The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to James35's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 12th, 2007, 07:04 PM

James35
dentist chairs too small

I was at the dentist last week for a standard cleaning. Towards the end of the procedure I noticed that my hands felt funny. I tried to stretch my fingers and I could hardly feel them - they were cramped and numb. It took several seconds to finally get my fingers comfortably open. I figured the hygenist was wondering what I was doing and I said I guess my hands had fallen asleep. She said that she wasn't surprised; she sees it happen occasionally when "guys with very broad shoulders" sit in the narrow chairs. So much of the upper body sticks out past the chair there is no support; all of the pressure is on the middle of the arm so the hands will fall asleep.

I've been going to the same dentist for years and this is the first time they've told me I was too big for the chair!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 12th, 2007, 07:17 PM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Huge

Way to go, James! You failed to mention in your post that you're now tipping the scales at 240. You're an absolute TANK! Congratulations on your continued progress. Let us know next time when they have to get the freight scale out for you.
  #3   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 12th, 2007, 09:22 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Way to go!

Hey James,

Good to see your post, and double good to hear of your dwarfing the dentist chair! Good stuff!

Like I said before, you are HUGE!

Take care, my friend!

Ron III--III
  #4   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2007, 03:25 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by James35
I was at the dentist last week for a standard cleaning. Towards the end of the procedure I noticed that my hands felt funny. I tried to stretch my fingers and I could hardly feel them - they were cramped and numb. It took several seconds to finally get my fingers comfortably open. I figured the hygenist was wondering what I was doing and I said I guess my hands had fallen asleep. She said that she wasn't surprised; she sees it happen occasionally when "guys with very broad shoulders" sit in the narrow chairs. So much of the upper body sticks out past the chair there is no support; all of the pressure is on the middle of the arm so the hands will fall asleep.

I've been going to the same dentist for years and this is the first time they've told me I was too big for the chair!
If (as I assume you are in the US) perhaps you could sue for "unnessary discomfort"
  #5   Add to benchdude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2007, 05:01 PM

benchdude has disabled reputation
I had something like that happen a few years ago.. when I went to the fair, I couldn't get on any of the rides that had the harness that comes down in front of you because my chest was too huge, the harness wouldn't go down all the way to click in to the lock at the bottom. the rides with only the lap bars were fine. I imagine I'm not the only one here who's had that problem on rides before, but it was kinda cool to think that I'm too big for what they considered to be the limit for chest mass.. lol
  #6   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2007, 05:44 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Benchdude, lissen up! We need STATS (height and weight plus all the goodies like measurements for shoulders, chest, arms, quads, calves) and PIX! We need 'em RIGHT NOW!

Shake a leg, darlin'.

xoxo

Richard
  #7   Add to bulkinupbig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 20th, 2007, 09:26 AM

bulkinupbig
Dentist chair and Hygenist

Exactly what happened to me also...
New resident in SoCal and visited a new dentist...
The facility is fairly high end... with flat panel televisions, high end artwork, etc.
The hygenist determined that the original room that I was scheduled for a cleaning would not work because I wouldn't fit into the dentist's chair.
After the cleaning she cautiously asked... "You lift weights don't you?"
Bulkinupbig
  #8   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 20th, 2007, 10:49 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Pictures, dammit, pictures!

xoxo

Richard
  #9   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2007, 10:15 AM

suma is on a distinguished road
I have something similar happen at the Dr's office for blood pressure checks. They always have to get the special extra large cuff. in most cases once I roll up the sleeve or they ask to see my arm they know immediately that big GUN aint gonna fit the regular BP cuff.
  #10   Add to bulkinupbig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 23rd, 2007, 06:14 PM

bulkinupbig
Blood pressure monitors

Suma,
Exactly, most nurses just look at me and walk out of the room saying that they need to get the larger cuff.
Then when it comes to drawing blood, they say... wow you are so easy to draw blood from because of the veins in your arm.
  #11   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 23rd, 2007, 09:32 PM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkinupbig
Suma,
Exactly, most nurses just look at me and walk out of the room saying that they need to get the larger cuff.
Then when it comes to drawing blood, they say... wow you are so easy to draw blood from because of the veins in your arm.

Boy, this sounds so familiar!

I ncan remember one time that I volunteered to donate blood, and when they got me on the bed, the tech that was working on me had motioned to the other tech that he could not get the cuff over my arm far enough because my arm was too big, and to get the BIG cuff.

And there was an AUDIENCE! Turns out they were training other technicians so before long there was a group of other new technicians standing around as the teacher was demonstrating how to "stick" the vein. They chose to observe me because the teacher said to the observing techs that my vein was big and thick...a great vein to stick as it was so big....that it was "perfect" as far as drawing blood!

It was nice to hear that my arm was too big for the cuff, but to hear that my vein was "big and thick", that was funny!

Ron III----III
  #12   Add to bigitalianboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Stud Jock

bigitalianboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to bigitalianboy
over spring break, flying to mexico, i found out that my shoulders now overlap the seat back. makes it kinda hard to be comfortable sitting between two people, but my pecs got pretty pumped from pushing my arms together into my chest the whole flight
  #13   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:06 PM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
I used to be a phlebotomist, and at first I had a hard time drawing blood from bodybuilders. Yes, the veins are huge and easy to see, but they are also so healthy that it is sometimes hard to get the needle to pierce them. Also, because there is so little fat, they tend to roll around on all that hard tissue beneath. Once I figured it out though, they were definitely the easiest.
  #14   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2007, 03:21 PM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
I have my 6 month dental cleaning on Monday. I am not looking forward to sitting in the dentist's chair again. You'd think being in the south they'd have them reinforced or something.... but nope. If I tap my foot the whole chair starts to rock haha. Luckely the new chairs are wider than their old ones from their previous location
  #15   Add to martinp13's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:10 PM

martinp13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigitalianboy
over spring break, flying to mexico, i found out that my shoulders now overlap the seat back. makes it kinda hard to be comfortable sitting between two people, but my pecs got pretty pumped from pushing my arms together into my chest the whole flight
WOOF! Do we get to see what you're workin with?
  #16   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 10th, 2007, 12:09 AM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
I know the feeling......plane seats are horrible for the bigger muscle guy. The last flight I had gone on to the east coast from Dallas, I flew coach. It was a horror! they had no aisle or window seats available and I was\ seated between two big people, and not big in the good way!. I spent most of the flight stooped forward or slanted sideway as I could NOT squeeze myself between them at all! Fortunately it was a two legged flight, so on the connecting flight I upgraded to First/Business Class. And from now on, I'll go First/Business Class until the day I "shrink", which if i have my way will be "NEVER"!

Ron III---III
  #17   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 10th, 2007, 12:09 AM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
I know the feeling......plane seats are horrible for the bigger muscle guy. The last flight I had gone on to the east coast from Dallas, I flew coach. It was a horror! they had no aisle or window seats available and I was\ seated between two big people, and not big in the good way!. I spent most of the flight stooped forward or slanted sideway as I could NOT squeeze myself between them at all! Fortunately it was a two legged flight, so on the connecting flight I upgraded to First/Business Class. And from now on, I'll go First/Business Class until the day I "shrink", which if i have my way will be "NEVER"!

Ron III---III

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options