The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Community > Personals
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Personals Connect and meet with other muscle growth fans in your area. Looking for a friend, training partner, or something else? Check out this forum!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to gogr2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2007, 09:01 PM

Location: Home: California Coast; Currently Stationed: Ft Hood, TX
gogr2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gogr2 Send a message via Yahoo to gogr2 Send a message via Skype™ to gogr2
Moving to Germany

Hey Everyone,

I've been assigned to Germany and will be moving there by the end of the month. I will initially be in Baumholder and then move to my permanent base after getting my pin-point assignment.

If anyone is out in that area, contact me. I would love to be able to explore the area with people that know it well.

Regards,
Gabe
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2007, 01:59 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogr2
Hey Everyone,

I've been assigned to Germany and will be moving there by the end of the month. I will initially be in Baumholder and then move to my permanent base after getting my pin-point assignment.

If anyone is out in that area, contact me. I would love to be able to explore the area with people that know it well.

Regards,
Gabe
I'm usually quite worldly in most things but in the last 24 hours have been stumped by two places.

1) Sochi (in the Russian Federation). One of the candidate cities for the 2014 Winter Olympics does not appear on any map I have
2) Baumholder which also doesn't appear on any map!

Which is a little inconvient I have to admit as I have two bodybuilding contacts in Munich and the Black Forest (but as I have no idea where Baumholder is, can't put them into context!)
  #3   Add to RonnieRules's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2007, 08:44 AM

RonnieRules
Send a message via Skype™ to RonnieRules
Well I AM from Germany and even I'm not sure if I heard of it! But I think it is in Rhineland-Palatinia (sp?), in the southwest of Germany. Not too far from Frankfurt.
  #4   Add to gogr2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 19th, 2007, 08:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to gogr2 Send a message via Yahoo to gogr2 Send a message via Skype™ to gogr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRules
Well I AM from Germany and even I'm not sure if I heard of it! But I think it is in Rhineland-Palatinia (sp?), in the southwest of Germany. Not too far from Frankfurt.
Yes, Ronnie, it is in the Rhineland-Palatinate, west-south-west of Frankfurt. Other than that, I don't know much more about the area. Despite that, I look forward to living out there. Something exciting about moving to new places.

Ronnie, where in Germany are you?

Again, thanks to those that have given me info here and on PM. Loko forward to hearing more about Baumholder and Germany in general.
  #5   Add to RonnieRules's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:06 AM

RonnieRules
Send a message via Skype™ to RonnieRules
Post Some information

Hey gogr2.

I'm from Nienburg, which is right between Bremen and Hanover, pretty in the north of Germany.

I can't tell you much about living "down there" in R.-P. but I'm sure I won't be much differend to living "up here" . Maybe some more mountains (the more northern you move to GER, the flatter gets the countryside, that's why I call everything higher than 5 feet a mountain ).

Don't expect too many clich?s to be true you hear about Germany. Forget the Lederhosen, I'm pretty sure you won't see anyone as long you don't come to Bavaria (and maybe even not there!). We're not that stern, disciplined or eager as you might assume. Especailly the region where you will be is famous for its excessive canival-celebrations in Feb/Mar.

If you have any questions, don't be too shy to ask.

PS: I'm visiting NYC and SF for 10 days this summer, so we're doing kind of an exchance, dont we?
  #6   Add to gogr2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 20th, 2007, 08:54 AM

Thanks for the info Ronnie. If I am ever visiting the north of Germany (really I should say when), we will have to hang out.

I'm sort of sad that I won't see leiderhosen... I was looking forward to getting a set. Just kidding. I know that people won't be in traditional costumes or acting like they are portrayed in movies. Though, I will enjoy exploring the area, its people, and the culture.

Keep the info coming, every bit helps.

Gabe
  #7   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2007, 06:00 AM

nypup2train is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nypup2train Send a message via Yahoo to nypup2train
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticMuscle
I'm usually quite worldly in most things but in the last 24 hours have been stumped by two places.

1) Sochi (in the Russian Federation). One of the candidate cities for the 2014 Winter Olympics does not appear on any map I have
2) Baumholder which also doesn't appear on any map!

Which is a little inconvient I have to admit as I have two bodybuilding contacts in Munich and the Black Forest (but as I have no idea where Baumholder is, can't put them into context!)
Weird.

I went to maps.google.com and...

1. I typed "Baumholder, Germany" into the search box, and it gave me a map. I probably don't have sufficient command of German civil works terminology to adequately describe its location. Seems to be located at the convergence/intersection of what look like three highways - L169, L348, L176. There's also a possibly-road-looking thing called Kennedyallee right nearby. The result Google returned was "55774 Baumholder, Germany" to be precise... so I assume those digits have some significance to those who either need to or understand how to navigate in Germany.

2. I typed "Sochi, Russia" into the search box, and it gave me a "map". This one looked like a blank white screen because it contained no cartographic information. I clicked into "Satellite" mode, and lo and behold there was Sochi in all her glory. The satellite imagery seems almost suspiciously high-res and clear, which could make me think it had something to do with their Host City candidacy.

Looks like a nice place, from orbit. Coastal city. It SEEMS like the city features a large waterfront, with what look like several beach/boardwalk recreation facilities and pools... all of which seemed to fit, until I remembered that CelticMuscle said WINTER Games. ...I suppose the "pools" could be water-treatment facilities or reservoirs. *shrug*

It looks un-like New York City, which describes 99.99% of the globe (at least), but means that I have no real experience or familiarity with that sort of place.

-Pup

P.S> (Yes, I have lived outside of NYC. In Boston, which is decidedly NOT un-like my home city.)
  #8   Add to gogr2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 6th, 2007, 10:52 PM

Hi All,

I made to Germany safe. I was actually reassigned to Wiesbaden here in Germany. The cool thing about that... largest US Army gym in Europe is right across the parade field. Looking forward to some massive growth while here.

If anyone is out here as well, hit me up. Would love ot explore the countryside with a local.

Tschus! (u needs an umlat)
Gabe

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options