The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to NorCalZman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 9th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Young and Growing!

NorCalZman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NorCalZman
Im not gaining weight, so obviously Im not eating enough...

Im stuck around 145-150lbs (5'7") no matter what I do it seems. I have to have a quick breakfast in the mornings since I have to go work, but I usally have a protein bar when I get in to the office, usually have a sandwich or burrito or something like that for lunch, then a muscle milk in the afternoon and dinner after the gym, which can be almost anything, like pasta, sandwhich, etc. I dont really cook so I go out but I do eat healthy.

What do the busy guys here do to eat enough/right? tips would be helpful. Should I be downing more muslce milks/protein bars? etc.
  #2   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 9th, 2007, 10:54 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalZman
Im stuck around 145-150lbs (5'7") no matter what I do it seems. I have to have a quick breakfast in the mornings since I have to go work, but I usally have a protein bar when I get in to the office, usually have a sandwich or burrito or something like that for lunch, then a muscle milk in the afternoon and dinner after the gym, which can be almost anything, like pasta, sandwhich, etc. I dont really cook so I go out but I do eat healthy.

What do the busy guys here do to eat enough/right? tips would be helpful. Should I be downing more muslce milks/protein bars? etc.
Well, for me it has always been to make sure that I am eating something every two / two and a half hours, high calorie protein shakes, pre=prepare food in the evenings for in the mornings, and if you can't sit and eat, a thermos full of shake mixed with just about everything to pack on the calories. Sometimes the diet has to be a little "dirty" if you want to gain........hard fact.

Ron III---III
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to anrikero's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 12th, 2007, 03:03 PM

anrikero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to anrikero
Problems Gaining Weight?

Quote:

Hello, I used to have the same problem. I didn't gain a pound for almost two years!!!

I started adding 0%sugar fat free ice cream to my protein shakes and also I started eating peanut butter sandwiches... you need increase your calorie intake in order to grow. This year I have gone from 73 kg to 79 kg in 3 months. Of course you will gain some fat, the important here is to mantain fat level under control.
  #4   Add to massingUP's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 19th, 2007, 06:46 PM

massingUP is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to massingUP
I find that the line between maintenance intake and growth intake can be pretty thin. I typically eat about 3200 calories to maintain, but if I add just another 300 cals a day, I start to gain. Of course, not all of those gains are good weight, but it is growth. Just make sure you leave time when you're doing your growth phase to shed the fat.

- J.

http://www.bigmuscle.com/~massingUP
  #5   Add to NorCalZman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 19th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Young and Growing!

NorCalZman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NorCalZman
Quote:
Originally Posted by massingUP
I find that the line between maintenance intake and growth intake can be pretty thin. I typically eat about 3200 calories to maintain, but if I add just another 300 cals a day, I start to gain. Of course, not all of those gains are good weight, but it is growth. Just make sure you leave time when you're doing your growth phase to shed the fat.

- J.
Yeah I gues Im going to have to live with gaining muscle also means gaining fat. ah well.

anyway, I weighed myself tonight at the gym and Im up to 148, so thats like around 3-5 lbs from a month ago. I guess Im doing something right!
  #6   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 20th, 2007, 06:00 AM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
Yeah I gues Im going to have to live with gaining muscle also means gaining fat. ah well.

anyway, I weighed myself tonight at the gym and Im up to 148, so thats like around 3-5 lbs from a month ago. I guess Im doing something right!
I need to have some fat to gain muscle. Since moving to NYC, my weight has been a constant 170, but I've put 3/4 of an inch on my arms and my all my lifts are at all-time maxes. I've also noticed the "muffin top" getting smaller and smaller.

I've started upping cardio to get a more definition, so I expect the weight to drop 5 or ten pounds and the gains I'm making to slow a bit.

I think the trick is to know your body and how it responds, then manage the food/weights/cardio to get the results you want.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #7   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 2nd, 2008, 07:13 AM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Eating more often, is the key. Real food, not snack foods or processed crap. If you are running late in the mornings, make some hardboiled eggs the night before and eat them on the run. More milk, if you are not lactose intolerant. Gaining muscular bodyweight is a science and it takes work but if it is done with real healthy food the results are worth the work.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options