The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to muscleted18's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2007, 12:59 PM

muscleted18
Send a message via Yahoo to muscleted18
mirror mirror on the wall....

So i was doing my lat pull downs today and i have this nasty habit of checking out the men at my gym in the mirrors when im resting. (im sure im not the only one ) anyways...there is another guy i see sitting on his machine in the mirror, hes got a nice v-taper going on and his back looks real thick, i wonder where he had come from because the gym was very dead this afternoon. so i start keeping an eye on him and then realize we have the same breathing pattern going on, and another closer look and i realize, holy shit thats me! i had been looking in the mirror at another mirror and it was reflecting my back and i was checking myself out! pretty proud moment
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to nightwolf285's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2007, 01:10 PM

nightwolf285 is on a distinguished road
That's a moment straight out of the twilight zone. All that was missing was for your reflection to step out of the mirror and to be another you. lol

However, I can understand it. People don't get to see their backs too often. I hardly recognize myself from behind too. But that is very interesting. You were checking yourself out. That has to be like the ultimate compliment. I guess a "good work" is in order.

Keep at it. Who knows, maybe you can get his phone number.
  #3   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2007, 01:54 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
<-- wants Ted's phone number.

xoxo

Richard
  #4   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2007, 06:22 PM

hoosierlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hoosierlifter
It's an awesome feeling Ted when you notice that kind of stuff. Been there myself.
  #5   Add to Digibacker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2007, 05:05 PM
Recently called 'immense'

Digibacker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Digibacker
That's a great story, Muscleted. I had a related experience last September. I videotaped a conference for one of our clients. During editing, when I was scanning through the footage at high speed, I came across a clip with a broad-shouldered beefy looking guy walking with his back to the camera. I slowed the clip down to check him out, but it turned out it was me. I was getting some gear and I had accidentally left the camera running.
  #6   Add to deetrakt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2007, 05:47 PM

deetrakt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleted18
...i have this nasty habit of checking out the men at my gym in the mirrors when im resting. (im sure im not the only one ) anyways...there is another guy i see sitting on his machine in the mirror, hes got a nice v-taper going on and his back looks real thick... i start keeping an eye on him and then realize we have the same breathing pattern going on, and another closer look and i realize, holy shit thats me!...
Great story. I hope you asked him er..you out for coffee after: zero chance of rejection, lower cost, agreeable conversation...the mind boggles!
  #7   Add to harleyxr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 24th, 2007, 07:53 PM
harleyxr

harleyxr is on a distinguished road
AND he knows just what you like to do in bed- AND likes the same things. Who tops though???????
  #8   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 25th, 2007, 12:22 AM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Question Great story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleted18
So i was doing my lat pull downs today and i have this nasty habit of checking out the men at my gym in the mirrors when im resting. (im sure im not the only one ) anyways...there is another guy i see sitting on his machine in the mirror, hes got a nice v-taper going on and his back looks real thick, i wonder where he had come from because the gym was very dead this afternoon. so i start keeping an eye on him and then realize we have the same breathing pattern going on, and another closer look and i realize, holy shit thats me! i had been looking in the mirror at another mirror and it was reflecting my back and i was checking myself out! pretty proud moment
I know that must've made you feel great, muscleted!

That made me think of situation from many years ago. I was walking through a mall one day in the summertime and as I was past the different shops to either side of me, out of the corner of my eye I saw in one of the shops a muscle guy with a thick upper body, great arms and just stood out. At first I debated about walking back and peering into the store window because I did not want to look like I was just leering at the guy, and I surely did not want this huge guy reacting to me just looking at him. But I just had to see hi again...and so I turn around and walk back to glance into the store as if I were shopping. And lo and behold, it was a MIRROR! I just stood there for a second and took in the image. I was so pleased with myself that day.

I guess that we see ourselves everyday and we become accustomed to our look, but in that rare instance we fool our "minds" eye and we actually "see" what other people see when they see us.

And on that day, for me it was damn good!

Ron
  #9   Add to harleyxr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 25th, 2007, 10:37 AM
harleyxr

harleyxr is on a distinguished road
"I guess that we see ourselves everyday and we become accustomed to our look, but in that rare instance we fool our "minds" eye and we actually "see" what other people see when they see us." (BigGuy)

That is SO true BigGuy, bodybuilders are almost universally dismorphic. We do not generally see what others see when they look at us. I tend to often see my flaws primarily when, compared to the average guy I look great. I'm trying a new gym, one that is much more serious and holy shit! I'm a little guy among these monsters!!!!! It will really motivate me though.
  #10   Add to anrikero's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 25th, 2007, 05:33 PM

anrikero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to anrikero
That is quite cool muscleted18, nice story.
  #11   Add to tremorwolf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 5th, 2007, 10:38 AM
The Alpha from hell

tremorwolf is on a distinguished road
Had a bit of a similar experience on day. the gym was packed so i had to grab the curl bar and some weights and move to a (not so packed) aria. I was looking in the mirror as i did my curls and kept seeing a rather decently big backed bloke with his back to to the mirror. Shoulders were wide for a short guy and had a nice back curve and his black shirt was showing Huge back muscle. Helped that he had an ok ass and nice thick legs..... I put my weight down after my set , added more. and started again.. I then took notice of his neck and hair cut.........

Dudes, i drooped my weight and started laughing hysterically! I had been checking MYSELF out!

Now, im not conceded by any means, but when i didn't know it was me, i was thinking (GOD DAMN! DUDE is hOT!)

you should have seen the looks i got from just standing there laughing, I played it off that it was something funny playing on my Ipod XD

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options