The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to eiweiss's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 29th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Muscle grower

eiweiss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eiweiss
Being the big guy in the gym

I'm 34 now and I've been working out consistently in the gym... reaching 265lbs with 15% bf..
It's funny for me to see that I have now become the biggest guy in our local gym and that the roles have reversed.

Ten years ago, i was the thin guy admiring the big guys, now I get the looks from the younger athletes. It's a great feeling to undress in the locker room and feel the hidden looks on your skin from the young guys trying to get a glimpse... I sometimes take my time to dry after the shower just to let them see me for a bit. I know this might sound a bit full of myself, but I am happy with my achievement and proud of my muscles.
amauiguy (April 29th, 2013), Big RR (June 28th, 2013), brutus (April 29th, 2013), sizemorphr (October 15th, 2013), SuperManSlave (May 3rd, 2013), tonybits (May 3rd, 2013), worshipper (May 3rd, 2013)
  #2   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 29th, 2013, 03:22 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Wow! At 260# and 6'2" at age 34. When you started, what was your weight and height and age?

Do you do a lot of powerlifting movements for the size?

I'm 6'3" and at 213#, the heaviest I've ever been. I've not been consistent except for the last 2-4 years, after various health issues. It's great to work out and see the increasing size, but it takes so long!

Keep lifting, and props to you!

Mdlftr
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to amauiguy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 29th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Growing

amauiguy is on a distinguished road
Good going, eiweiss. That's a great accomplishment. Now that I've started putting on some muscle (not anywhere near as much as you) some people are making muscle jokes with me, or commenting on my gains. It feels great to get that kind of feedback. I know I'm making progress, but I still see myself as how I used to be. Maybe someday I'll get to be the big man at the gym like you! Feel free to share some pictures with us! (I'll say it before Richard does.)
  #4   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 29th, 2013, 05:39 PM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
I am currently going to a local state school with only about 15,000 students, although I am still young I know I am the biggest guy in the gym, there are a few guys who may be close but I am definitely the biggest.

Being 6'0 275lbs 13.5%bf at 24 years old makes you stand out and look crazy next to most of your peers.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GTlifter For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (April 29th, 2013), Big RR (April 29th, 2013), ganteugene (April 29th, 2013), inm (April 30th, 2013)
  #5   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 29th, 2013, 05:45 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTlifter View Post
I am currently going to a local state school with only about 15,000 students, although I am still young I know I am the biggest guy in the gym, there are a few guys who may be close but I am definitely the biggest.

Being 6'0 275lbs 13.5%bf at 24 years old makes you stand out and look crazy next to most of your peers.
You know the drill!

P, d, p!

xoxo

Richard
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arpeejay For This Useful Post:
GTlifter (April 29th, 2013), inm (April 30th, 2013)
  #6   Add to brutus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 29th, 2013, 06:36 PM

brutus is on a distinguished road
That's a really cool story, and very inspiring. My gym often has some really, really big guys (I often see Jay Cutler, Dennis Wolf, Nick Best, etc) so about a year ago I was shocked when an employee at the gym called me, "Big guy." I said that I'm not nearly as big as a lot of the guys that train here, and he said something like, "Well you are the biggest guy here right now. Well, until Jay comes in in about an hour!" I looked around, and to my surprise, I was the biggest guy in the building, well for about an hour I was. Until Jay came in with a couple of his swollen monkeys...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brutus For This Useful Post:
Big RR (April 29th, 2013), drzaius (May 14th, 2013), eiweiss (April 30th, 2013), GTlifter (April 29th, 2013)
  #7   Add to wesman123's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 29th, 2013, 07:49 PM

wesman123 is on a distinguished road
Big guy in Gym

There is this new guy about 19yo 6'9 275lbs built like a brick house, he has a chest that is so massive im in awe of it. Pecs that form a shelf that jet out like 4 inches, man its amazing how this tall dude build his chest so much, over arms are big but long but can add more size and quads and calves look big too but damm his chest, back and shoulders are amazing, im 5'8 and im just below eye level with his chest. Drives me nuts seeing him and talking to him..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wesman123 For This Useful Post:
Big RR (April 29th, 2013), ganteugene (April 29th, 2013), stronguns (April 29th, 2013), SuperManSlave (May 3rd, 2013), toby182 (April 29th, 2013)
  #8   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2013, 12:34 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
Quote:

I'm with rpj, where are the jpegs?!

or at least, tell us your story: when did you start out, and if you feel like, what are you cycles like. no one talks about that, and that would be a truly original post, if you fell like it.
The Following User Says Thank You to inm For This Useful Post:
stronguns (May 1st, 2013)
  #9   Add to eiweiss's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Muscle grower

eiweiss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eiweiss
@Mdliftr: I do have some powerlifting exercises built into my workout routine, but my main target is to build muscle, not strength... That does not mean that I don't lift heavy, but I am more satisified with a murderous pump than with a heavy weight.

@inm: In my case there is no special story to tell.. I did consistenly go to the gym, and a year ago or so, i found how i have to balance the stuff for my body and things are going forward from there pretty consistently. Before that it was a cycle here and there, always going to the gym, maintaining some sort of diet. Since i will never go to a contest, this was never a target to aim for...
GTlifter (April 30th, 2013)
  #10   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2013, 06:05 AM
In Serious Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm View Post

or at least, tell us your story: when did you start out, and if you feel like, what are you cycles like. no one talks about that, and that would be a truly original post, if you fell like it.
I will take some pictures soon I hope I actually don't take that many Richard can attest to that he has me on facebook I never ever take photos. Just never been my thing even as a kid.

I started out at 19 I weighed 135lbs and did a lot of cross country and just felt like with high school over, I wanted to gain some weight. I got bit bad with the combination of a powerlifting roommate. So here I am. Umm I didn't start cycling till I turned 23 till my growth height wise was over, I've only done two.

And for me I can understand the stigma behind them but when you do reading, I researched for a year before I did anything and still trying to learn. I think you can be healthy with it although certain people are probably predisposed to the crazier side of things. But I definitely suggest waiting I made it to 265 bulked at 23 and slowly have been refining my body now for the past year o so. I still have a lot of work to do though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ps94f3c113.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ps29a7e0f4.jpg

Some a few weeks old me around 263.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to GTlifter For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (May 2nd, 2013), arpeejay (April 30th, 2013), Ayakitayama1 (May 10th, 2013), BigSteve6ft3 (May 3rd, 2013), cg12345 (May 2nd, 2013), drzaius (May 14th, 2013), inm (April 30th, 2013), jtchef (May 1st, 2013), stronguns (May 1st, 2013), SuperManSlave (May 3rd, 2013), worshipper (May 3rd, 2013)
  #11   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2013, 07:02 AM

Gunz And Shlouderz! how big are those weapons of mass biception?

Good for you on starting after 23, and reading a lot beforehand.
GTlifter (April 30th, 2013)
  #12   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2013, 07:09 AM
In Serious Mode

Quote:
Gunz And Shlouderz! how big are those weapons of mass biception?

Good for you on starting after 23, and reading a lot beforehand.
Thank you I still have work to do on Chest and Calves my weakest areas and of course conditioning in time. I like being big so I'm glad to be blessed with good genetics.

For INM: They are about 20 1/2 inches cold
The Following User Says Thank You to GTlifter For This Useful Post:
worshipper (May 3rd, 2013)
  #13   Add to bliblobblib's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:23 PM

bliblobblib is on a distinguished road
I train at a gym in central London near Soho which has a popular muscle boy scene, but seeing as my gym is so close to this scene, most of the guys you get in my gym are muscular but incredibly lean and athletic looking, so aside from the odd random huge guy here and there from out of town, i'm usually the biggest guy in there.

I'm 30yrs old, currently 260 at 5'10, 34" waist (dont know bf %) and after 2 years of bodybuilding as in pushing myself 100% in the gym and changing my diet and lifestyle for growth, it's pretty awesome being the biggest guy in there, although sometimes I feel a bit out of place. I have an offseason gut (Which i love) so walking around the gym between sets makes me feel like a monster sometimes, and Eiweiss, I totally get you in the changing rooms. Its awesome to know you have several guys watching you undress when you're in there, or taking a second glance when you have a crazy shoulder pump happening. Its a good feeling.

I'm hoping in a year or two I can feel the same at the big guys gym in South London, then i'll know i've really made it huge hehe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bliblobblib For This Useful Post:
GTlifter (May 2nd, 2013), worshipper (May 3rd, 2013)
  #14   Add to Dentistclark's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:18 PM
Muscle obsessed worshiper

Dentistclark is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bliblobblib View Post
I train at a gym in central London near Soho which has a popular muscle boy scene, but seeing as my gym is so close to this scene, most of the guys you get in my gym are muscular but incredibly lean and athletic looking, so aside from the odd random huge guy here and there from out of town, i'm usually the biggest guy in there.

I'm 30yrs old, currently 260 at 5'10, 34" waist (dont know bf %) and after 2 years of bodybuilding as in pushing myself 100% in the gym and changing my diet and lifestyle for growth, it's pretty awesome being the biggest guy in there, although sometimes I feel a bit out of place. I have an offseason gut (Which i love) so walking around the gym between sets makes me feel like a monster sometimes, and Eiweiss, I totally get you in the changing rooms. Its awesome to know you have several guys watching you undress when you're in there, or taking a second glance when you have a crazy shoulder pump happening. Its a good feeling.

I'm hoping in a year or two I can feel the same at the big guys gym in South London, then i'll know i've really made it huge hehe.
I'm only a normal size guy, so I'm never the biggest guy, but I have to confess I love watching all you big guys. Many your stats sound WOW, I might just have to move to London!
  #15   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Thank you I still have work to do on Chest and Calves my weakest areas and of course conditioning in time. I like being big so I'm glad to be blessed with good genetics.

For INM: They are about 20 1/2 inches cold
Thought that much. well done!

I've noticed a recurring pattern: new trainees join the gym, they just stare! (mostly the young guys, older guys care less, I guess) while I train.
I used to ignore it, but I admit it can be distracting while lifting! so now I stare back, and say "is everything all right"?. That calms people down.. I guess they're not aware they are staring like that!
GTlifter (May 2nd, 2013)
  #16   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:30 PM

suma is on a distinguished road
I'm nearly always the biggest guy whatever gym I go to. And bcuz I also lift for strength I'm also putting up the most weight.

Unlike Inm I love the stares and when dudes stop and watch me that's such a turn on besides motivation to make a good lift.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suma For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (May 2nd, 2013), EQQUS (May 2nd, 2013), vlad (May 2nd, 2013)
  #17   Add to EQQUS's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:57 PM
...That horse dude...

EQQUS
Send a message via Yahoo to EQQUS
im 6' 260lbs and with 20% BF. i go to a small gym in the suburbs, normally filled with skinny kids trying to "just get leaner" for summer. result: im not huge, but mosto fthe time, im a monster compared to the other guys. i love how they stare in disbelief the weights i handle (even after my surgery when my weights arent so great)

it feels good, but of course, theres room for getting bigger.
may be if i move to a different gym....

-just a tought
amauiguy (May 2nd, 2013), toby182 (May 2nd, 2013)
  #18   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:33 PM

vlad is on a distinguished road
Man...Suma and Eqqus, I wish I could see pics!

I go to a gym with LOTS of big, high-quality beefy dudes, so I'm never the biggest one. I bet it is an empowering feeling though! My partner is often the biggest guy in the room when we go places, that's always a bit of a turn on!
  #19   Add to EQQUS's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:42 PM
...That horse dude...

EQQUS
Send a message via Yahoo to EQQUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad View Post
Man...Suma and Eqqus, I wish I could see pics!

I go to a gym with LOTS of big, high-quality beefy dudes, so I'm never the biggest one. I bet it is an empowering feeling though! My partner is often the biggest guy in the room when we go places, that's always a bit of a turn on!
well heres a recnt one. i justs tarted trainng again so im not in my optimal shape, but i think this is pretty good for just a couple weeks back into the gym

http://pl.bigmusclebears.com/photosl/606/BM2321606.jpg

im the one with the hat
amauiguy (May 3rd, 2013), vlad (May 3rd, 2013)
  #20   Add to Tallguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 3rd, 2013, 03:50 AM
Eat, Train, Sleep, Repeat

Tallguns is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Tallguns
Passing the big boys

I started working out at my gym about two years ago.. I was overweight and had no musce tone. I remember being incredibly intimidated by the "big boys" there. But in that 2 years a funny thing happened. I noticed more and more that those same guys didn't look so big. They, however, weren't shrinking, I was growing. I remember being in awe of this one guys arms. So much that I asked him advice on his routine. My arms are now bigger than his. I've been busting my ass, and eating like a madman. Guess its paying off. In two years I've become one of the biggest guys in the gym, and it still shocks me. I just don't always see myself as "that guy".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tallguns For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (May 3rd, 2013), brutus (May 3rd, 2013), toby182 (May 3rd, 2013)
  #21   Add to 228642's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:22 PM

228642 is on a distinguished road
Here's my problem. I have started going to the gym for the first time regularly about three months ago. I wish I could look like one of the bigger guys, but I'm thrown off by the fact that with all the lifting and the food (primarily protein) I'm taking in, I'm just getting leaner and losing fat. The muscles in my arms and legs are standing out a little bit more, but there is no apparent size increase. I don't know if I'm just being impatient or not, but I go about 4-5 times a week as work permits, and I work out until I feel like jello, if that's a good way to put it. I'm almost getting scared that I'm doomed to being small and scrawny the rest of my life :/. My goal is to be one of those bigger guys, it almost feels like I'm getting condescending attitudes towards me because I am in no competition with the beefier type of guy, ya know? I could be a nutcase for all I know haha.

*edit for if it matters.
I'm 5'9" and 169#
  #22   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:55 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
A little perspective...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 228642 View Post
Here's my problem. I have started going to the gym for the first time regularly about three months ago. I wish I could look like one of the bigger guys, but I'm thrown off by the fact that with all the lifting and the food (primarily protein) I'm taking in, I'm just getting leaner and losing fat. The muscles in my arms and legs are standing out a little bit more, but there is no apparent size increase. I don't know if I'm just being impatient or not, but I go about 4-5 times a week as work permits, and I work out until I feel like jello, if that's a good way to put it. I'm almost getting scared that I'm doomed to being small and scrawny the rest of my life :/. My goal is to be one of those bigger guys, it almost feels like I'm getting condescending attitudes towards me because I am in no competition with the beefier type of guy, ya know? I could be a nutcase for all I know haha.

*edit for if it matters.
I'm 5'9" and 169#
FWIW, you're not a "nutcase." Your problem, when it comes to reporting bodybuilding gains is twofold:
1. You're being honest! C'mon! EVERYONE that gained 40 pounds of muscle in two months is lying! How can you tell? Because their lips are moving!
2. You're not on steroids and the "easy gainers" are. That's the facts. No ONE makes the kinds of fairy tale muscle gains that we love to read about. 5'9" and 169" is actually pretty well proportioned (unless it's all in your gut).

Even other posters on this thread have admitted to using steroids to get themselves "really" big.

GTLifter, on this very thread:

================================================== =======================
I will take some pictures soon I hope I actually don't take that many Richard can attest to that he has me on facebook I never ever take photos. Just never been my thing even as a kid.

I started out at 19 I weighed 135lbs and did a lot of cross country and just felt like with high school over, I wanted to gain some weight. I got bit bad with the combination of a powerlifting roommate. So here I am. Umm I didn't start cycling till I turned 23 till my growth height wise was over, I've only done two.

And for me I can understand the stigma behind them but when you do reading, I researched for a year before I did anything and still trying to learn. I think you can be healthy with it although certain people are probably predisposed to the crazier side of things. But I definitely suggest waiting
I made it to 265 bulked at 23 and slowly have been refining my body now for the past year o so. I still have a lot of work to do though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ps94f3c113.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ps29a7e0f4.jpg
************************************************** ************************************************** *************

I say, "Amen, GTLifter! Kudos to you for being honest!" You deserve a pat on the back for your honesty!

Having said all that, let me switch to the other side:
Steroids can wreck your health; they're restricted substances; they're illegal in certain types of competitions. Yadda yadda yadda.

The bigger point: Don't beat yourself up for going to the gym and working out. Superman size muscles DON'T come by magic - more like hard work and drugs. But, you can get big in your own right and you won't give a sh*T what the so called "big guys" in the gym are doing!

Mdlftr

P.s. My own personal experience: as I hit and passed 200# in the mirror, I realize I look really good, up from that 145# scrawny guy at high school graduation. I'm hovering around 215# these days and at 55 I'm strong enough to take on a zipline course this past weekend that took 3 hours of climbing trees at 40 and 50 feet above the ground! I'm in shape and I kicked A$$! So, yeah, keep lifting!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
beachdude (May 7th, 2013), Jaekel (May 4th, 2013)
  #23   Add to SuperManSlave's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:05 PM

SuperManSlave is on a distinguished road
what a hot thread, so hard hear thinking of these guys getting huge and juicing up !!!
  #24   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 4th, 2013, 07:53 AM
In Serious Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post

I say, "Amen, GTLifter! Kudos to you for being honest!" You deserve a pat on the back for your honesty!

Having said all that, let me switch to the other side:
Steroids can wreck your health; they're restricted substances; they're illegal in certain types of competitions. Yadda yadda yadda.

The bigger point: Don't beat yourself up for going to the gym and working out. Superman size muscles DON'T come by magic - more like hard work and drugs. But, you can get big in your own right and you won't give a sh*T what the so called "big guys" in the gym are doing!

Mdlftr
First, no problem Mdlftr I'm not a hardcore user or anything very much a rookie, I will tell you guys this I am a firm believer of powerlifting movements to help gain size, eating well and lots to gain size, I trained a hard 4 full years before I ever touched the stuff. i think all people should train for a while before they even think about it. Now that being said the human body has it's limitations and as much as we on here and other places talk about size and love it there is no way to get truly big without them. I saw what my genetic potential was so I knew with time, effort and a bit of help I could take my physique as far as I wanted and become a truly "big" guy. Safety is always important and knowledge is just as important also. So if you wnat to truly be the big guy and that is without having a ton of fat don't compare yourself to others with help it isn't fair in the least.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GTlifter For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (May 4th, 2013), EQQUS (May 7th, 2013), inm (May 7th, 2013)
  #25   Add to Eager Muscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Yep, it's me; REAL GROWTH

Eager Muscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Eager Muscle
After first training at a hardcore bodybuilding gym, then a college student infused LA Fitness, finally at a suburban New York Sports Club I'm one of the big guys getting regularly checked out - at about 6' and only 190! (Quality, not quantity.)

"Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses."
- Dorothy Parker

"Faces fall, but a bicep's forever."
- Eager Muscle

"A personal trainer is someone who works for your lunch money."
- Eager Muscle

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text