The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Garfield11's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2007, 03:11 PM

Garfield11 is on a distinguished road
Fibo

The 2007 FIBO in Germany was held over this weekend gone with Jay Cutler, Markus Ruhl and Heiko to name but a few. I would post the few pics I took of the event but I have a minor case of technophobia when it comes to inserting images in posts (in other words don't know how).

I was disappointed again by the total lack of bodybuilders lining up to board my flight there and back and the fact that the bodybuilding part of the exhibition ws tucked away in the back like something the show needed to make it happen but would rather it did'nt exist. I pounded the concete walking round and round the same aisles to take pictures (some may seem repetive!) and found crowds not to mention the people I was photographing kept moving! to be my main problems.

German breakfast looked more like a British light lunch! and it would appear the Germans have a love of all things carbonated,

Marcus Ruhl was the center of attention for obivious reasons and there was only one case of sythanol which stood out.

For anyone this side of the Atlantic thinking of going next year I must advise your that the nearest airport is Dusseldorf. Don't BOOK with British Airways! Lastminute.com gave me a much better deal. BA flights (return) cost ?234 if booked 5 days before (lastminute did 2 nights hotel and same flights for ?199 btw!). It costs just over 50 Euros by cab from Dusseldorf to Essen where the FIBO is.It cost 24 Euro on the Saturday for a two day pass and the Saturday was better then the Sunday when things started to warm up late and wound down early. Take around 500 Euro to cover cabs and leave enough for afew autographed photos ands dvds.

And last but not least while the majority of Germans seem to speak some English a printed sheet of paper with the address of where you wish to go makes life much easier! (the cab drivers will enter it on their satnav).

Not the best report you'll read but I hope it helps next years first time visitors.

Steve.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2007, 04:50 PM

vlad is on a distinguished road
German breakfast is my favorite. Did you know the German word for "lunchmeat" is "Fruhstuckfleisch", which literally means "breakfast meat"? =)
  #3   Add to mutador's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2007, 05:09 PM

mutador
pics pics pics!
  #4   Add to RonnieRules's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 24th, 2007, 09:47 AM

RonnieRules
Send a message via Skype™ to RonnieRules
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad
German breakfast is my favorite. Did you know the German word for "lunchmeat" is "Fruhstuckfleisch", which literally means "breakfast meat"? =)
What? What is lunchmeat? And I never heard of Fruehstuecksfleisch, although I'm German!

BTW: I've been @ at the FIBO too and it was quite great.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options