenager (not ALL! but some), that simply do not know what steroids are other than that the guy on the football team uses them, and this same teenager will not look up with the different steroids are, the dosages, what steroids enhance others, how long to use, how much, how to taper off, the post-cycle therapy, etc etc. This is knowledge that is needed. It is when they are mis-used and abused that steroids get the bad rep that they do, and then everyone hops on the "steroids are evil" bandwagon.

To this day I have always thought that if steroids were handled differently, more prudently, and the medical powers that be were really into taking care of the people population and making them as healthy as possible instead of keeping people in the dark and thinking of medicine as a profit margin, (and people that never question doctors or the medical profession and take their words as gospel, which I do not!) then we lifters/bodybuilders as probably WOULD be able to trot down to the pharmacy and purchase a cycle without question.

In a Land of Dreams .......

Ron III-----III
  #7   Add to redwolf64's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2007, 09:02 PM

redwolf64
Send a message via AIM to redwolf64 Send a message via Yahoo to redwolf64
Maybe it's just me and it may sound a bit sexist to say it, but I think one of societies problems with steroids and big muscle in general is a knee-jerk reaction that discourages any close look at men's health and men changing their appearance.

We're used to women's special health needs as they grow older, but there's just not much discussion about men's health in the same vein.

Also, there's a whole industry of cosmetic surgery that caters to women - they can get botoxed until they look like a very frightening version of a Barbie doll, but a guy that wants to get big is seen as freaky. There's just something wrong with that....

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options